Author Topic: Return of NDI 75: Veteran Service Card [Merged]  (Read 170265 times)

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Return of NDI 75: Veteran Service Card [Merged]
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 13:41:27 »
Thats because the NDI 75 is managed by NDHQ. The more things we can get out of there, the better. I think VAC would be far better at administering this, despite their previous issues.

Online Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2015, 14:00:14 »

Looks like the prelude to opening/reopenning up Veterans Affairs Offices and employing more at Veterans Affairs to deal with the management, photographing of Veterans and issuing of these cards.

Ahh but you forgot vets are now able to go to Service Canada which can take care of your application and probably even do your picture. No need to open any offices.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5620.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2015, 14:18:30 »
I'll get one. I can put it with the CF 75 and the NDI 75 I've already got.
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2015, 21:06:56 »
And a promise on the campaign trail to replace the NDI 75:

http://www.conservative.ca/harper-conservatives-to-issue-new-canadian-veterans-card-to-all-military-veterans-2/

Anyone know what the status of this is with the new government? My dad served 9 years 8 months on the 60's, trying to get him a veterans card and if possible some benefits.
Living the lean life.

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 21:14:45 »
Standing by. Have an inquiry in to the Minister of Veterans Affairs.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 21:19:46 »
Anyone know what the status of this is with the new government? My dad served 9 years 8 months on the 60's, trying to get him a veterans card and if possible some benefits.

Its a Tory campaign promise. Expect that even if it makes sense, the Liberals won't do it with any sort of priority (or at all). They've got enough special interests to placate, the CAF and veterans are at the bottom of the barrel.

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2015, 14:17:45 »
Spoke to a staffer in Minister Hehr's office and they are looking into a new veteran's card. Especially to help identify veterans in need and/or homeless veterans.

Offline Aerobicrunner

• Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2016, 17:41:41 »
I received notice that a CANFORGEN was sent out this week stating that the NDI 75 is being replaced by the CF1 Card issued by Canadian Forces Morale Welfare Services directorate information.  No picture, just a plastic card.  The NDI 75 will cease being produced on 1 Feb 16. 

There is nothing in the CF1 Card site about this yet:  https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CFOne/Pages/default.aspx   

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2016, 17:48:16 »
I received notice that a CANFORGEN was sent out this week stating that the NDI 75 is being replaced by the CF1 Card issued by Canadian Forces Morale Welfare Services directorate information.  No picture, just a plastic card.  The NDI 75 will cease being produced on 1 Feb 16. 

There is nothing in the CF1 Card site about this yet:  https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CFOne/Pages/default.aspx

Is today the 1st of April?

They are two different cards for two different reasons.  The CF1 Card is a CANEX Card that replaced a previous incarnation of a CANEX Card.  The NDI 75 is a "Record of Service" card.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2016, 17:49:37 »
Not anymore, your card to identify you as a veteran is going to be the CF1 card with veteran written on it and no picture.

I wish it was an April fools joke.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2016, 17:51:14 »
Anyone can get a CANEX Card.  What a friggin joke.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Aerobicrunner

• Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2016, 17:52:29 »
I am telling you that the NDI 75 is being replaced by the CF1 Canex Card, the NDI 75 is done.  You will need to use some other photo ID in conjunction with the CF 1 Card.  I didn't make this up...the CANFORGEN came out this week.  I do not have access to the CANFORGEN right now, but someone else out there will and will probably post the text of it to this forum.  If not I will post next week.

Offline Aerobicrunner

• Rate Post
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2016, 18:03:28 »
I was able to capture a copy of the CANFORGEN:

CANFORGEN 011/16 CMP 008/16 S 191728Z JAN 16
TRANSITION FROM THE RECORD OF SERVICE (NDI 75) CARD
UNCLASSIFIED
REFS: A. OP ORDER IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW CFONE CARD, 23 JUNE 2015
B. CFAO 15-2
C. MILITARY HUMAN RESOURCES RECORDS PROCEDURES
1.   UNDERSTANDING THE NEED TO FULLY AND PROPERLY RECOGNIZE SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES (CAF) AND THEIR FAMILIES, THE CAF WILL TRANSITION FROM THE RECORD OF SERVICE CARD (NDI75) TO THE CFONE CARD AS THE RECOGNITION CARD OF CHOICE. AS PART OF THIS TRANSITION, THE CAF WILL CEASE PROCESSING OF THE NDI 75 EFFECTIVE 1 FEBRUARY, 2016
2.   THE CFONE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CAF AND THEIR FAMILIES. VETERANS OF THE CAF WILL RECEIVE A SPECIALLY DESIGNED CARD THAT RIGHTFULLY DISTINGUISHES THEM AS A VETERAN OF THE CAF. DETAILS FOR HOW TO OBTAIN A CFONE CARD ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH CFMWS AND AT THE WEBSITE LOCATED AT WWW.CF1FC.CA
3.   WHILE THE NDI 75 CARD WILL NO LONGER BE IN PRODUCTION, THE CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE DOCUMENTATION (DND 2279 OR CF 707 AND CF 54) WILL CONTINUE TO BE PROVIDED TO ALL RETIRING AND TRANSITIONING MEMBERS OF THE CAF AS THEY FINALIZE THEIR ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO DEPARTING THE CAF
4.   RESPECTIVE URS WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE THE DND 2279 AND CF 707 DOCUMENTS FOR MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 10 YEARS OF SERVICE (YOS) AND DMCA WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE CF 54 FOR MEMBERS WITH MORE THAN 10 YOS. FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE REFER TO COMMANDER MPC WEB PAGE OF THE MILITARY HUMAN RESOURCES RECORDS PROCEDURES PUBLICATION (MHRRP) http://HTTP://UPKPROD.DESC.MIL.CA/HRMSP/ENG/DATA/TOC.HTML
5.   REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE NEW CFONE CARD WILL BE REDIRECTED TO CFMWS WHO WILL PROVIDE MORE DETAILS WITHIN THE COMING WEEKS

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2016, 18:09:07 »
Anyone can get a CANEX Card.  What a friggin joke.

As I said:

2.   THE CFONE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CAF AND THEIR FAMILIES.

Anyone can get a CFONE Card; not just serving and former members.

Offline cdnchck

• Rate Post
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2016, 18:11:07 »
Here is the canforgen.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2016, 18:13:28 »
Anyone can get a CFONE Card; not just serving and former members.

You're shooting the messenger, he's just stating whats on the CANFORGEN.

That being said, CFMWS is supposed to release details in the coming weeks, so hopefully there will be a redesign, or a picture on the back similar to the COSTCO card so it can be used like photo ID.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2016, 18:19:57 »
If there is a requirement for a card to identify individuals as veterans of the CAF, if only there was a department mandated to look after veterans of the CAF who could issue such a card.

This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline kratz

Spring is still hiding under the covers.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2016, 18:33:58 »
This is part of electing a new government.

Harper wanted all Veterans photo ID each year.

Now we have this change.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2016, 19:51:17 »
You're shooting the messenger, he's just stating whats on the CANFORGEN.

I am not shooting the messenger.  It is right there in para 2.  You do not have to be a serving or former member of the CAF; you can be a family member -- never having served.

This is a "Benefits/Points Card" for CANEX; not a "Record of Service".  Two different cards with two different purposes.  The absurdity of it all makes me wonder if we will we soon see the NDI 10, NDI 20, NDI 21 and others be replaced by a CFONE card in the future?

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2016, 19:52:38 »
I am not shooting the messenger.  It is right there in para 2.  You do not have to be a serving or former member of the CAF; you can be a family member -- never having served.

This is a "Benefits/Points Card" for CANEX; not a "Record of Service".  Two different cards with two different purposes.  The absurdity of it all makes me wonder if we will we soon see the NDI 10, NDI 20, NDI 21 and others be replaced by a CFONE card in the future?

Don't give anymore ideas to the "good idea" fairy...... ;D
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline kratz

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2016, 20:06:33 »
The NDI 75 was a shooting duck, waiting to be hit.

There are bonifide active security reasons for the NDI 10 and 20,
but veterans proving their service is not worth the same level of expense,
or "someone else (department) " should be paying this expense.

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2016, 20:46:16 »
The NDI 75 was a shooting duck, waiting to be hit.

There are bonifide active security reasons for the NDI 10 and 20,
but veterans proving their service is not worth the same level of expense,
or "someone else (department) " should be paying this expense.

Actually it was a focal point for many whiners who had not done the time to earn one.

[Edit to add]

OH!...and to add: It is the CAF who keeps record of your Service and should issue such documents on Release, not some other organization or Department.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 20:58:37 by George Wallace »

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2016, 21:34:43 »
Actually it was a focal point for many whiners who had not done the time to earn one.

[Edit to add]

OH!...and to add: It is the CAF who keeps record of your Service and should issue such documents on Release, not some other organization or Department.

Absolutely, it should be completed by MP IDEN Sect as part of the release procedure and member is not released until they have it in hand with their final handshake.

Then again, fiefdoms keep the world go round. No reason why we couldn't combine the new 404s with the NDI 20, just a blank spot for "Classes" if you're not able to drive vehicles. Nope, we continue to print out double cards because the MPs wouldn't give the kingdom up.

Offline kratz

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2016, 21:48:54 »

[Edit to add]

Apparently, that vocal group won enough ears to discredit any commitment to service.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2016, 21:51:38 »
Apparently, that vocal group won enough ears to discredit any commitment to service.

As opposed to the vocal group who confuse length of service with quality of service?
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html