Author Topic: BMQ Failure Rate  (Read 30845 times)

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: BMQ Failure Rate
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2018, 18:02:51 »
Simply put, there is a difference between a, "Which pet do you like better? Puppies, Kitties or icky reptiles" type poll, and one that is asking for people to state if they have been injured on BMQ and the severity/duration of that injury. One is of no real consequence, the other can lead to people forming opinions that are not based on facts.

-Milnet.ca Staff

Offline JesseWZ

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2018, 18:06:28 »
Wouldn’t that reasoning apply to all polling on this site?  In which case, why have the polling option at all?

Because other polls on this site are for opinions. You’re asking for unbiased fact which is not possible with an anonymous poll like this. A serious injury to one person may not be near the same to another.
I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard...

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2018, 18:11:24 »
What are you trying to achieve? People get hurt on BMQ. They also get hurt falling on their driveway in the winter. The best way to help prevent injuries is to show up in shape, but you're not going to stop all of them. Sometimes @#$@ just happens.

Offline ontheedge

• Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2018, 19:29:47 »
Okay thank you for the feedback. Duly noted

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2018, 00:32:09 »
From what I've seen, current basic training is wayyyy better at making sure people don't get injured than 20 + years  ago.

Just my $0.02 worth.
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline ontheedge

• Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2018, 00:38:15 »
From what I've seen, current basic training is wayyyy better at making sure people don't get injured than 20 + years  ago.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Yes after googling it further it seems the Forces made some changes with the ombudsman’s participation in 2000 after some dude seriously messed up his leg muscle. The report indicated the Forces were proactive and put systems in place to prevent needless injury. Good to hear.