• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

George Wallace said:
Is HoM back?

Not yet, but I spoke with him while he was on the comp a bit.

I believe his words were "So you guys set up a meet while I'm still here... Asshats"

;D

I'm gonna be at the Heart and Crown with a small crowd tonight from about 2030 onwards for a while, if this should happen to turn into a pub crawl- it's right down the street from H&C, so should anyone make their way into H&C at some point, I'll be there. Rice would recognize me.

Sorry I can't make it to Pattys- other plans were already made and would be a pain in the ass to shift at this point...

Have fun.

If it should, it'd be interesting, but unfortunately for one or two, the H&C is plus-21  ;)

Sig_Des said:
If it should, it'd be interesting, but unfortunately for one or two, the H&C is plus-21  ;)

Dammit... I've heard that before too, though I've always heard it's after 9 PM.

If my crowd happens to be there and they kick us out for age, Patty's is our backuo anyway. I figure if we're already sitting down at 8:30 or so and we're buying stuff and not rowdy, we should be alright.

Let it be undertaken by all that Rice will not be involved in the planning of another meet and greet.

All in favour

Poppa said:
Let it be undertaken by all that Rice will not be involved in the planning of another meet and greet.

All in favour

Aye

Opposed??  Nobody?  Okay, motion carried.  ;D

Well, my (small) crowd managed to end up there anyway. The H&C was packed. Babs is gonna make a lousy Cameron if she pulls no-shows like that- but at least there were 4 other Camerons (and an aspirant) there to drink in her stead.

So did Rice do something amusingly stupid after we went our separate ways?

Seriously Babs...I seem to remember something along the lines of:

Babs087 said:
bring a few extra....ill still drink you under the table >:D :P

Either way, it was good to see some familiar faces and put some new ones to names.

I don't think Rice did anything stupid, just got ribbed a bit, and looked a little rough this morning. Although he did get pulled upstairs with a couple girls at one point. I'm thinking there may be some pictures of that  ;)

I also think we should undertake to teach Rice some bar etiquette. IE, when you buy someone a shot (especially if it's something as horrid as a prairie fire) you should have the good sense to get yourself one as well, so that said recipient of disgusting shot is not the only one making faces!

Sig_Des said:
I also think we should undertake to teach Rice some bar etiquette. IE, when you buy someone a shot (especially if it's something as horrid as a prairie fire) you should have the good sense to get yourself one as well, so that said recipient of disgusting shot is not the only one making faces!

Gawd,
I do not if it is you support trade types or youth and inexperience BUT come out to Cowtown where shots are bought by the table full. Heaven help the bar that does not have a wide selection of product. A bunch of us for the most part ex infantry/airborne/int types have being getting together once a month or so(therapy). We have two establishments here now that have heeded our displeasure at their limited selection, stock has increased and waitresses fight over the right of serving us. Their apologies for having a limited stock comes in the form of a free round for several rounds paid for. Several hints here folks.

Sig_Des said:
I don't think Rice did anything stupid, just got ribbed a bit, and looked a little rough this morning. Although he did get pulled upstairs with a couple girls at one point. I'm thinking there may be some pictures of that  ;)

They were both Camerons. And no, they didn't get pics. Our regiment is too smart for self-incrimination.

Whoa......hold up..... Rice with Girls?!?!  (haha just jokin rice  :P)
Of all the times to be sick  >:(

3rd Herd said:
I do not if it is you support trade types or youth and inexperience BUT come out to Cowtown where shots are bought by the table full. Heaven help the bar that does not have a wide selection of product.

Oh don't get me wrong, tablefull of shots would be the utmost in bar etiquette, but Rice is a struggling student after all  ;D

Let's pretend I wasn't a "struggling student". Alright, now let's pretend I bought *everyone* a round. Horray for me.

Thanks for coming out to all of those who did :) I have a few pics, but I don't think they're post-worthy (ie: us on the bus? kind of boring). We'll see.
I hearby appoint Poppa the next Ottawa M&G organizer, as a sign of goodwill in my resignation disgraceful impeachment... :P

Rice0031 said:
Let's pretend I wasn't a "struggling student". Alright, now let's pretend I bought *everyone* a round. Horray for me.

Thanks for coming out to all of those who did :) I have a few pics, but I don't think they're post-worthy (ie: us on the bus? kind of boring). We'll see.
I hearby appoint Poppa the next Ottawa M&G organizer, as a sign of goodwill in my resignation disgraceful impeachment... :P

You can't be disgracefully impeached yet. No hook, no problem remember? You're just too keen for your own good.

OK, so here's the deal...Pea's being kind enough to host me in her town for a greet on the 16th of the month, and she's decided to take it further.

On March 24th, in our Nation's capital, there will be a convergence on this location.

Yes, Pea will be here! As will Muffin, Kendrick, among numerous locals. SO, come one, come all, let's meet, greet, and imbibe ourselves in vast quantities of alcohol!

Actual location will be figured in the coming weeks, though I'm looking at Darcy McGee's downtown, or possibly another locale.

Who's up for a night on the town?

Back