• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Installation of Tampon Dispensers in all Washrooms

So to you, wrecking a box = insurgency?

:ROFLMAO:

Don't stop, you're too good!
I have no idea how you made that conclusion.

I said it was vandalism in response to others saying it was civil disobedience. Then you said that you didn’t care if “rowdy but honest troopers” taught the govt a lesson.

So…you made the “vandalism = insurgency” connection, not me.

Are they still 'rowdy but honest troopers' when the beat the living sh*t out of a trans member, or a racial minority, or a woman, because smashing equipment didn't achieve their aim?

How many CAF members are guilty of assault on any member of society?

I have no idea how you made that conclusion.

I said it was vandalism in response to others saying it was civil disobedience. Then you said that you didn’t care if “rowdy but honest troopers” taught the govt a lesson.

So…you made the “vandalism = insurgency” connection, not me.
Much of civil disobedience is vandalism. Burn something, break something, tear something down, obstruct something.

Much of civil disobedience is vandalism. Burn something, break something, tear something down, obstruct something.
And when groups we disagree with, do it, it’s not called civil disobedience — in some small quarters, it amounts to “terrorism”. The nomenclature is based on one’s view of the rationale behind it, but both are wrong.

Dimsum, you made a comment about civilian control of the military.

What is the philosophical reasoning for that structure, to you? Is it because it's critically important for civilians to manage our restrooms? Or is it in fact to prevent domestic insurgencies, mutinies, coups?

If the former, I suggest you should refrain from attempting to give lessons on military organization. If the latter, then apologize for your apparent dishonesty or elaborate on why you would bring up such a feature of said organization in this conversation.
And when groups we disagree with, do it, it’s not called civil disobedience — in some small quarters, it amounts to “terrorism”. The nomenclature is based on one’s view of the rationale behind it, but both are wrong.
Hyperbolic.

Wrecking a box does not put anyone's life in danger, nor does it materially damage Canada's strategic infrastructure or economic capacity.
I don't disagree that it may well be a fool's errand, as civil disobedience often is.

But between a government forcing a deceitful and diabolical ideology down the throats of its employees and some of those employees wrecking a box... There is a greater evil and a lesser evil.

Reactions: QV
Dimsum, you made a comment about civilian control of the military.

What is the philosophical reasoning for that structure, to you? Is it because it's critically important for civilians to manage our restrooms? Or is it in fact to prevent domestic insurgencies, mutinies, coups?

If the former, I suggest you should refrain from attempting to give lessons on military organization. If the latter, then apologize for your apparent dishonesty or elaborate on why you would bring up such a feature of said organization in this conversation.
Yeah, I made a comment about civilian control of the military. That was in response to your comment about not caring if troops taught the government a lesson.

I hope that I don’t have to explain why a comment like that, from someone who has a military background, isn’t exactly the best on an open forum.

Yeah, I made a comment about civilian control of the military. That was in response to your comment about not caring if troops taught the government a lesson.

I hope that I don’t have to explain why a comment like that, from someone who has a military background, isn’t exactly the best on an open forum.
Unlike you, I think I understand that humans are not robots.

Ever heard of the Mainguy report?

Think the preceding soft mutinies should never have occurred? That troops should just accept nonsensical mistreatment?

Sometimes, the road to progress is bumpy. Sometimes, the government needs to shake its head, or have it shaken.

Anyone else laughing at how very emotional some men are being about the free tampon machines?
Indeed, it is very funny how some are getting their panties in a bunch over a few wrecked boxes.

Indeed, it is very funny how some are getting their panties in a bunch over a few wrecked boxes.
Just to pose you a hypothetical: you’re a serving CAF member- NCO/officer, whatever you are or were. You go to the bathroom to drop a deuce and scroll your phone for a couple of minutes, and you catch one of your troops wrecking the menstrual products machine, or emptying it out.

What do you do? Let’s make sure you square your personal beliefs with your military duties on this one.

LOL. You post this. Right after saying this: But between a government forcing a deceitful and diabolical ideology down the throats of its employees and some of those employees wrecking a box... There is a greater evil and a lesser evil.

Just to pose you a hypothetical: you’re a serving CAF member- NCO/officer, whatever you are or were. You go to the bathroom to drop a deuce and scroll your phone for a couple of minutes, and you catch one of your troops wrecking the menstrual products machine, or emptying it out.

What do you do? Let’s make sure you square your personal beliefs with your military duties on this one.
I'd do my job. Doesn't mean I don't understand it. And they too will understand why I must do my job.

Civil disobedience has a cost. To be courageous in the absence of danger is not to be courageous at all. Same applies to disobedience.

It also doesn't mean that you'll find me on internet forums salivating at the idea of punishing my troops for the grave crime of... wrecking a box.

---

But let's push it further. For a certain someone who apparently can't see further than his nose. Say that same ideology leads to the government ordering me to hold male and female prisoners in the same cell because the former - a sex offender - claims to be female. No, I am not going to obey that order. I'll take the charge if I have to.

Such a scenario is precedented and has led to precisely what anyone with a brain would predict.

The point just sails way over some of your heads. And some just want to label people as bigots for not embracing every stupid thing.

... Hyperbolic.

Wrecking a box does not put anyone's life in danger, nor does it materially damage Canada's strategic infrastructure or economic capacity ...
Agreed, and I'm not calling this level of vandalism "terrorism". I should have been clearer: some folks in these parts have called people charged & convicted of mischief "terrorists" because they don't agree with the convict's politics/policies, while others don't think they're terrorists. Terrorism, like "civil disobedience vs. vandalism", is all in the eye of the beholder.
... Civil disobedience has a cost. To be courageous in the absence of danger is not to be courageous at all. Same applies to disobedience ...
... I am not going to obey that order. I'll take the charge if I have to ...
That's also a big element of civil disobedience: this via Encyclopedia Britannica in their definition ....
Screenshot 2024-05-28 164046.jpg
Anyone been willing to be punished yet to prove the point?

The point just sails way over some of your heads. And some just want to label people as bigots for not embracing every stupid thing.
Please point that out with the current discussion. Sometimes some of you are having weird arguments in your head and posting what you think you heard or read.

Is taking tampons to keep in my truck in case someone I'm with has an emergency stealing?

I'd do my job. Doesn't mean I don't understand it. And they too will understand why I must do my job.
That’s good. Your initial post seems to indicate you were fine with their actions as long as it was to show the gvt a lesson.
Civil disobedience has a cost. To be courageous in the absence of danger is not to be courageous at all. Same applies to disobedience.
Courageous? They smashed some stuff and walked out and probably haven’t said a word to anyone about it. Looks like cowardice to me.
It also doesn't mean that you'll find me on internet forums salivating at the idea of punishing my troops for the grave crime of... wrecking a box.
Who exactly is salivating? Some people posted what should be done in that context. Basically their jobs.
---

But let's push it further. For a certain someone who apparently can't see further than his nose. Say that same ideology leads to the government ordering me to hold male and female prisoners in the same cell because the former - a sex offender - claims to be female. No, I am not going to obey that order. I'll take the charge if I have to.
Apples and oranges. How about this. Just hold it in all day until you go home. Out of sight out of mind. You’ll be fine.
Such a scenario is precedented and has led to precisely what anyone with a brain would predict.
Such a scenario is not even comparable.

Back