• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
Any one on the East Coast remember Irving's, buy the mug refills for $.25 now that coffee kept you going, and going.

Rebel_RN said:
Starbucks all the way, love the regular coffee but when I find i'm draggin' my @ss nothing perks me up quicker then a Venti triple espresso caramel Machiato. That stuff is golden for the 12 hour night shift!!

Good god!

Three times the caffeine and two times the sugar that any man needs in one sitting.

Sounds good.  ;D

GF

Yep...take the cigarette out of your hand and replace it with a coffee mug.
Coffee the 21st centurys new additiction.

Typical day at a Vancouver Starbucks:

Vancouver yuppie in line in front of me: "I'll have a tall, half-sweet, no-foam, extra-smooth, de-caf, soy milk latte with a splash of hazelnut and a drizzle of organic,unsweetned caramel."

Me: "Do you people still serve coffee? Good...I'll have a medium coffee....no not a Vente coffee...a M-E-D-I-U-M coffee."

I swear people out here have turned coffee into a bloody art.  God forbid you don't call the coffee maker a "barista".  Give me a break!  Walk down Robson Street and you'll see what I mean...there's one intersection where there are 2 starbucks right across the street from eachother...disgusting...starbucks isn't even that good...

Well thats the left coast for ya I guess.  Everywhere else people go to pubs for a pint...in Vancouver everyone goes to the Starbucks for a soy milk latte.

Most major US cities are like with Starbucks on every corner, the idea, i suspect, is that people don't have to cross the street to feed their addiction.  It seems to make sense.

In Toronto there are apparently over 70 stores in the downtown core. 

and if you need help here us this... http://www.starbuckshawaii.com/en/latte_lingo.htm lol

I had PDF that starbucks used to publish which explained everything, i was using it for a linguistic anthropology class actually, but I can't see to find it... damn

If anyone here ever got to see how murderous I am in the morning without coffee, you would quickly agree that having a coffee shop corner to corner is not such a bad idea.  First, pre-coffee, I look like this  :rage:.  Then I get my coffee, and look like this  ;D.  After that the general public is safe.

That's because they are stoned.  In all fairness, I like a cup o' tea every now and then.  Coffee hits the gullet every day though.  Like right now (sip.... aaaahhhhhh).

I had my first cup of timmies since May yesterday.  It tasted so very very good.  Can't wait to go back to school where I drink coffee all the time!

The funny thing is, is that I used to HATE the taste of coffee.  Now I love it, perhaps I have finally grown up *sniff*.....or Its just the senior years of university eating me alive.

Sure I can understand the reasoning behind having a coffee shop on every corner.  Everyone needs their cup of joe.  Its just sad that for the most part they are all Starbucks (In Vancouver anyway).  Starbucks is like a virus or something, it just grows and grows.  I live in a fairly small town on the outskirts of Vancouver...in the last 3 years they have built 3 new Starbucks.  There are 5 Starbucks within a 1 kilometer radius of eachother...no joke.  Meanwhile, all the smaller, mom and pop and independent cafes have all gone TU because they've been muscled out by Starbucks.  Now that is what pisses me off.  And what I don't get is that Starbuck's coffee isn't even that good.

It reminds me of that Simpsons episode when Bart goes into a store in the mall and when he comes out of the shop 5 minutes later every other store in the mall has turned into a Starbucks.

ReadyAyeReady said:
It reminds me of that Simpsons episode when Bart goes into a store in the mall and when he comes out of the shop 5 minutes later every other store in the mall has turned into a Starbucks.

Storekeeper: Better hurry up kid.   In five minutes this place is turning into a Starbucks.

;D

In my military years of travel, from Newfouldland to Alberta, I have been to alot of Tim's.  For a time in Ontario I worked at Tim's and I think it was the best job I had.  You would see people come in and get !@#$ crazy if there was a certain doughnut not there.  One Sgt. Major even threatened to call the MP's since we ran out of boston cream.  I think he needed to seak help!!  I do miss the fact that where I live now I have to go 1.5 hours on a drive to get my large dd.  I also miss those oat cakes cause I haven't seen a Tim's have them since I left Nova Scotia.  Used to always get my lg dd and an oatcake.  To pass the time on posting drives across Canada, we try to go to a different Tim's everytime.  I think it's comfortable for people, especally us type who are living like the littlest hobo, to have a place to go in each city to find things that remind us of home, at least it's this way for my family. 

Ah Timmies!!  Nothing sends you to the can quicker than a large black and raisin bran muffin.  *OHHH it burns so*

Is Timothy's in any way connected to Tim Horton's? I was under the impression that Timothy's was the "high-end" version of Tim Horton's, as they're usually seen in more upscale settings such as downtown skyscrapers and such.

Does anybody else agree that Tim Hortons Should have a deal with the Military like have a mobile Tim Hortons Unit of something that visits the troops in the Field  ;D :salute:

Yeah, that, or one or two people can just accept the fact that a weekend, week, month or 6 month tour without candy, pop, donuts, XBox, TV, beer, and/or other luxuries never killed anybody...

Of all the things the military needs, "more donuts" is probably one I'd disagree with.

Have them make our box lunches.   Replace the dam strudels by a donut it would be a healthier choice.

Hmmm, I think I see some possibilities here.  Endorsements!  Serious cash flow.  A few racing stickers and we'll be well on the way to getting enough cash for much needed equipment / raises / offsets to PMQ rates.

The list goes on.

Mattel Toys stickers on our weapons.  Maybe a new line of perfumes and colognes. Eau de "Three-weeks-in-the-field".

Take Care!  :D

Back