• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

As long as no one mind a former sig now CIC wog about I will try and move some things in my schedule.

Geeze sounds like I'd better start training my liver now so I don't die when I get there haha

muffin said:
Geeze sounds like I'd better start training my liver now so I don't die when I get there haha

hahaha. I have the meet the Friday before in Edmonton to train with!  :blotto:

Pea said:
hahaha. I have the meet the Friday before in Edmonton to train with!  :blotto:

That training will be hard...and it will be furious...but in the end, you will benefit!

I would love to be there just to see the "melting of the minds"....

no, that's no typo!  I would love to see it when people first meet, and then drink, and then go from "Oh, it's so great to put a face to the name" to "then I says to him.......*hic*.......Buddy, you want this, you got it....*hic*....and BAM, I threw the senate at him!"

Unfortunately (for me, anyway), Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God Queen, has other plans for yours truly for that weekend.

Sloaner said:
As long as no one mind a former sig now CIC wog about I will try and move some things in my schedule.

More'n welcome.

Ok Folks so I wont be there Saturday....A good good friend is throwing his life away in marriage (RCRGruntsgirl I kid :D ) BUT!!!!!! Friday I will be there Someone has to pick up Pea at the airport, And I hear tell of an excursiion to The War Museum on the Sunday and I will be there that day too, So then, around the friday we can do a supper thing I am sure (Des work your co ord magic) and Sunday I will be happy to accompany any all going to the museum and I assume Lupper ( thats like brunch only not people sheeeesh)

Chimo buddy I am hoping one of those days you'll be around if not I'll see you in Pet.

PS: Everyone thank HitorMrs for sharing me  ;)

Sig_Des said:
That training will be hard...and it will be furious...but in the end, you will benefit!

Hmmm hard and furious... must not... comment.....

And yes - HitorMrs - thank you for sharing HitorMiss so soon after his return :)

HitorMiss said:
So then, around the friday we can do a supper thing I am sure (Des work your co ord magic) and Sunday I will be happy to accompany any all going to the museum and I assume Lupper ( thats like brunch only not people sheeeesh)

Sounds like a plan. Tentatively:

Friday Afternoon:

-Pick up of Pea at Airport.

-Dinner at location TBD. In attendance:

-Pea
  -HitorMiss
  -Myself

Saturday the 24th:

-Some touristy stuff in Ottawa (Parliament Hill, Museums where Pea may be interested, walkabout in the city)
-Meet and Greet at Darcy McGee's and any subsequent establishment. In attendance:

-Any who show

Sunday the 25th:

-Canadian War Museum
-Lupper at loc TBD

hey don't forget pick up Muffin at Les Suites! Sat approx 1300ish

I want to go check out that exhibit about Afstan. Sunday you say, eh? Sounds like recovery day to me. I will ponder it.
Have fun at the wedding, though  8)

In all Honesty I'll be skipping that display but I am sure others will go see it.

May I suggest lupper at The Works on Richmond.  With 50 odd burger choices it's bound to cover anyone's taste and dietary needs... plus it's close to the museum, relatively affordable and fun. 

As for dinner on Friday, try Zuni's on Greenbank.. yummy food...good atmosphere and diners can actually hear themselves talk. 

Is anyone from Pet driving there? I have a car that i almost sure can make it I dont want to chance it though. Any one from Pet that has seen the car with the Oilers flag on it well thats me!!! So If i can arrange something with someone from here that would be awesome.

I have a feeling that the old black rum might get a hold of me that night.....Shut up liver or i will drown you again....

Hm, I may be in town that weekend, so I'll put myself down for a tentative 'yes'.

Ok, everything here is still on, except, I have to bow out for the 23rd, as I'll still be in Edmonton, and flying in to Ottawa the afternoon of the 24th.

As stated, there's still arrangements for a place to crash for you guys.

Ok people, now that that's back on, Let's hash out some details. We have a really good potential turn out, though more would be great!

I'm saying Darcy McGee's, for Saturday the 24th, 7:30-8:00 and on.

I get enough of a response here, and I will call to book a section, the one with the windows facing the War Memorial.

If you are planning on coming out, either post here, or feel free to PM me!

Back