• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot, General Purpose (Mk III acting/interim replacement)

RequiemVK

Inactive
Reaction score
They are a lot of talk lately at the job that we are getting new combat boot to replace the Mk III. Was on the range all the week so tomorrow gonan check about this. Supposely they coming out in 1 month to 1 year i heard so far.

Never mind the idle speculation. When 'Tease the Soldier' is ready to launch them, we'll all find out. I'm sure some of our resident bin rats would know about it before anyone else. Wait for it. In the meantime, we're not going to get everyone worked up by letting your little rumour spin out of control. If anyone has anything they can substantiate, PM a Mod.

Well apparently, there is some sort of email out there. We'll reopen this and see where it goes. Please only post if you know something official for sure. Don't speculate, wonder outloud or make suggestions.

As recceguy said.. there is an email.. I received it at my unit from the TQ.  I am not sure if I can recover it since I deleted it noting that I wear Magnums and it was unimportant to me, but I will try to get it again tomorrow.

It was basically two PDF files with tech specs and detailed photos of the new boots.  They look identical to the "Boot, Wet Weather" all the way down to the tread pattern (hopefully not the "slip and slide" tread material though!).  They are made of the same MkIII looking leather and have speed laces as the WWBs do. They also have the nice little comfy padded top.

Hope that helps shed some light!!

(I am in 5 Bde if anyone cares, woohoo Valcatraz!!)

Bzzliteyr said:
They look identical to the "Boot, Wet Weather" all the way down to the tread pattern.....

I'll never wear them......POS boot.

Good to hear it Bzz.....  'bout time.      ;)

Regards

I work in the same building as the Clothe the soldier project. They've handed out a few pairs to guys in the building to "assess".

Ugly as sin, but apparently they're comfy. I dunno though, I've been happy with my Rothco's.

Hmmm,

I'lll send off an e-mail tommorrow for the details from the Clothe The Soldier cell itself.

Tanks Vern....
I'll try to get you the tech sheet we had..

Why do they want to replace the Black Cadillac?  It's still my favourite boot.  Granted I'm not humping up and down the mountains in Afghanistan, but I have always found it to be a highly satisfactory piece of kit regardless of the weather, and still wear the MkIII instead of those black skates they issue us for cold & wet weather usage.

I have really flat feet and always need to get running shoes with extra stability, but using Spenco footbeds in my MkIIIs i've never had an problems and always found it to be comfortable enough in all conditions.

As mentionned before the lock of this thread, today at the job i got the email and the 2 pdf file. I tried to attach the 2 pdf file but i got a msg that my file are to big. Dont know if moderator have special right to allow bigger post, but if yes pm me and i will send you the file.

Okay, here we go.. I forwarded the email to my home.. I will start with a few quotes from it:

"Pour votre info, la botte MKIII 21-872-4291 est en processus de remplacement par la BUG (Botte à usage général) 20-001-9296."

"Cette botte va être introduite cet automne en remplacement de la MKIII de façon graduelle (à mesure que les stks au dépôt ne suffisent plus). En plus cette botte sera offerte avec 72 grandeurs différentes comme la botte WWB."

Yes. it's in French, time to put your years of high school to work.

The PDF files are in english however.

I cannot cut and paste due to the file being copyrighted, but in a nutshell they give the whole kit and kaboodle about the new boots.  along with handy pictures in the second PDF.  You can PM for a copy of it... I assume after being distributed by email to the whole regiment, it shold be safe to release to others, correct?

Maybe just a quick copy of one pic might be safe...
bootspn8.jpg

Bzz

So apparently the shitcanned the Cadpat/Green boots? Also wasnt the requirment for a non leather sided boots i.e. along the lines of magnums, jb's etc?

PhilB said:
So apparently the shitcanned the Cadpat/Green boots? Also wasnt the requirment for a non leather sided boots i.e. along the lines of magnums, jb's etc?

And piss off all the RSM's out there. :D

Bzzliteyr said:
As recceguy said.. there is an email.. I received it at my unit from the TQ.  I am not sure if I can recover it since I deleted it noting that I wear Magnums and it was unimportant to me, but I will try to get it again tomorrow.

It was basically two PDF files with tech specs and detailed photos of the new boots.  They look identical to the "Boot, Wet Weather" all the way down to the tread pattern (hopefully not the "slip and slide" tread material though!).  They are made of the same MkIII looking leather and have speed laces as the WWBs do. They also have the nice little comfy padded top.

Hope that helps shed some light!!

Maybe its just me, but I don't consider that speed-lacing.  Harder than crap when you fingers are cold or you are in a hurry.  Or the laces are starting to fray at the ends too.  Its durable, the construction of those eyelets, but not speed lacing IMHO.

MRM

Mud Recce Man said:
Maybe its just me, but I don't consider that speed-lacing.  Harder than crap when you fingers are cold or you are in a hurry.  Or the laces are starting to fray at the ends too.  Its durable, the construction of those eyelets, but not speed lacing IMHO.

MRM

It's the same system we have on our desert boots. My laces are long enough that they don't have to come out of the eyelets at all. A knot in the end stops that, and a single pull of the laces cinches up the whole boot. I expect that the new boot will work similar, given that the eyelets are the same. However, I'll reserve judgement on the boot and it's lacing system until I've worn them and have received feedback from other users, not by what I see in a picture. It's like looking at a photograph of the ocean and saying the water is to cold to swim in.

I hope the inside is not exacly like the WWB, the 13 km will be...fun for the feets...!  But no CADPAT...!  What will we do...?  ;)

Ref "speed lacing", I consider something like in this picture "speed lacing" with the open-eyelet you can wrap the lace around...I know I know, I am picking fly$hit out of pepper.  I just found them hard to lace at times, laces weren't long enough (like the ones I have in my Bates ones I wear now) to tie the end and "speed lace" that way, which works great.

If the WWB would have had speed lacing like the picture, I would have not cursed them so much.

This is merely a question...

Why dont we learn from the USMC with regards to boots? My buddy's a SNCO with Force Reccon, and he says ppl rarely have any gripes with regards to their issued boots. They're comfortable, durable, and not bad on your knees.

It seems to me that many of our soldiers develop lower limb injuries i.e. knees, ankles.... with prolonged wear of the MkIIIs....I dont know just my opinion... I could be full of...well what ever it is  :D

H-Coy 2RCR is trialing the boot right now, we were issued it just prior to summer leave and are wearing them through our rotation at CMTC. Some people love them and some hate them. Any other questions feel free to Pm me.

Back