• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Oct 06: Day of Protest Against the CF (& Canadian war crimes against an occupied people)

couchcommander said:
They just got to the park across from my apartment... resisting the urge to boo them loudly.
Boo them, I would, but there are less then 200 people here in my town to have a rally, and most people here support the troops, and do not want to bring them home when their job isn't done.

George Wallace said:
So?  Did anyone get counted in as one of their numbers, while handing out pamphlets with the Ruxted Editorial on them?  Did anyone capture photos of these large crowds of demonstrators?

There's about 200 here in Montreal (in the pouring rain) at Dominion Sq., then they are going to March along St. Catherine.

Traffic reports suggest you avoid the area.

Strange these idiot's can interupt traffic, but the RHR Blackwatch shouldn't have  Marched  on Sherbrooke St on their Church Parade. (yes we all know the BS Bylaw concerning that).

Cheers.

Just saw Taliban Jack being interviewed on CTV and he went on to say that the Government should listen to the majority of Canadians and pull out of Afghanistan.  Funny how the numbers showing up for Red Friday's support rallies are larger than this one.  I guess Jack must have failed math in school........oh!  Sorry, he learned the 'New Math'.....(Turn on Bill Cosby Noah voice) Right!!!!!!!

He has also missed this poll: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/52464.0.html

It seems Canadians are ready to support war.  Go figure.

MCG said:
Go find the media & hand them a Ruxted print-out.

Oh done and done.

Rather than boo-them, I figured I do something more productive. 45 minutes, a radio interview (the only station there), and about 40 ruxted editorials later, here are those pictures you wanted. The ruxted editorials were indeed really useful for the lazy amongst us.

*edit* heh, you can actually see one of the radio guys (and girl) standing in the background reading the editorial I gave them a minute ago (back right).

Additional images to give a more complete idea of the crowd size.

Well there’s a wet Saturday afternoon that I could have put to better use like doing laundry.

The usual suspects showed up and chanted and ranted. Then strolled off up University Ave and I headed for Timmies. Not before a little sabotage of course. I realised handing out the Ruxted Editiorials would have caused a bit of a confrontation so I just discreetly slipped them into piles of the normal Marxist Leftist crap being doled out. They probably got canned the minute they realised what they were, but you never know.

I caught up to them at Moss Park where of course one mouth breather had to draw a similarity to the troops in Afghanistan and the beating death of a homeless person in the park by the armouries for which a couple of Reservists have been charged.

Anyway I took quite a few shots but I won’t waste all of Mike’s bandwidth so here’s a few:

DSCF3124.jpg

DSCF3127.jpg

DSCF3116.jpg

DSCF3130.jpg

DSCF3134.jpg

DSCF3140.jpg

DSCF3136-1.jpg

And my personal favourite
DSCF3131.jpg

Missed the former failed O/Cdt, like I said I have priorities in life and a large double double seemed more important. ;D

Danjanou said:
I realised handing out the Ruxted Editiorials would have caused a bit of a confrontation

Not in the slightest here. Got some funny looks, pointing, and talking quietly in groups after they realized what it was, but that was about it. I concentrated on the people walking by, media, and those who weren't holding death to bush signs, etc (possible curious on-lookers).

couchcommander said:
*edit* heh, you can actually see one of the radio guys (and girl) standing in the background reading the editorial I gave them a minute ago (back right).

Excellent!  ;D  And the photo of the Press reading it (and at the looks of it, discussing it too) was fantastic...... ;D

The Ottawa protest was about 100-150 people, and probably half as many police officers! I have to say the OPS and the RCMP in this town know exactly what they are doing. They had officers everywhere the protesters might march and controlled it expertly. They didn't have any speakers of note, just a bunch of career agitators who organize just about every single protest in this city. Afghanistan today, bottled water tomorrow, you name it and they enjoy writing it on signs. It fizzled out a few minutes after they reached the steps of Parliament and everyone wandered home. The few tourists that were out didn't give them the time of day!

Danjounou:
From on of your photos, looks like *maybe* a couple of hundred there.  Is that in Toronto?

I just watched the local news here in Ottawa.

It looks like more people came out in Kingston, ON, in the rain, to honour the entire military garrison which was granted the Freedom of the City than participated in all the demonstrations by the unwashed, the uneducated and the unprincipled in all 37 cities.

If Canadian journalists had any ethical standards or even a tiny shred of responsibility towards the truth they would tell Canadians that Jack Layton, Francisco Juarez,  Sid Lacombe and all these dimwits failed, failed miserably to garner any significant support for their stupid bring the troops home proposal.  Instead our journalists slavishly follow the loony-left’s party line; what a sad excuse for a profession.

von Garvin said:
Danjounou:
From on of your photos, looks like *maybe* a couple of hundred there.  Is that in Toronto?

Yeah 200-250 tops. I was there on and off for about an hour at the initial rally site and people kept cominhg and going for coffee. Of that number I'd say 10-15% were press too, maybe higher. Numbers dropped off after they  marched away. By the time they reached moss park ( the shot I took from a roof top) much they were less than 200 I'd estimate. ::)

My wife is in college at Grant MacEwan taking her BA here in Edmonton.Thewww.ecawar.orghad set up a booth at her school about todays march.She brought home a flyer they where handing out.I want to upload it so you guys can read the damn thing ,but I don't know how to. I've scanned it just waiting to post it can anybody help.

Press the reply button at the bottom of each page.  Then click the "additional options" below the comment window.

Global National is reporting "thousands" of marchers tonight, complete with plenty of low-angle shots that hide how big the "crowds" actually are.

CTV said 500 in Toronto, which is a lot closer than the 800 CBC reported. I'm willing to up my estimate from 250 to 300 tops and that's being generous. Of course what do I know, I was there. ::)

Sounds like the rally was a bust pretty much everywhere. Sure wasn't anywhere's near the amount of people that showed their support in Ottawa in favour of the mission. That was good to see. Most Canadians are still on the good side then. :salute:

Gnplummer421 :cdn:

In a day with worse weather than hit either Ottawa or Toronto, last week 500 people showed up in Kemptville, a small town south of Ottawa, to honour the memory of Private Blake Williamson. He was kia on 14 October, the second fatal casualty - the other was Randy Payne - in the United Counties of Leeds-Grenville, plus at least one wia.

From CTV newsnet, they showed a pile of signs.  The majority that I saw said "Hands off Iran and North Korea".  WTF?  Oh, and naturally there was a Palestinian flag.  I don't get it, I really don't.

Back