• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things CF98 (merged)

In Pet?  Did you get joining instructions?  I got mine over a week ago.

Heh, no not in Pet. In Halifax. Still good timing, for a moment there the suspense was palpable!

Hey, looking for some help. Long story short. I was injured just over a year ago had a CF-98 done. Anyway was looking throw my records and its not there! So how can I go about getting a replacement copy?

I take it you did not keep one for yourself at the time ?

Did you look in your medical records or Pers File - it's not a medical document, so it ends up on your Pers File. 

MM

Ask your Sgt to accompany you to see your orderly room. Have a look inside your per's file; it should be there.

If not, check with your UGSO (or BGSO).  They're supposed to get copies too.

PMedMoe said:
If not, check with your UGSO (or BGSO).  They're supposed to get copies too.

I had no idea they did.  You learn something new everyday!!

Eye In The Sky said:
I had no idea they did.  You learn something new everyday!!

*Puts on the SME hat*

Actually, it's worth a look, but that's a unit to unit thing. UGSO's are usually double hatted with the CF98 part, but it's not technically their duty unless so assigned. Their only active part on it is reviewing it in committee with the rest of the committee and signing on the new DND663 which accompanies it. Still it's worth a try, I know I try to keep copies of all our CF98s in my files as others can go...missing...

NSDreamer said:
*Puts on the SME hat*

Actually, it's worth a look, but that's a unit to unit thing. UGSO's are usually double hatted with the CF98 part, but it's not technically their duty unless so assigned. Their only active part on it is reviewing it in committee with the rest of the committee and signing on the new DND663 which accompanies it. Still it's worth a try, I know I try to keep copies of all our CF98s in my files as others can go...missing...

I used to send all mine to the BGSO.  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
"new" ??

I first had to fill one out 10 years ago !!

They came out with a new form of the 663. The old one required signatures at about 6 levels right up to the CO. The new one only requires the HOIC investigator, a committee rep and the UGSO.

dogger1936 said:
Ask your Sgt to accompany you to see your orderly room. Have a look inside your per's file; it should be there.

Was going to ignore that but just have to ask - why ask the Sgt to go???  Just go on your own and tell the clerk you want to review your file.  They can sit with you while you look through it.

CountDC said:
Was going to ignore that but just have to ask - why ask the Sgt to go???  Just go on your own and tell the clerk you want to review your file.  They can sit with you while you look through it.

Not in any unit I was ever in, I was the last person allowed to see my pers file, I needed a Sgt minimum to have it pulled from the big filing cabinet.

Kat Stevens said:
Not in any unit I was ever in, I was the last person allowed to see my pers file, I needed a Sgt minimum to have it pulled from the big filing cabinet.

What he said

If a CF98 is missing, begin drafting a new one immediately.  Indicate on it that it is to replace one that was misplaced.

I have seen CF98s drafted months after the fact (thank you, summer training centres that didn't want to do the work); but make sure it is done.

Kat Stevens said:

DAOD 1002-2 is the reference that allows any individual to see their pers file informally...and,

A-PM-245 Chap 9 Annex B also states the following in doing up record holding SOP's:

29. Privacy Act Access. IAW the Privacy Act, and DAOD 1002-2, Informal Requests for Personal Information, a member may be afforded the opportunity to review his/her personal information records under the supervision of URS personnel, and at the convenience of the URS. Instructions should be provided as to what the clerk should do to prepare the applicable file for member’s viewing. For example, ensuring that any third party information is temporarily removed – and how.

Aerobicrunner said:
DAOD 1002-2 is the reference that allows any individual to see their pers file informally...and,

A-PM-245 Chap 9 Annex B also states the following in doing up record holding SOP's:

29. Privacy Act Access. IAW the Privacy Act, and DAOD 1002-2, Informal Requests for Personal Information, a member may be afforded the opportunity to review his/her personal information records under the supervision of URS personnel, and at the convenience of the URS. Instructions should be provided as to what the clerk should do to prepare the applicable file for member’s viewing. For example, ensuring that any third party information is temporarily removed – and how.

Very nice, but the reality for a soldier in a combat arms unit in the reg force is that if the Adj says "nobody below the rank of Sgt goes near the OR unless called there", then nobody below the rank of Sgt goes there unless called.  I'm telling you I had to have my  sect commander ask for my pers file, then sit there while i went over it, then have him return it.  I was 23 years reg force, I'm not making this up.

Back