• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
Lexi said:
CALL TO ALL TIMMIE'S FANS!
TIM HORTONS NOW HAS A NEW CINNAMON ROLL.
AVAILABLE IN FROSTED OR GLAZED JUST 99 CENTS!

(They're REALLY REALLY good.   ;D)

I saw those today in the Timmy's on base here, they looked good!  Maybe I'll try one tomorrow.

Question, maybe a Timmies insider knows...

Tea in Ontario is one price.  XL or sml its all the same...

Tea in New Brunswick is priced similar to coffee, different costs for different sizes.

Why?

Now when they introduced that horrible steeped tea in NB that was priced according to size and bag teas all cost the same.  Dont know when they started charging for hot water but now you are not apparently paying for the tea but but for the hot water as bag teas are on the same price as steeped tea.

Casing said:
All I can say is I get very annoyed when I go to a Timmies and they don't have debit!   Seems way too common, although the various Timmies seem to be getting with the program a little more.

All this Timmie talk... now I'm going to go over to the Krispy Kreme that opened here a few months ago and give that a try.   I'm sure I'll be underwhelmed.

And whoever mentioned the French Vanilla from Timmies, you are dead on.   That thick liquid is so tasty!

Tim's has a company policy aaginst Interac - it's too slow and they don't accept it for that reason.  It's also expensive for a business with such small average purchases.  Paying $0.10-0.16 per transaction is a big bite out of their margin on a $1.50 order.

I'm interested to know if the stores in downtown Toronto take Dexit - it's another debit-type system that just works with a key fob, no PIN or anything like that...  A lot of merchants accept it there, it just hasn't caught on in wide scale yet though.

There are Tim's in the lower mainland of British Columbia that accept debit so it can't be company wide.  I know for sure the Abbotsford Tim's off the highway had it a few years back.

I just like my double,double and a jewish doughnut with cream cheece. ;)

AmmoTech90 said:
Question, maybe a Timmies insider knows...

Tea in Ontario is one price.   XL or sml its all the same...

Tea in New Brunswick is priced similar to coffee, different costs for different sizes.

Why?

Now when they introduced that horrible steeped tea in NB that was priced according to size and bag teas all cost the same.   Dont know when they started charging for hot water but now you are not apparently paying for the tea but but for the hot water as bag teas are on the same price as steeped tea.

WOW!  That's funny because my friend and I were just discussing that today when we were in the Timmy's.  All they seem to be charging for is the extra water.  Might aswell just ask for a large cup of hot water and see what they charge you, and bring your own tea bag from home.

Timmie's has the best mocha's and they have the best english toffee caps ever! And your rit3, it does hurt canadas industry, but it doesnt make that big of a dent. There are things in this world that hurt candas industry even more.

brin11 said:
There are Tim's in the lower mainland of British Columbia that accept debit so it can't be company wide.   I know for sure the Abbotsford Tim's off the highway had it a few years back.

I know there were several that did have Interac in the past, but they are (so I am told, anyhow!) all gone, across the board.  None of the ones here have it any more, though I know of at least two that did in the last few years.

In Saskatoon, every Tim's I tried accepts Debit.  They don't accept Visa, for obvious reasons (the higher surcharge), but I've never even been given a second look with Debit.  I've been to at least three or four different locations in the last couple weeks, and every one of them accepted it.

The ones in Edmonton on the UofA campus all accepted it when I graduated there (just over a year ago).  Maybe not the one in the Student Union Building, because there are several stores there that don't, but the one in the Central Academic Building I'm pretty sure did, and the one in the Engineering Building absolutely did. 

I haven't checked the ones here in Grande Prairie, but I know they did accept it recently.  During my stay here I'm bound to make a trip or two past it, but I'd honestly be surprised if they ripped the Interac machines out of there.

What the company should do is have a Coffee Card thing, where you can pre-buy a $50 or $100 amount, and every time you visit they just swipe it off the card (no pin or anything, so its basically just like cash).  Just like this Dexit thing (which I quite like the sounds of, I'd love to see it catch on everywhere), but have it available for use at every location in the country.

I like my large Double double with a Boston Cream or a Blueberry muffin, goes down really good and never backfires .... :D
as for the number of stores well drive through the big town of Midland Ont. there 12,000 people and I think my last count was 5 stores with drive throughs sprinkled across the community... also the small drive through store, the little ones with the drive throughs windows seem to becoming very popular too. The best Timmies I like is the one on Hwy 69 on the North side just north of Parry Sound. the person who has that licence must make a killing with the traffic going through there.

The first fast food chain to go into Inverness Count, Western Cape Breton Island was a Tim's. It is the only one that has survived (KFC and A&W both failed I believe) The place is always packed, the cancer closet is bigger than the non smoking section and they do not accept debit. I used to like watching tourists get flustered about that.

Timmies is not fast food!
It's a coffee shop!

Appologise & hang your head.

Perhaps I should have been more clear....mega giant, multimillion dollar worth conglomerate.........?

I am sorry.

Hey, if the Yanks can have fast food joints on their bases then why can't we have Timmy's? You know that'd be a franchise that just couldn't lose.

hoser said:
In Saskatoon, every Tim's I tried accepts Debit.   They don't accept Visa, for obvious reasons (the higher surcharge), but I've never even been given a second look with Debit.   I've been to at least three or four different locations in the last couple weeks, and every one of them accepted it.

The ones in Edmonton on the UofA campus all accepted it when I graduated there (just over a year ago).   Maybe not the one in the Student Union Building, because there are several stores there that don't, but the one in the Central Academic Building I'm pretty sure did, and the one in the Engineering Building absolutely did.  

I haven't checked the ones here in Grande Prairie, but I know they did accept it recently.   During my stay here I'm bound to make a trip or two past it, but I'd honestly be surprised if they ripped the Interac machines out of there.

What the company should do is have a Coffee Card thing, where you can pre-buy a $50 or $100 amount, and every time you visit they just swipe it off the card (no pin or anything, so its basically just like cash).   Just like this Dexit thing (which I quite like the sounds of, I'd love to see it catch on everywhere), but have it available for use at every location in the country.

Ironically enough, on small purchases, Visa's discount rates would be much cheaper than Interac fees.  Interac charges a flat amount, Visa a percentage with a monthly minimum - at the very worse 4% or 5%, and they'd be able to negotiate it down quite a lot.  As long as the volume was high, Visa would probably be cheaper for them!  I like the prepaid card idea, that's sort of what the Dexit system is like.  I have such a card for Starbucks, except that the only Starbucks where I live (in Peterborough) doesn't take the damned things!

There's my mindless injection of civvie street knowledge into the matter.

Saw on the CNN ticker Krispy Kreme was making a drinkable donut.  How will Timmies react?

scott1nsh said:
Hey, if the Yanks can have fast food joints on their bases then why can't we have Timmy's? You know that'd be a franchise that just couldn't lose.

We have a Timmy's on base here at Stadacona in Halifax.  It's great, I get up in the morning, take a little strole down stairs from my room, and walk right into it.  :)

IT HAS OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOO LONG SINCE MY LAST VISIT TO STAD

Boy I am angry now. Where is the Tim's there? I'm assuming close to the Canex/Stand Easy?

Maybe it's time to go Navy.....

:eek: The calories!
:blotto: The sugar!!
:boring: The horror!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/21/news/midcaps/krispy_kreme/

scott1nsh said:
IT HAS OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOO LONG SINCE MY LAST VISIT TO STAD

Boy I am angry now. Where is the Tim's there? I'm assuming close to the Canex/Stand Easy?

Maybe it's time to go Navy.....

The Timmy's is in the S-37 building.  As soon as you come in the main gate, take a left and you can't miss it on your left side. :)

And yes...  GO Navy! ;D

Back