• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
*sigh* If only I lived in eastern Canada. Western Canada is the Timmie's domination land. There are something like 10 Tim's within a 10 minute drive of my house, including one near the airport and one AT the airport. I wonder where all the pilots go to get their caffene fix. ::)

There are 3 Timmys at my school, 2 Starbucks and a bunch of no-name coffee places. Yes, I do drink alot of coffee during the school year!

Tim's is the crack cocaine of coffee.

Europeans know how to do coffee.   Espresso for breakfast in Ortona got me hooked.

If I'm ever in the neighbourhood again, The Strand in Sanski Most (somewhere I have a 10 Fig grid) has the best Kafu I found in Bosnia.

Ciao,

M

damn, another reason to be jealous of Mac - with any luck i'll be doing my MA there, if only for the coffee :p

All the coffee served at Trent is Aramark coffee - except for the timmies we have in our library.
God I hate aramark. Though to be fair the coffee can be alright if you hit it at the right time, and they at least offer fair trade coffee...

mcnutt_p said:
Tim Hortons ;D

The only place I visit more the Canadian Tire

McNutt
You'd love the Canadian Tire in Northbay it has a TIm's in it.

Kiltmann said:
Following coffee joints get a 10 on the 'kilt scale for coffee':

5. 7-11 (add a cookie and a box of cereal).
4. Tim Hortons (with a Long John).
3. Seattle's best.
2. Starbucks.
1. Dunkin' Donuts! THE BEST coffee joint. Pity there are none in Canada. Just in the States.

Kiltmann/Nik.
Was a Dunkin Donuts in Orillia Ont. down town great breakfast at 2am coffee soso.

except for the timmies we have in our library

You have a timmies in your library?  Now I am the jealous one.  Last year the library staff said we can bring in coffee cups now.  However we still cannot have food.  Now what does more damage, coffee or some foods like carrot sticks? 

I really want some coffee right now *sigh*

my72jeep said:
You'd love the Canadian Tire in Northbay it has a TIm's in it.

The timmies in Canadian Tire is ok but I perfer the one across the street, service is alittle faster.

Kiltmann said:
*sigh* If only I lived in eastern Canada. Western Canada is the Timmie's domination land. There are something like 10 Tim's within a 10 minute drive of my house, including one near the airport and one AT the airport. I wonder where all the pilots go to get their caffene fix. ::)

When I visited Vancouver 2yrs ago & last week...Starbucks has taken over the city. There's even starbucks across the street from each other in the downtown core. Had to go way out of my way to even FIND a Timmies. One thing i couldn't stand when i was there....WAY too overpriced for me (but not that i drink coffee) for a bag of tea & some hot water.

Starbucks, all the way, PROVIDED that all you are buying is drip coffee, not all that other fancy garbage.  It's only about 10 cents more than TH, and way better coffee.  TH gets the edge though for having good eats.  Getting pricey though...

Hehehe...Kilo Mike likes his Starbucks...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1084908682911_80317882

Although being able to grab a cup of joe and blueberry muffin for less than $2.50 at that same time of day is a big plus for Timmy's. 

Im going to call the Tim Hortons main office monday, and see what they think about sending over some coffee machines.

I've said it before, coffee sucks, real men drink tea, however I digress.....no one has mentioned the only coffee my wife will go out of her way for, Country Style.

We're, technically, not supposed to bring food or drinks (including coffee) into the library, but everyone does it and I honestly can't think of any time where i've seen the library-folk make a fuss out of it.  Hell, they're usually drinking coffee behind the counter at their computers.  Though lately we've had a problem with people spilling drinks and leaving food by the computers.  So who knows, perhaps in the future they'll do something about it.  Though I can only hope they wait till next year when i'm gone... unless of course I do my MA there. 

Yeah, I need coffee as well.  I haven't had a cup in about three days and i'm starting to get one of my "must-need-coffee" headaches. 

Not that I am a coffee/tea drinker, but my GF is, and she likes this place called Shaydes on the Pummicestone Passage side of Bribie Island www.bribie.com.au (yes I live on this great island, and love it). They make a great Aussie burger at that. Nice and lean with a special sauce of some kind. All just a few metres from the waterfront.

Cheers,

Wes

Starbucks all the way, love the regular coffee but when I find i'm draggin' my @ss nothing perks me up quicker then a Venti triple espresso caramel Machiato. That stuff is golden for the 12 hour night shift!!

Back