Author Topic: VAdm Norman - Supply Ship contract: Legal fight  (Read 371097 times)

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: VAdm Norman - Supply Ship contract: Legal fight
« Reply #1025 on: August 05, 2020, 01:11:39 »
Our National Police Force seems to be more interested in covering the errors of the whole of government than working in the best interests and confidence of the public at large.

Sad because they could be such a force of good.  Instead, they are just an organization of shills.  #provemewrong

There is a stank in the Officer Corps of the RCMP. They would do well to remember they serve the people of Canada.

Online CBH99

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1026 on: August 05, 2020, 01:31:13 »
The rank and file do a great job, it's the senior leadership that is lacking.

Unfortunately, I think it's just the way senior agency leaders have to behave in the context of Ottawa politics.  Nobody seems to do what seems simple & straightforwards to the rest of us.  I imagine political pressure & unofficial influence plays a far greater role than we realize.

CDS Vance is a very common sense, straightforwards guy.  What he says to the public (and us) is what he has to say as the face of the department.  I highly doubt he's in agreement with all of the GoC and their military-related decisions.

I've wondered if perhaps some of the 'errors' and 'tartiness' on behalf of certain people involved in the VAdm Norman case wasn't quite intentional, in the hopes it would actually help his case in regards to legal technicalities. 

"Oh, did we refer to someone by a code name as to keep their real name out of documents that could be used to incriminate him?  Gee, shucks, sorry about that..."   
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #1027 on: August 05, 2020, 14:57:40 »
The rank and file do a great job, it's the senior leadership that is lacking.

And I agree. The ordinary constable on patrol isn't the issue, its the senior management in Ottawa. I say "management" because from what I've seen the high ranking RCMP officers don't lead.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Online CBH99

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1028 on: August 05, 2020, 23:38:31 »
And I agree. The ordinary constable on patrol isn't the issue, its the senior management in Ottawa. I say "management" because from what I've seen the high ranking RCMP officers don't lead.

Extremely true, and well said.  I should have used the work management instead of leadership, as you are 100% correct.

What surprised me most in my transition from the military to law enforcement was how - at the very top - it truly is management.  Here at the Alberta Solicitor General, the various police services that we communicate with weekly, etc.  It truly is management, not leadership.

The leadership, I've noticed anyway, seems to be from Staff Sgt & down.  From the station chiefs, to their subordinates.  Etc. 
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #1029 on: August 06, 2020, 07:51:29 »

Extremely true, and well said.  I should have used the work management instead of leadership, as you are 100% correct.

What surprised me most in my transition from the military to law enforcement was how - at the very top - it truly is management.  Here at the Alberta Solicitor General, the various police services that we communicate with weekly, etc.  It truly is management, not leadership.

The leadership, I've noticed anyway, seems to be from Staff Sgt & down.  From the station chiefs, to their subordinates.  Etc.
And the same goes for the jail I work at. Leadership is the Senior Unit Officer and the Unit Manager but not in all cases. Some are in fact quite useless.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".