• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force Forage Cap

I am not sure and would have to check CFP265 but I don't think the Air Force ranks below CWO are authorized to even wear the bugger.

Yeah, I know for a fact that's the policy on the AF forage cap.  Just as well... one less thing to pack/carry around on deployments.

I went through two of them when I was in the Navy... the white top turns yellowy-brown in no time.  I now use one as a spittoon (or want to anyway), and let my kids play with the other one.  I must remember to take it away from them before they get too attached to it and want to do something crazy like go join the Navy!

Duffman, if I ever see junior Duffman's in the Navy I will kick your a$$!!!    Unless they are using the Navy as a stepping stone for the AF, then its ok.

Duffman, i know for a fact you should be working right now !!!

CDN Aviator said:
Duffman, i know for a fact you should be working right now !!!

muahahha Duffman got caught :D hehehehe...

MedTech said:
muahahha Duffman got caught :D hehehehe...

Oh he was busted a while ago.....in fact i am looking at him from across the hall right now and hes still not doing anything  >:D

CDN Aviator said:
Oh he was busted a while ago.....in fact i am looking at him from across the hall right now and hes still not doing anything  >:D

LOL... ah... the bliss of some people :D you should send him a PM with the big words

I'M WATCHING

Oh he was busted a while ago.....in fact i am looking at him from across the hall right now and hes still not doing anything

lol    I was wondering why CDN Aviator's been staring at me all day... it was starting to make me uncomfortable...

And, just for the record, I made that post during my lunch hour!

Anyway... if we could all get back to the subject topic... 

You slackers at 407 squadron - get back to work.

Me?  I'm at home in pajama pants - it's a work day.

AF Forage caps are still on Logistik, they just aren't available using free points. They're $30 each.

Turbans are gone all together. I would think that someone could get one through CS/QM if necessary.

Look on the upside, at least we have Belgian berets now!

no we don't have "belgian" berets... we have belgian"ish" berets...

There is a difference.

geo said:
no we don't have "belgian" berets... we have belgian"ish" berets...

There is a difference.

Even the "Belgique" beret that was considered the best, "Codeba" is not a Belgian beret but is "Basque".

Avro_Arrow_1976 said:
An Air Force Major was wearing a Forge cap a few weeks ago at Trenton Air Base.

Interesting, when I was stationed in North Bay around 1996 or so the order came down from on-high that the air force forge cap was retired and that all Air Force personnel were to wear the wedge cap instead. I' don't know if the policy has been reversed or not but it was still in effect when I retired in 2005.

I ordered the forage cap with free points this summer, but I still don't have a cap badge on it yet.

Zach check some of the posts a few pages back, theres a link for the proper cap badge.

That being said, after finally examining my peaked cap in hopes of putting my cornflake on, I realize theres no slit as with a beret, as the seam runs right down the front. Just to confirm, I need to sew on one of those metal brackets like the one that holds the cornflake on my wedge, right? Thanks.

Think we need a :smashselfinforeheadwithpalm: emoticon. Thanks newbie.

benny88 said:
Think we need a :smashselfinforeheadwithpalm: emoticon. Thanks newbie.

Like this??
conf45.gif

no problem, 7 years in the navy taught me that little one, I did the same bloody thing when I first got my peak cap

AEC Kapp said:
AF Forage caps are still on Logistik, they just aren't available using free points. They're $30 each.

Turbans are gone all together. I would think that someone could get one through CS/QM if necessary.

Look on the upside, at least we have Belgian berets now!

Actually you can still order them with points, or at least you could earlier in the year. I ordered one around Aug/Sep 2007 and used only points.

I can't remember the actual point-cost but it wasn't much. Around 30 I think.

EDIT: Woops, I meant the peak cap not the forage cap. Note to self, read the entire post next time rather than skimming.

Benny do you look bad boy with yours? HAHA.

Back