Author Topic: The US Presidency 2020  (Read 61614 times)

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
Re: The US Presidency 2020
« Reply #700 on: June 23, 2020, 13:57:20 »

No, I meant the phrase 'Drinking the Koolaid.'

:rofl:

Not to derail this but I remember that massacre. And it wasn't Kool Aid - it was Flavour Aid.  ;)
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #701 on: June 23, 2020, 13:58:52 »
Not to derail this but I remember that massacre. And it wasn't Kool Aid - it was Flavour Aid.  ;)

And may I just say that I find it slightly disturbing that you have facts like that top of mind :)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline OceanBonfire

• Rate Post
« Reply #702 on: June 23, 2020, 14:02:49 »
Dozens of Republican former U.S. national security officials to back Biden

Dozens of Republican former U.S. national security officials are forming a group that will back Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, people familiar with the effort said, in a further sign that President Donald Trump has alienated some members of his own party.

The group will publicly endorse Biden in the coming weeks and its members plan to campaign for the former vice president who is challenging Trump in the Nov. 3 election, the sources said. It includes at least two dozen officials who served under Republican Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, with dozens more in talks to join, the sources added.

They will argue that another four years of a Trump presidency would endanger U.S. national security and that Republican voters should view Biden as the better choice despite policy differences, the sources said.

The initiative is being led by John Bellinger III and Ken Wainstein, according to the people involved, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Both held senior posts under George W. Bush. Bellinger served as legal adviser to the National Security Council and State Department. Wainstein served as Bush’s homeland security adviser and as chief of staff to former FBI Director Robert Mueller.

Another member of the group, the sources said, is Robert Blackwill, who served as a foreign policy adviser under both Bushes and ambassador to India under George W. Bush. The group includes some independents and officials from outside the national security arena, the sources said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-republicans-exclus/exclusive-dozens-of-republican-former-u-s-national-security-officials-to-back-biden-idUSKBN23U2LY
+300
Recruiting Centre: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular Force
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Occupation choice: Logistics Officer
Current application: March 28, 2017
CFAT: Previously completed in November 2011
Interview: July 11, 2017
Medical: August 2017
Competition list: October/November 2017
Position Offered: May 25, 2018
Swearing In: August 21, 2018
BMOQ: August 25, 2018
BMOQ Graduation: November 16, 2018
OFP: December 2019

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #703 on: June 23, 2020, 21:52:02 »
I've binned all the off topic posts that were borderline personal attacks or attempts to skirt the "no memes" policy. If people cannot debate issues, properly call sources into question or not take any of the above personally, there will be warnings/time outs handed down.

Over the next few days I'll also trim this topic into the current US Presidency thread and a new thread for the upcoming election. I'd ask folks to try to keep from cross-pollinating when possible just to keep discussions clean and on point.

- Milnet.ca Staff