Author Topic: 4 Reasons Why I Will Miss the (US) Navy - Task and Purpose  (Read 4161 times)

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
4 Reasons Why I Will Miss the (US) Navy - Task and Purpose
« on: December 05, 2015, 08:32:27 »
I sometimes miss my time as a MARS officer.  Then, the thought of Workups and Duty Watch reminds me that switching to aircrew blue was a good decision   ;)

The fraternal ties of military service are not limited to my own country. Some of my closest friends serve in the navies of coalition partners. We learned that the farther we were from our home countries, the smaller were our national divisions. We were all bound by the unshakeable call to service.

The camaraderie of the military is frequently cited as the best part of serving. You learn to laugh in the worst of times because, as an Australian officer I served with said, “If you didn’t laugh, you’d cry.” 

We would die for our friends. This is the hardest part to leave. I can’t shake the feeling that I am turning my back on my sailors and friends, but I know that we will all continue to serve long after we are out of uniform. 

http://taskandpurpose.com/4-reasons-why-i-will-miss-the-navy/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=tp-facebook&utm_campaign=culture
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline BlueAngels14

• Rate Post
  • NWO
Re: 4 Reasons Why I Will Miss the (US) Navy - Task and Purpose
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:59:55 »
Thanks for the great read! I currently have an application in for MARS DEO and am looking forward to making it! [:)
Trade: NWO (Reg F, DEO)
Application Date: May 31, 2015
CFAT: June 4th, 2015 - Passed
MOST: July 3rd, 2015 - Passed
Interview: March 7th, 2016 - Passed
Background Check: March 16th, 2016 - Completed
Medical: April 7th, 2016 - Completed
Requested Medical Info: April 15th, 2016 - Submitted
Cleared Medical: July 27th, 2016
Merit Listed: August 11, 2016 
Position offered: August 26th, 2016
Swearing in: January 4th, 2017