• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada Pension Disability Benefits

doomed_78

Inactive
Reaction score
Do I qualify for the Canada Pension Disability Benefit if I am DEC, 36 years old and receiving Income replacement benefit?Would this affect my current benefits through VAC?Any help or guidance would be appreciated ๐Ÿ™

My situation is similar. I am on ELB and was moved to DEC last year. I applied for CPP disability and qualified. I had a letter from health Canada showing I was not suitable to return to work. So that helped. I was also instructed by SISIP to apply upon my release and then again to reapply after all my VAC benefits were determined. I qualified the second time. My CPP is clawed back by SISIP so it doesnโ€™t benefit me directly. However, qualifying for that helped qualify me for the DTC disability tax credit that gives me over $10,000 in tax credits saving me over 3000 a year in income tax... so that is great... so no immediate benefit to qualifying... especially if VAC all ready decided you meet DEC

Back