• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Oct 06: Day of Protest Against the CF (& Canadian war crimes against an occupied people)

Thanks for the reminder there Edward. Copies being made now, I'm thinking a nice pink and or orange coloured paper will be pleasing to the eye >:D

Von G is correct, but we must remember that there is a minority in these groups that is decidedly of a violent turn.  We've seen the type:  mask wearing, petrol bomb tossing terrorist wannabes.  

As Edward hints at, the violent element within the "peace" groups would like nothing more than to have a confrontation with a group of soldiers or our supporters.  Let 'em do their thing, secure in your knowledge that they're able to do so because of your efforts and the efforts of our forebearers.

Danjanou said:
Thanks for the reminder there Edward. Copies being made now, I'm thinking a nice pink and or orange coloured paper will be pleasing to the eye >:D

Go with the Orange.  Humour the NDP'ers in the crowd.  They may not notice it as being counter to their cause, until they have read it, giving you ample time to find a comfortable place to observe their reactions.  ;D

Actually the Pink looks better. I'm also thinking at a distance it looks like the sort of flyer that they may hand out themselves  >:D

Teddy is right for anyone intend on attending this, no confrontation is the watchword. For my part I (and my telephoto lens) am there to observe, nothing more. No intention of getting involved in any potential fracas.

Hmmm maybe I should wear a blue hat. ;D

i wouldnt mind going to see what non-sense they are talking about, and to see what numpty celebrity shows up, but i have better things to do like a weekend ex with my unit.  i really dont see why people go to extremes. you dont see too many Pro war rallies. we(CF) do our job, take the flack from the press, groups like the peace alliance and so on and do we complain about it (with the exception of army.ca of course) but publicly, no. we honourably do our job and when its done its done. the peace alliance only sees what they want to see, and tries to assimilate as many people that they can for their cause. ive sort of calmed down a bit, so when i get riled up again, ill be back. cheers
Tyrus

Those of you watching the protests please provide a follow-up. If the media reports on it, it would be interesting to see if the stories match up with the reality.

Also, I love conspiracy theories. George W. Bush oil and the Nazis at the South Pole using flying saucers are my favorites.

North Star said:
Those of you watching the protests please provide a follow-up. If the media reports on it, it would be interesting to see if the stories match up with the reality.

I'd also be interested to know if the usual mixture of messages shows up.  This is another interesting aspect of these rallies that, again, tends to undermine their cause-du-jour; what starts as a peace rally at the front of the parade soons gives way to more and more unrelated messages--gay rights, the plight of the homeless, increased minimum wage, employment equity, global warming, species-at-risk, anti-GATT, etc., etc.  By the time the end of the assembly has passed by, you've seen something of every "socially conscious" cause displayed in one or another.  Talk about a "lack of unity of thought and purpose"....

Well they plan a protest across the street from me so perhaps I should print a few copies of the Ruxted Group editorial and hand them out.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Atlantic/061027/t102728.html
Guess nothing really came together  ;D

You know what I find hilarious about all this?

Read the thread title very carefully...

Perhaps those idiots are starting their daylight savings time early. The National Day of Protest is TOMORROW, Saturday 28th October, upon the 5th anniversary of the so-called "Invasion" of Afghanistan.

Numpties...every one of them.

http://ruxted.ca/index.php?/archives/26-Canadian-Peace-Alliance-and-Supporters-Mislead-Canada.html
Reproduced yet again under the fairdealings copyright provisions...

The Canadian Peace Alliance (CPA) ( http://www.acp-cpa.ca/en/ ) plans to hold a series of demonstrations on 28 Oct 06 as a “Call for Action.” The CPA has a right to express its views; it has no right to manufacture ‘facts’ to support them....blah blah blah...yadda yadda yadda

Mike_Baker said:
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Atlantic/061027/t102728.html
Guess nothing really came together  ;D
They still got their coverage.  I mean, come on!  THIS is news?  A non-event is news?  We've had announcements today on soldiers being decorated for valour in combat, and still the Birkenstock Brigade makes news, but real bonafide heroes don't.
(As of 2112 AST, nothing yet on CBC)

von Garvin said:
They still got their coverage.  I mean, come on!  THIS is news?  A non-event is news?  We've had announcements today on soldiers being decorated for valour in combat, and still the Birkenstock Brigade makes news, but real bonafide heroes don't.
(As of 2112 AST, nothing yet on CBC)
Garvinator...It's tomorrow...see below.

Seen.  I mean the anti-recruiting thing was for today (for some reason?)  I don't know.  Anyway, still, nothing on the cbc re: the announcement...

"Garvinator"...you MUST be at home and getting coached by 9er Minor ;)

;D

von Garvin said:
Seen.  I mean the anti-recruiting thing was for today (for some reason?)  I don't know.  Anyway, still, nothing on the cbc re: the announcement...

"Garvinator"...you MUST be at home and getting coached by 9er Minor ;)

;D

I am indeed at home for the weekend. He misses you!!  ;)

The Librarian said:
I am indeed at home for the weekend. He misses you!!  ;)
:rofl:  I'm sure he does!  Just tell him to get a paint brush out, he'll feel better

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

I need a shower. Just came home from the Halifax event. I don't know what they were expecting, but I would say it went over like a fart in church. At MOST 200 people, that includes the police that were in attendance. Oh yes, and some guy from the North End named Virgil, who plugged in his guitar and played a few songs to "Change the mood" of the gathering. One confused person was walking around with a "Hands off Venezuela " placard..?? I did not know we hand our hands on.

Half of those in attendance were the typical crowd, street folk with their doggies, they had a couple 5 gallon pails set up for rice and something else, to make pita pockets.  :-X CUPE rep something Mccracken  was there, missed his first name, could have been Phil, gave his speech on how organized labour is behind the peace movement. One comment stood out, he was getting rousing applause on all his talking points, save one.

"I am getting sick of seeing these support the troops bumper stickers!" resulted in a rousing round of applause. "We can support the troops without supporting the mission! I mean we all support the troops, right?" A little patter of applause followed that.

And with that report from the Halifax event, off to shower, and no, I did not mingle, stood up on the stairs having a Timmies and rolling my eyes with the police in attendance.

Back