• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

‘White nationalism’ a threat the Canadian Armed Forces aren’t equipped for: watchdog

I just chuckle at the CAF now....

So do I, but I’m still on the other side of the bars…😔

Bored The Virginian GIF by GritTV

The military and police are both about 90% white so I don't think white men have any problem getting in..
Although, I don't speak as one.

The military and police are both about 90% white so I don't think white men have any problem getting in..
Have you seen the Toronto Police Service? Pretty sure it ain't 90% white.

Reactions: ueo

No, I tend not to hang around police.

Last edited:
Many years ago I applied to WPS. I had to write a test and pass it then do the PT requirement. As a white "privileged" male I was on my own. Certain ethnicities were given a three month course to bring them up to the standard just to write the test.

WHEN you apply quotas to your recruitment goals you often overlook the best person for one of those that "fit the profile"

But what do I know.

You forgot to account for indigenous population in those percentages.

Also there is a margin of error since some people of colour will not identify as a visible minority.

Also there is the women numbers. Since your 90% number implies it’s white men.

Your 90% claim is off.

That isn’t to say we are anywhere near where we should be in terms of diversity (we aren’t) but let’s at least use accuracy in numbers when making a point so as to not do a disservice to an important discussion and topic.

I think its more important to look at racial/cultural make up of their total applicant numbers. If they are getting 90%+ Caucasian applicants chances are that will be reflected in staffing. And positions need to be staffed.

The key is making professions desirable to the wide rages of races/cultures we have; but even doing that you cannot force people to take up certain professions.

Many years ago I applied to WPS. I had to write a test and pass it then do the PT requirement. As a white "privileged" male I was on my own. Certain ethnicities were given a three month course to bring them up to the standard just to write the test.

WHEN you apply quotas to your recruitment goals you often overlook the best person for one of those that "fit the profile"

But what do I know.
There's definitely discrimination - I just want to counter some of the nihilism.

You forgot to account for indigenous population in those percentages.

Also there is a margin of error since some people of colour will not identify as a visible minority.

Apparently we have a higher share of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit in the military than among the total population aged 17 and older.

We also have a higher representation of same-sex couples and trans people than the civilian populace.

Apparently we have a higher share of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit in the military than among the total population aged 17 and older.

We also have a higher representation of same-sex couples and trans people than the civilian populace.
It’s been that way for a while. Not sure about now, but for a time we were the only federal department or agency other than INAC to meet its targets for First Nations targets.

Good news tends to get forgotten sometimes.

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been shouted from the rooftops.

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been shouted from the rooftops.
The same reason maybe why in the PS, 56% of the workforce is comprised of women but are still a designated equity group.

Not sure but it may have to do with ensuring we aren’t seing blips and that trends are more permanent etc etc

Back