• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allowances - Post Living Differential (PLD) [MERGED]

Didn't Ceremonial Guard get in a lot of trouble one year for making one of these?

I think that's the Cpl 4 Life meme maker, who as far as I know had been able maintain their anonymity... Much to the shigrin of the CAF I suspect.

You're saving the state $30million comrade.
We have been continually overspending by $30m. I shake my fist at TB as much as everyone else, but this is them telling us to stop overspending and stay within budget.

We have been continually overspending by $30m. I shake my fist at TB as much as everyone else, but this is them telling us to stop overspending and stay within budget.
It's TB/GoC not being flexible, because the CAF is not a priority.

So when this hurts retention/recruitment they will be surprised Pikachu, and blame the CAF for not advising them that cutting a benefit was a bad idea.

So when this hurts retention/recruitment they will be surprised Pikachu, and blame the CAF for not advising them that cutting a benefit was a bad idea.
As an aside I really like how 'surprised Pikachu' has entered the general lexicon as an expression.

Have people started getting pay statements? Mine is still AWOL for July.

To be fair to TBS (I am shocked that I am coming to their defence), the CAF mishandled the PLD file for over a decade because no one wanted to upset the apple cart and change the rates annually.

Troops who needed help weren't getting it, troops who didn't need help were banking on it lasting forever, and we were going in the Red annually pretending that it wasn't going to come to a head eventually.

TBS stepped in and forced the CAF's hand to do something it should have done in 2010: amend the way it paid out the fixed budget.

Should that be a higher budget? Yes. That's not the case though. What would make better sense if for DND to build more infrastructure to support its personnel in these high cost areas and do away with the "fair market value" bullshit CFHA prides itself on.

Until then, I'm glad some of troops can stop living in their cars (actual thing happening in Kingston) or hot bedding in a one bedroom in Ottawa.

Back