Author Topic: Trump claims he was in bunker for a ‘tiny' period of time to inspect it  (Read 1182 times)

Offline jacksparrow

• Banned
  • Rate Post
Donald Trump has claimed to have spent only a “tiny” amount of time in a reinforced security bunker under the White House as protesters clashed with Secret Service agents outside and has insisted his time there was for an “inspection”, not his own safety.

In an interview with Fox News host Brian Kilmeade on his radio show on Wednesday, Trump also claimed to have visited the bunker in the daytime, not after dark, when protesters and law enforcement officers clashed outside the executive mansion.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/03/trump-bunker-george-floyd-protests

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
It isn't like he really has a choice. If the secret service says go they will make you. Apparently Dick Cheney had to be carried there after 9/11 because he didn't want to go.

Offline jacksparrow

• Banned
  • Rate Post
What, you mean he couldn't override as the Comd in Chief and say hell naw?

Chauvin in his orange jump suit

It isn't like he really has a choice. If the secret service says go they will make you. Apparently Dick Cheney had to be carried there after 9/11 because he didn't want to go.

- Staff edit to meet forum rules
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 19:40:19 by garb811 »

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
What, you mean he couldn't override as the Comd in Chief and say hell naw?

Chauvin in his orange jump suit

No. He couldn't. The job of the secret service protection detail is to protect the life of the POTUS, whether he likes it or not. They are not Donald Trump's bodyguards, they are the President's.The mugshot is a bit of a non sequitur, no?

- Staff edit of quote to meet forum rules
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 20:42:45 by garb811 »
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline mick

• Rate Post
So... is it more plausible that Donald Trump went for a tiny little inspection coincidentally during the protests outside the WH, as he now claims?  Or that his Secret Service detail required him to shelter there, and he had no choice?

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
So... is it more plausible that Donald Trump went for a tiny little inspection coincidentally during the protests outside the WH, as he now claims?  Or that his Secret Service detail required him to shelter there, and he had no choice?

There’s probably poor reception down there. Not too conducive to tweeting. I’m not convinced it’s a place he’d choose to spend time willingly.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
There’s probably poor reception down there. Not too conducive to tweeting. I’m not convinced it’s a place he’d choose to spend time willingly.

I can't seriously believe that a nation whose intelligence apparatus can read the screen of my Smartphone from a base on Mars has poor WIFI in the White House.
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Offline jeffb

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
I can't seriously believe that a nation whose intelligence apparatus can read the screen of my Smartphone from a base on Mars has poor WIFI in the White House.

Except that the bunker is likely a Level III facility. Likely no wifi there for security reasons.
~ Ubique ~
Simple is better except when complicated looks really cool.

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
Except that the bunker is likely a Level III facility. Likely no wifi there for security reasons.
Didn't you watch "White House Down" or "Olympus Has Fallen"?  There's WiFi everywhere.
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Didn't you watch "White House Down" or "Olympus Has Fallen"?  There's WiFi everywhere.

Luckily they entrusted the movie Preaident’s life to a Scotsman with great abs :)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Brad Sallows

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
He had to.  The live takes for a Downfall video have to be shot before the final crash, not after.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

"It is a damned heavy blow; but whining don't help."

Despair is a sin.

Offline jacksparrow

• Banned
  • Rate Post

Ahahahaha...Channing Tatum is NOT a Scot in the White House Down. I think you're getting it mixed up with Angel Has Fallen (Gerard Butler). LOL :rofl:

Luckily they entrusted the movie Preaident’s life to a Scotsman with great abs :)

Online FJAG

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • Google Sites Wolf Riedel
Ahahahaha...Channing Tatum is NOT a Scot in the White House Down. I think you're getting it mixed up with Angel Has Fallen (Gerard Butler). LOL :rofl:

Ah. Would that be "Olympus Has Fallen"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Has_Fallen

:whistle:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" and "Mark Winters, CID" book series at:
https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WolfRiedelAuthor/