Author Topic: Wrist Watch Recommendations - Merged Thread  (Read 229009 times)

Offline coyote489

• Rate Post
Re: Wrist Watch Recommendations - Merged Thread
« Reply #400 on: October 02, 2018, 21:28:23 »
I’ve had the fancy watches with GPS and all the bells and whistles but always end up going back to the ole Timex Ironman as well. 60 bucks and the thing lasts forever. It’s a Great watch and does exactly what it needs to.
"Audi, Vide, Tace"

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #401 on: October 02, 2018, 22:00:15 »
I’ve had the fancy watches with GPS and all the bells and whistles but always end up going back to the ole Timex Ironman as well. 60 bucks and the thing lasts forever. It’s a Great watch and does exactly what it needs to.
Concur. Brought my fancy Apple Watch on ex in Wainwright this past summer and almost destroyed it. Plus nowhere to plug it in the field. Now back to the Ironman I bought in the 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RubberTree

• Rate Post
Re: WTB:Mens Watch Recommendation
« Reply #402 on: April 18, 2019, 06:58:32 »

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2019, 21:41:40 »
Any input on the Garmin vevoactive 3?
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline AbdullahD

update status.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #404 on: May 12, 2019, 21:59:54 »
If anyone wants a nicer watch that is still work "ok". (Not sure of military reuirements but on the RR we need timepieces so this one only tells date/time)

I just bought a Citizen Titanium Eco-Drive time piece.. I like it quite a bit only gripe is the face is a mineral crystal instead of the sapphire crystal so more susceptible to scratching, having said that they did have the sapphire options but I did not like the look of them.

This thing, is quite attractive. Worth a look imo
Abdullah

Offline joeydepalmer65

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #405 on: May 12, 2019, 23:31:06 »
they still use watches? I have 1 from my grand father who picked it up after returning from ww1

Offline owl timer

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #406 on: October 26, 2019, 17:03:50 »
Does it exist a tactical watch with an open electronic design or pure mechanical a system with capabilities, if you want to watch inside, 5 years without any batteries, equal temperature emission than the ground and no noise emission, waterproof 200m, -50 to 150 degrees, without any plastic or material smelly for an animal, chronometer and alarm system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline owl timer

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2019, 17:29:58 »
Does it exist a tactical watch with an open electronic design or pure mechanical a system with capabilities, if you want to watch inside, 5 years without any batteries, equal temperature emission than the ground and no noise emission, waterproof 200m, -50 to 150 degrees, without any plastic or material smelly for an animal, chronometer and alarm system?

Apple watch looks like a big security issue.

Offline owl timer

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2019, 20:54:34 »
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5035-129/Steelix-Watch-with-NATO-Band

Momentum watch made in Canada

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #409 on: October 28, 2019, 12:27:13 »
I was at the Canex recently and noticed that they've heavily invested in G-Shock products....
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Furniture

• Rate Post
« Reply #410 on: November 02, 2019, 20:11:42 »
I was at the Canex recently and noticed that they've heavily invested in G-Shock products....

I never got the appeal of the G-Shock. A cheap Timex digital (Expedition, Ironman, etc.) does the same job, and isn't nearly as clunky.

I've since moved on to automatic watches, but purely for the esthetics. I like reading an analog watch, that happens to be powered by mechanical wizardry rather than a vibrating quartz crystal.

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #411 on: November 03, 2019, 23:10:29 »
I never got the appeal of the G-Shock. A cheap Timex digital (Expedition, Ironman, etc.) does the same job, and isn't nearly as clunky.

I've since moved on to automatic watches, but purely for the esthetics. I like reading an analog watch, that happens to be powered by mechanical wizardry rather than a vibrating quartz crystal.

:nod:

Furniture, have you ever checked out the Seiko 5 Automatic Field watch (model: SNK809)?

On a nice meaty OD or black NATO strap, says old school that will go the distance.

It’s lume isn’t the best (Not dove watch grade), but it’s a hard worker that presents and functions well, while not coming anywhere close to breaking the bank.

Cheers
G2G

Offline Furniture

• Rate Post
« Reply #412 on: November 04, 2019, 16:40:45 »
:nod:

Furniture, have you ever checked out the Seiko 5 Automatic Field watch (model: SNK809)?

On a nice meaty OD or black NATO strap, says old school that will go the distance.

It’s lume isn’t the best (Not dove watch grade), but it’s a hard worker that presents and functions well, while not coming anywhere close to breaking the bank.

Cheers
G2G

One of those SNK809s got me started with automatics, I've since upgraded to a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date. 

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #413 on: November 04, 2019, 16:58:02 »
One of those SNK809s got me started with automatics, I've since upgraded to a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date.

That’s a very nice follow-up to the Seiko 5! :nod:

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2019, 14:37:58 »
Interesting article.

https://theaviationist.com/2019/10/23/update-heres-why-we-saw-so-many-garmin-smart-watches-at-mcas-miramar/

Update: Here’s Why We Saw So Many Garmin Smart Watches at MCAS Miramar - 23 Oct 19.

And: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/garmin-tactix-charlie-tactical-gps-watch-review/#axzz64Quy7yle

Garmin Tactix Charlie – Tactical GPS Watch Review- 24 Oct 19
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline Parfa

• Rate Post
« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2020, 23:02:16 »
Anyone know if veh techs are allowed wristwatches in the shop or if they are even necessary? I heard workshops have more restrictions on jewelry.