• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Reserve Recognition Day

I agree with PrairieThunder,

Nowhere else in the country have I ever had more people come up and say "Thank you", shake hands, buy a timmies coffee, or just come up for some friendly small-talk than in Alberta.

On more than one occasion I have had parents bring their kids up and say "He wants to be just like you when he gets older".  (While I always smile and thank them back, I shudder if that kid turns out to be anything like me!  For his sake, I hope he isn't!)

Love this country through & through, love the people you find in all parts of it.  Alberta truly is an awesome province in terms of this kind of stuff though.

Hadn't seen this thread before.....

I thought the thread was called "Army Reserve REORGANIZATION Day"

I felt a momentary flutter of hope..... Oh well

I didn't realize reservists needed recognizing. If there isn't one already couldn't we just have an CF recognition day and the reserves would just come under that umbrella?

X_para76 said:
I didn't realize reservists needed recognizing.

That is a whole other touchy subject with a separate thread, but in general a lot of people think that the reserves need to be restructured and some units amalgamated. When you have some cities with two or more units parading less than Coy size each but having a full BN HQ makes you wonder.

dangerboy said:
That is a whole other touchy subject with a separate thread, but in general a lot of people think that the reserves need to be restructured and some units amalgamated. When you have some cities with two or more units parading less than Coy size each but having a full BN HQ makes you wonder.

Doesn't make me wonder at all. I couldn't agree with you more that they do need restructuring. In a single reserve Brigade you'll have something like a dozen Lt. Colonels each commanding at best a full company. Just a total waste of money.

Back