• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

applying for canadian ROTP in a foreign country?

Tuna

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello Army.ca,
I am wondering what the most simple process for applying for ROTP is. Norally i would go to a recruiting ofice and sign up, but I live abroad (Panama), so what would b the easiest way to apply? online? via the embassy? if i accept a job, will the government pay for my airfare back? or would it just be bette to cough up the money for airfare and do it in Canada? either way, if i apply online can i wait until  get a job offer before flying out?
Thanks  :salute:

Tuna said:
Hello Army.ca,
I am wondering what the most simple process for applying for ROTP is. Norally i would go to a recruiting ofice and sign up, but I live abroad (Panama), so what would b the easiest way to apply? online? via the embassy? if i accept a job, will the government pay for my airfare back? or would it just be bette to cough up the money for airfare and do it in Canada? either way, if i apply online can i wait until  get a job offer before flying out?
Thanks  :salute:

It’s hard to tell from your original post. To start, do you meet the basic entry requirements?

To be eligible to apply to the Canadian Forces, you must meet the following three minimum requirements:
1. Be a Canadian Citizen

2. Be 17 years of age (with parental or guardian consent) or older, except:
• Regular Officer Training Plan – Junior applicants, who must be 16 years of age or older

3. Meet the minimum education requirements for your desired military occupation:
• Grade 10 or Secondaire IV in Quebec, and additional educational prerequisites as specified by the occupation

Pulled from http://www.forces.ca/en/page/doyouqualify-105

The recruiting group has an online web chat in both official languages that you may wish to try; they can provide you with up-to-date information.

it helped when it was around however it is no longer up and i have been waitng fr quite awhile for an e-mail response, thank you though  :salute:

Applications from Canadian Citizens for ROTP have been accepted in the past.  Most people downloaded the forms, and sent the completed forms to a CFRC that was relatively easy to access. 

The applicant was responsible for getting to Canada, and was reimbursed for travel costs within Canada. 

You should apply early, as there are likely to be delays and complications.

"Most people downloaded the forms, and sent the completed forms to a CFRC that was relatively easy to access"
will the staff member there sign the forms? it has staff member signiture on there. Also, i do not have a home adress, s can i send it via general delivery? how will they get back to me? can I end it to areserve unit in calgary (where much of my family is) and still apply for full time ROTP? thanks!  :tank:

Back