• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Alberta Election (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaKingTacco said:
That's funny. The website says the Alberta NDP  (not the wild rose party) have 35.1 percent and are on track to win the election.

There is every chance the PCs and Wildrose could split the vote and  actually let the NDP come up middle. Interesting times.

Wouldn't that be something - the NDP ruling in Alberta of all places.

SeaKingTacco said:
That's funny. The website says the Alberta NDP  (not the wild rose party) have 35.1 percent and are on track to win the election.

There is every chance the PCs and Wildrose could split the vote and  actually let the NDP come up middle. Interesting times.

One out of 3 recent polls has the NDP ahead at 38 %.  The rest have Wildrose ahead but reduced in strength.  The 38 % poll is sponsored the Edmonton Journal and in my mind they are the Edmonton version of the Red Star.

Wow - 2 more polls confirmed the NDP lead.

http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/canada.html

The night of the election Prentice better talk to Jean and arrange a King/Byng where he stays in power despite losing the election.  All we need is cheap oil AND the Commies in power.  Maybe I'll move to Newfoundland.

But it does not factor in local candidates and Eric Grenier takes polling data from the whole province and then extrapolates. So if polls say outside of Edmonton and Calgary the NDP support has doubled in the last 3 years then it will take previous election data and double it... In the riding break down, the NDP lead is less convincing

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LCRTo5GHefM/VUIzb4DYRfI/AAAAAAAAWC0/YwFbljJ4OPE/s1600/Riding%2BProjections.png

Cheers
Larry

David Akin posted the final polling results on his the internet:

11206489_1135256629834012_5134714568010468835_o.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/davidakin/photos/a.217367354956282.69773.217317161627968/1135256629834012/?type=1&theater

We'll see the voters' poll results in a few hours.

My uncle was the incumbent Social Credit member for MacLeod in the election that swept them out of power and the Lougheed gang in.  I think that this will be Waterloo for the PC party.  I am surprised to see the NDP as a real and potential threat in the province as it's been such a long since something like the Social Credit was in vogue.  Tomorrow will be interesting to wake up to and see what's become of the place.

From 2013:
From - ThreeHundredEight.com
Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Polling industry dealt major blow in B.C. election

Last night was a very bad one for Adrian Dix and the New Democrats, who expected victory as much as the pollsters did. And with good reason: a stabilizing, maybe even growing, lead over the B.C. Liberals with hours to go before the polls opened. Instead, British Columbians collectively woke up and changed their minds and swung about 13 points towards Christy Clark. Or, more likely, something disastrously wrong occurred in the polling industry..............

Remainder at link - http://www.threehundredeight.com/2013/05/polling-industry-dealt-major-blow-in-bc.html

Personally, I'll wait till the actual election results are in to see who polls the highest ;)

Quick question:

Couldn't really find much while working today. I Have to cast my ballot during my transition between jobs, is there a CAF policy stating mbrs cannot report to their polling station and cast a ballot while in uniform?

Thanks

RedcapCrusader said:
Quick question:

Couldn't really find much while working today. I Have to cast my ballot during my transition between jobs, is there a CAF policy stating mbrs cannot report to their polling station and cast a ballot while in uniform?

Thanks

Many, if not most of the votes I cast over the past 55 years were done while wearing my uniform. As recceguy says, don't sweat the small stuff, just go and vote!

E.R. Campbell said:
Many, if not most of the votes I cast over the past 55 years were done while wearing my uniform. As recceguy says, don't sweat the small stuff, just go and vote!

Good to know. I just wasn't sure if it was going to be an issue, I had no other choice considering my time constraints.
Thank you, though.

I have lived in an NDP Ontario, BC, and Manitoba.

Welcome to a world of pain, Alberta.

SeaKingTacco said:

If oil recovers, they can be as fiscally irresponsible as the Alberta PC party was.

SeaKingTacco said:

Amen.

You should get busy buying up commercial property out there by the airport in Sidney... I'm guessing that there will be a big influx of Corporate HQs in a few weeks.  ;D

They've basically taken the cities. An important lesson for the National vote. According to CMHC data, roughly 78% of Canadians over 55 years of age live in urban centers.

Yup, and city folk votes are always worth twice what a country mouse's vote is worth.  We're boned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back