• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BASIC MILITARY OFFICER QUALIFICATION BMOQ Jan 2011

I did Math, so I did not get to work on my written skills that much.  :blotto:
That's why I took some philosophy courses to work on that, but they are probably not as strict as other humanities. I could be wrong though!

How about you?
I assume I'm flying from Toronto, seeing as I'm from Niagara.  I'll get my travel arrangements on the 7th.

Did I make a typo somewhere?
I thought my spell checking was on
I think he was still referring to my typing of whether.  Your post is ok.

Get used to it troops because you'll be hearing all about it in your career, if and when you are accepted. I foresee a great amount of red ink on your paperwork when you submit it to your BC just from what I've read in this thread alone.
I'm usually a decent speller actually, I guess it's just easy to get lazy on the web. 

Actually I was speaking in general terms about this thread.

I could care less about your degree.

The Army.ca Staff

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Actually I was speaking in general terms about this thread.

I could care less about your degree.

The Army.ca Staff

Fair enough.

alejo said:
So the only other option is the bus, unless I can get a ride from someone. How about you?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the CF provides the transportation for everything, as long as it's duty related. Since you are going to BMOQ (read: training), they should have provided a bus/plane/train ticket for you.

That being said, if you have the option to drive, DRIVE! If you don't have a car, convice someone else on course to bring theirs, and become their friend! I know it's a little far from Niagara (I'm from southern Ontario as well), but having your car to be able to drive into Montreal (or wherever) on weekends (once you aren't CB'd) makes a huge difference. My car was the best piece of personal kit I brought to basic.

Hello Guys

Its been a month I havent logged on this website. I started my BMOQ on Jan 17th 2011. We just returned from War Museum Ottawa marking end of indoctrination.

Few tips: Keep your mouth shut. OPen only to eat or when asked. Push ups guys. DO as many pushups and squats. Run like crazy. The more you are in shape the better basic is. We are having 3.2 KM ruck sack march on Monday and then start 2 weeks of weapons training along with drill test to get the cap badge.

Hey guys when I entered CFLRS I looked like a street idiot and now I am sharp. Many have done this and we are 600 people doing it right now. Anyone can do it just be in shape and play safe.

Wont be able to check replies. Ask me and  I will answer to my best abilities

- K

guysletsdoit said:
Few tips: Keep your mouth shut. Open only to eat or when asked. Push ups guys. DO as many pushups and squats. Run like crazy. The more you are in shape the better basic is. We are having 3.2 KM ruck sack march on Monday and then start 2 weeks of weapons training along with drill test to get the cap badge.

Wont be able to check replies. Ask me and  I will answer to my best abilities

- K
Hi ,
Thanks for tips.Especially about fitness.
What about average age? Are there people over 35 ?
Which %?
I am not young too. :)

sky777 said:
Hi ,
Thanks for tips.Especially about fitness.
What about average age? Are there people over 35 ?
Which %?
I am not young too. :)

Our platoon average age is 32. So yeah there are lots of people over 35. I am 27 and I am one of the younger ones strangely enough. However, I think that this is something very unique to our platoon from what I see in the other ones.

Our platoon average is 32 yrs. The training is pretty demanding and the major thing is just listen to details. They dont expect you to be soldiers off the bet but they groom you to be and the major thing is details. If you get your head out of the ass then you can be excellent and do that from day 1. I regret that I could not get in motion until 2 weeks but now I am above the average of the platoon. The staff can be jerks at times but they dont give you personally.

A few funny things with our platoon is that we could not get together as team and guess what we were moved from our personal rooms to cubicles and given only 1 hr to pack and unpack. Our platoon is famous all over CFLRS and we get shit from everyone but a week and Farnham changed us and we are now a good platoon. Remember its a mind game to fuck you up but if you play with the staff they will like you otherwise you will be a shit show. I hope I am cut and dry and clear as mud HAHA

There is rumour around here that the NCM training is now 10 weeks and Officer is 11 weeks that means no more field training. This starts in April not sure if this is rumour but there is a thick talk around this. Will find out pretty soon. Got to go to Farnham tomorrow for couple days then we start drill test and Major's inspection and CF Express. Please traini and train hard so that you dont injured. I am sure you will not enjoy the trailer stay at CFLRS if you are injured.

Thanks  lguysetsdoit   and  alejo  for your information and stories.I believe a lot of people appreciated your advices and information.
About fitness is really clear- "train and train hard ".

May be more about relationship between  the staff and  recruits. How to survive there?
In my mind moovie like "Full Metall Jacket"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Nf1MK7lts

Staff won't try to choke you in the CF....

PuckChaser said:
Staff won't try to choke you in the CF....
Why not?
;)
We can learn how to survive....
"what doesn't kill us makes us stronger"

guysletsdoit said:
There is rumour around here that the NCM training is now 10 weeks and Officer is 11 weeks that means no more field training. This starts in April not sure if this is rumour but there is a thick talk around this. Will find out pretty soon. Got to go to Farnham tomorrow for couple days then we start drill test and Major's inspection and CF Express. Please traini and train hard so that you dont injured. I am sure you will not enjoy the trailer stay at CFLRS if you are injured.

At the moment I have been scheduled for a 15 week BMOQ starting in May. So for now 11 weeks is but a rumor. Maybe something will change at the last minute.

My  :2c:

mathabos said:
At the moment I have been scheduled for a 15 week BMOQ starting in May. So for now 11 weeks is but a rumor. Maybe something will change at the last minute.

My  :2c:

The schedule we have posted on the wall (the internal schedule which is constantly changing) still shows a 15 week BMOQ.  Don't get your hopes up for a shorter course just yet!

Just wondering how BMOQ is going as it is winding down to the end? Glad to be almost done?

Dou You said:
Just wondering how BMOQ is going as it is winding down to the end? Glad to be almost done?

I am very happy to be almost done. It has been a great experience overall. It was obviously hard, but if you put the effort and drive into it, there is no reason for anybody to not make it through the course.

Pre-VIMY and VIMY were definitely the hardest part of the course, but staying focused and not giving up will make you go through it.

I'll be going to Halifax next, but I will never forget the time at St-Jean.

See you in Halifax alejo, I take it you'll be grouping up with the boys rolling out for CAP?
Also, regarding instructors wanting to kill "young little cute Officer Cadets", could not be more true  ;D. I remember one specific Warrant tearing me a new one every time she spotted me. In the words of a great anonymous MWO at CFLRS
" You think I know nothing.... I know **** all!!!".

Back