Author Topic: Any STARGATE SG-1 & STARGATE Atlantis Fans Out There? Need Some Input  (Read 15345 times)

Offline >>Paladin<<

• Rate Post
  • "In Pace Paratus"
G'Day all, wondering if there are any fellow diehard Stargate SG-1 and STARGATE Atlantis fans out there? Wanting to know whether folks are finding the new season a little stupid as opposed to old ones (Seasons 1-8) with Col. O'Neill (Now Brig. Gen) and the old gang including old enemies (The G'ould) ? Keep 'em coming...what are your likes and dislikes if any? Any changes in the second season of STARGATE ATLANTIS?
"I chose nothing...I was born and this is what I am."---Achilles---

Offline Greywolf

• Rate Post
I  haven't actually seen Stargate Atlantis, but it does seem to me that it's going downhill compared to the 8 seasons from Stargate SG1.
Antes la muerte que la deshonra

Offline Kyle Burrows

• I'm Batman
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Barking out orders"
Man, O'neil came out of retirement.  I would have expected him to retire again instead of dialing an underwater city.
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-- February 1955 Combat Forces Journal

Offline sigpig

• Banned
  • Rate Post
As a huge Farscape fan I was looking forward to the show with both Ben and Claudia on it. However I just can't find anything interesting about the character played by Ben. And Claudia's seems to be there for comic relief. If Claudia still didn't look so hot (to this old guy), I don't know if I'd bother watching.

Atlantis needs more action and less of the touchy feely story lines. Again, I haven't found a character who I care much about.

I guess I watch both out of habit and while I'm waiting for Battlestar Gallactica to come on. Now there is a show!

Offline Rose79

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
By the new season do you mean 9?  I watch SG-1 on Space, and they aren't showing season 9 yet.   :(   I'm expecting it to be pretty crappy with the new team, but I'll give it a shot.  I'm addicted to SG-1, I have seasons 1-7 on DVD, and I'll get 8 as soon as I can!   ;D
I haven't really watched Atlantis - I saw an episode or two but I haven't been able to get into it. 
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Offline Old Ranger

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • "This Finger that lead the Fist, has Arthritis."
    • Anti-Miller
SG1 is one of my "Stories" that daddy has to watch to keep the Bad Man away :rage: ;D

Season 9 starts in the fall...correct?

Saw a bite of Atlantis..looks promising

What about the revamped BattleStar Galactica?
Some People are Dying to meet a Paramedic! Please Don't Drink and Drive!
Pain is not a Right!, It's Earned!
Don't let the Pain Hurt You, You Hurt the Pain!
Paramedics were created, because Firefighters need Hero's too.
I'll see your Jihad, and raise you a Crusade!...All In!
CPC, CSSA.
www.torontothebad.com

Offline Old Ranger

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
    • Anti-Miller
Who are the 5 advanced Races?

Who haven't we met yet?
CPC, CSSA.
www.torontothebad.com

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • The puck stops here ('War On Ice'!) Fight Smarter!
    • My pix (on MSN)
I don't have cable, so I haven't seen SG Atlantis (yet).

However, for me, Stargate is like Star Trek - I liked it from the beginning, and it's like those crude jokes that Molson Export paraphrased: "... any Ex is better than no Ex ..."
(with the exception of that debacle with whatever that space station was called ... how can you "trek" if you're in a frikkin' space station parked by a drain hole ..."Star Wreck"?)

As for corny ... yah, whatever (meh).
Sometimes I enjoy relaxing, putting my feet up, and my brain in neutral ... (at home, that is - I'm not like the tards I work with who do this at the office ...)
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-Feb 1955 Cbt Forces Journal
Those who appreciate true valour should in their daily intercourse set gentleness first and aim to win the love and esteem of others. If you affect valour and act with violence, the world will in the end detest you and look upon you as wild beasts. Of this you should take heed.
-Emperor Meiji: Rescript to Soldiers and Sailors, 4 January 1883

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
While I did not care for Jack being promoted and Smamantha taking command of the team I look forward to the 9th season and Atlantis (whenever Space decides to air)I am hoping for reruns for Season 8 as I missed a bunch of episodes.

As for Battlestar Galalctica. IIRC its already airing on the Sci Fi network in the US so hopefully the second season will start up here soon.
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Robert S

• Rate Post
I watched the first seven seasons, then it got boring. I also watched Startrek Voyager. Both good shows.
Pure Sentinel. Pure Power.
God bless Canada.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
While I won't be able to watch Season 9 until I'm back home...Atlantis isn't too bad. Season 2 is to start in September.

Mind you it can do with some tweeking. Not enough action, characters that are a bit bland. No comedic caracters to speak of.

The writers had better get off their butts and get to work. This one may go the same way as Star Trek Enterprise.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline >>Paladin<<

• Rate Post
  • "In Pace Paratus"
Wow this forum is doing kinda well, since I started it anyways. I managed to score myself all 8 previous seasons of Stargate SG-1 and the first season of Stargate Atlantis...finally...I must say that I'm a little dissapointed with the new season (9) of Stargate SG-1. While I'm still an avid fan and willing to give it a few episodes before I decide that it sucks completely, the first few episodes so far have sucked. The new hottie "Valla" is a nice edition though  :) As for Stargate Atlantis, there isn't much of a development, it remains interesting on it's own level and of-course our own Canadian "Tayla" continues to be a** kicka**ingly hot. For folks trying to get episodes or even entire seasons Try "Bit Comet" and search for Stargate and you will likely find entire seasons available in a single download at "Torrent Spy". Cheers! :cdn:
"I chose nothing...I was born and this is what I am."---Achilles---

Offline Dano-mac

• Anyone call for a Medic ?
  • Rate Post
Re: Any STARGATE SG-1 & STARGATE Atlantis Fans Out There? Need Some Input
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 00:57:08 »
I've followed SG-1 for a couple years now and just recently this year I've started watching most of the reruns, Season 7 leading to Season 8 I believe and I love watching them (old and new episodes) when I get the chance to.

Atlantis, I watched about the first 9-10 episodes and I felt they just made it a little too predictable and not interesting enough for me to follow up on it. Perhaps because of all the new actors or they didnt transition SG-1 to Atlantis very well  ???

Looking forward to SG-1 season 9 (still miss O'neil on the field though)

P.S. was some good specials on the space channel tonight:

From Stargate to Atlantis: A Sci-Fi Lowdown   (Special) ``Stargate Atlantis,'' companion series to ``Stargate SG-1.''

Star! Inside: Stargate SG-1   (Special) Cast members talk about their experiences with the show and give a tour of the SG-1 compound.

Dan  :salute:
What time is lunch ?

Offline Gubb

• Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 10:27:26 »

I have been an avid watcher of both shows.  I am currently on 909 I think for both, I don't care for the new episodes so much of SG1.  They meet with the Ori which are not near as cool as the old bad guys.  The show just isn't the same without the old characters, I still watch it because well i've been doing so this long and it is still entertaining.  I don't care for the new female (don't know what her name is) as someone mentioned the comic relief factor she gets on my nerves.  As for Atlantis, I enjoy them.  If it came down to it i would probably watch atlantis over SGI now. 

Gubbels
Basic 99 - belleville ON
  IES-SIC 2001 - Baggotville
  ACIC 2002 - Trenton
  Tech - BEC 2003 - Bordon
  Power 2004 - Kawartha lakes
  Tech Flt Comm. Flt's 1 and 2 C Sqn Blackdown 2005

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 07:24:42 »
......(with the exception of that debacle with whatever that space station was called ... how can you "trek" if you're in a frikkin' space station parked by a drain hole ..."Star Wreck"?)

You aren't talking about this show, are you?

http://www-fi2.starwreck.com/

A Finnish Sci-Fi spoof.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Larry Strong

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • 546 days from 0 to being King of the Castle
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 09:40:12 »
Cool Geroge. I can't fiqure out if thats a movie for real or a joke. I liked Stargate tiill Teal'c grew hair.
Proud sponsor of the Maple Leaf Legacy Project. http://www.mapleleaflegacy.ca

Offline Old Ranger

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
    • Anti-Miller
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 11:02:22 »
I liked Stargate tiill Teal'c grew hair.
Jealous?.......tee he he
CPC, CSSA.
www.torontothebad.com

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 11:40:08 »
Cool Geroge. I can't fiqure out if thats a movie for real or a joke. I liked Stargate tiill Teal'c grew hair.

It is a full length movie.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Bert

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 13:55:02 »
Want a bit of early 1970s retro-futuristic british sci-fi?  Check out these links:

http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=sub&id=530

http://ufoseries.com/

Its old but fun to watch.  I like the purple haired girls.   Mmmmmm...
...Moonbase girls.

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • My pix (on MSN)
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 20:38:20 »
... I managed to score myself all 8 previous seasons of Stargate SG-1 and the first season of Stargate Atlantis...As for Stargate Atlantis, there isn't much of a development, it remains interesting on it's own level and of-course our own Canadian "Tayla" continues to be a** kicka**ingly hot. ...

Bummer!  I was Duty Offr last night - had to content myself with whatever season/episode was on Space Channel ... sigh ... (i.e. as opposed to having a Stargate marathon/all-nighter ... haha!)

Then again, I've also got to sit down and watch the entire first season of "Lost" ...
(so little time, so many movies ...)
Those who appreciate true valour should in their daily intercourse set gentleness first and aim to win the love and esteem of others. If you affect valour and act with violence, the world will in the end detest you and look upon you as wild beasts. Of this you should take heed.

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • My pix (on MSN)
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 20:40:36 »
... Its old but fun to watch.   I like the purple haired girls.     Mmmmmm...
...Moonbase girls.

Oh, behave!  (now ... where did I leave my copy of "Barbarella" ... ?)

Offline 735_winnipeg

• Rate Post
Stargate
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 07:54:18 »
has anyone watched stargate sg-1 and atlantis?  if so then you can answer my question, before they started using the p-90s as the main weapon, what weapon were they using?  it kinda looks like mp5s but i could be wrong.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Man.....you need to learn how to use SEARCH.

Offline 735_winnipeg

• Rate Post
hey just woke up today, so that wasn't exactly the first thing that came to mind.  GW, do you know the answer?

Offline techie

• Rate Post
it was the MP5's
It is better to keep your mouth shut, and have someone think you are stupid, then to open your mouth and prove them right.

Offline Kate723

• Rate Post
I used to LOVE Sg-1, but since they killed off good ol Doc Frasier and Jack left the show, it's gone downhill. The Ori are idiots. I miss the goa'uld. I still watch it, because I love Vala and Daniel, but... S10 should be better then S9, and I *think* it's coming out on Space in November.
Now Atlantis on the other hand is an outstanding show. Gotta love the wraith, and the storylines just plain rock. I  can't wait for S3 ;D

Someone asked about the five races and who we haven't met yet. we haven't met the Furlings yet, but they're going to be in S10.
I aim to misbehave

Can't stop the signal

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
The problem I have with the whole Ori thing is this:  We get enough "believe in our god or die infidels" crap on the 6 o'clock news, I don't need it on my escape time. Same reason I don't watch "reality" TV... I watch to escape reality.  SGA has potential, but they need to pick up the pace a bit.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Kate723

• Rate Post
They pick up the pace in season 2. There's a lot more action. Season 2, IMO, is better then season 1. For one thing, Carson is a regular ;)
I aim to misbehave

Can't stop the signal

Offline Old Ranger

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
    • Anti-Miller
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2006, 09:54:29 »
Someone asked about the five races and who we haven't met yet. we haven't met the Furlings yet, but they're going to be in S10.

Are you sure?
Which race was the little forest people that could make things disappear? (Quark from DS-90210)

Ben
CPC, CSSA.
www.torontothebad.com

Offline rmacqueen

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 13:24:05 »
Its old but fun to watch.  I like the purple haired girls.   Mmmmmm...
...Moonbase girls.

I remember rushing home from school when I was in grade 4 or 5 to watch UFO on television.  Their was one episode where a ufo crashed in Canada and they sent one of the modiles after it.  It was pretty cool for its time.

Like a lot of people here I don't really like SG1 since O'Neil left, Richard Dean Anderson is the king of sarcasm.  Still haven't seen enough of Atlantis to form an opinion but can hardly wait for third season of Battlestar Galatica to start.  Already have VCR set up to record it so I don't miss an episode.
I would rather regret the things I have done than the things I haven't - Lucille Ball

Offline Techy

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 14:09:01 »
G'Day all, wondering if there are any fellow diehard Stargate SG-1 and STARGATE Atlantis fans out there? Wanting to know whether folks are finding the new season a little stupid as opposed to old ones (Seasons 1-8) with Col. O'Neill (Now Brig. Gen) and the old gang including old enemies (The G'ould) ? Keep 'em coming...what are your likes and dislikes if any? Any changes in the second season of STARGATE ATLANTIS?

Here's some input: Watch the new Battlestar Galactica!!
:)

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2006, 14:22:37 »
I always thought it was fitting that the rest of the universe looks like the lower mainland, it's proof the world revolves around our vancover ego's  ;D

Offline rmacqueen

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 00:14:32 »
I always thought it was fitting that the rest of the universe looks like the lower mainland, it's proof the world revolves around our vancover ego's  ;D
Don't let the Torontonians hear you say that
I would rather regret the things I have done than the things I haven't - Lucille Ball

Offline Nug

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 01:48:28 »
Don't let the Torontonians hear you say that
[This could be the start of a civil war!  ;D

Offline Rose79

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 09:32:02 »
Are you sure?
Which race was the little forest people that could make things disappear? (Quark from DS-90210)

Ben

That was the Nox.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Offline sigpig

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 10:44:48 »
Well, SG-1 is cancelled, this is the last year. About time. They were letting it die a slow and painful death, a shadow of what it used to be.

It wasn't the same without O'Neil and I hate the new general character, just awful. I loved Ben and Claudia from Farscape but the Mitchell character was just boring.

Have O'Neill/Carter and Daniel/Vala make it a double wedding and end  the series on a high note.

Oh, and Battlestar Galactica S3 starts in a couple of weeks on scifi. I can't wait!!!

Offline rmacqueen

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 14:24:19 »
Oh, and Battlestar Galactica S3 starts in a couple of weeks on scifi. I can't wait!!!
Just saw an ad, October 7th on Space

Offline Old Ranger

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
    • Anti-Miller
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 06:01:29 »
That was the Nox.
Correct.

5 Races was a trick question. We (humans) have great potential of becoming the fifth.
CPC, CSSA.
www.torontothebad.com

Offline soul

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2006, 12:33:00 »
Peace of Christ Jesus in His Holy Divine Will.

Getting very close to not watching SG1 anymore.
i cannot stand Valla--constant sickening comic and display of "mammary glands".  Her constant irritating words, gestures and dumb antics.  i can't stomach much more; she just has overtaken all the other characters who seem to be fading away.
Glad to see that i am not alone in this sad development; i miss the old characters.

Divine Will descend upon the Earth and reign as You do in Heaven.

Offline sigpig

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2006, 13:24:35 »
Wow. I've never seen a post regarding a tv show start and end with some kind of religious statement  :o

At this stage of the series Vallas humourous comments and mammary glands are about the only reasons I keep watching  :D

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2006, 18:41:50 »
dude,
even the Padres on this site don't put that treacle in their posts. Lighten up!
...time to cull the herd.