• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

When I took my test, I took it right before the interview and was told that we wouldn't be told the results as they can be decieving. During my interview I was found sutible for employment but the test was never mentioned. Have they turned from this and have started showing the results of the tests?

atticus said:
When I took my test, I took it right before the interview and was told that we wouldn't be told the results as they can be decieving. During my interview I was found sutible for employment but the test was never mentioned. Have they turned from this and have started showing the results of the tests?

They don't give the results, you just get a listing of the trades you qualified for.

Hey guys,
I'm new to this website.  I passed my CFAT just a few weeks ago.  I was fortunate enough to sneak a peak at my mark.  I got 79%.  Thats good enough to qualify for everything.  In my interview I was told that my results were unusual because I demonstrated high marks in all areas. 

I knew goinig in to the test that my math is very week.  I'm thirty four, I haven't seen algebra in a long time. 

So that is the area I studied most for.  To prepare I did an internet search on aptitude tests and took every test I could find.  I also located some basic algebra teachings on line.  It's all free and it's all out there on the internet. There are tests for government workers all over the place.  RCMP, Postal service, local police departments, OPP, American forces etc.

If you really want to pass this test, take some advice from Arnold Schwarzenegger (I know I spelled that wrong).  Arnold had a motto back when he was body building.  He used to say "I would eliminate the question "Could I have done more to prepare".  If you can honestly say to yourself that you are as prepared as you could possibly be, then you can be confident that you will get the mark you deserve.

Mojo.

Im amazed after all the supportive; detailed cfat posts made, people are still discussing this. Alll the cfat questions are answered here, theres nothing else that can be said unless your told exactly what the questions are! Prepare, and if you arnt ready, wait, I waited and prepared for 3 years from the first day I walked into the office to take the cfat. I dont mean prepare from just reading this topic, prepare from real life work and education. If you dont have that aptitude for the job you applied for, you might fluke out on the cfat but the sense that you should have been doing it beforehand and used to that aptitude for many years already (experience) It will catch up with you when you swear in and get introduced to your teamates that have at Basic and Occupational...

Hi, I'm in the recruiting process right now, and will be scheduling my aptitude test with in the next few days. I'm hoping to get score high enough for armoured recce, and my second choice is infantry. Infantry would be about an extra 45 minutes away though. Would any one happen to know how high I will have to score for each, or how much higher i will have to score for Armoured Recce. Thanks for all your help.

Mike

Sorry i'am new here. I was wondering what happens if you fail the test? Can you redo it? Btw my aptitude test is on the 22nd of this month, i got to admit iam pretty nervous.

goldman said:
Sorry i'am new here. I was wondering what happens if you fail the test? Can you redo it? Btw my aptitude test is on the 22nd of this month, i got to admit iam pretty nervous.

Here was your first aptitude test.........and you have failed !

The answer to your question lies in about 10 different places in ths thread alone..nevermind the multitude of other threads that have dealt with this.  READ.....THEN ASK  ::)

I've read a few opinions where people said  re:spatial ability that you either have it or not. Not true, it can be learned, like other abilities. It's just harder because it is a  3 dimensional skill rather than a 2 dimension skill, like most of school work and video games. In the days of yore, kids used to learn spatial ability by playing with blocks, Lego, paper airplanes, etc.  Now they excell at computer simulations.

Seriously, get yourself some paper airplane kits or maybe do some origami. Sounds dumb, but  it really helps build those  spatial skills and you will be surprised how often that ability comes in handy in a 3 dimensional world.

Hello, my name is Philippe and I want to enter the infantry reserves.

I took the CFAT about two months ago, when the test was finished the sergeant supervising our test called out the names of about 4/5 of the group and asked them to follow him back to the reception area. When the sergeant came back he told us not to worry about our test because the remaining people had all passed the CFAT and were thus qualified for their military job.

On the drug use questionnaire, I wrote that I consumed marijuana about 7 months before the test date. I am not a substance abuser nor have I ever taken any hard drugs.

The remaining people in the room were asked to follow him back to the reception area and he then told us he would call us back.

Should I be worried about not receiving anything after 2 months?

Thank you

I have to admit I'm a little confused by your post.  When you went back to the reception area you were just told you would be called and that was it?  Have you phoned the recruiting centre since? 

Should I be worried about not receiving anything after 2 months?
When you write your CFAT, you usually fill out your Enhanced Reliability check along with other paperwork. It is possible they are waiting for that information to come back. Either way, you should phone CFRC and check in on the status of your file at regular intervals. I contact CFRC at least once a month. Give them a call, they will tell you what is happening with your application.

beach_bum said:
I have to admit I'm a little confused by your post.  When you went back to the reception area you were just told you would be called and that was it?  Have you phoned the recruiting centre since? 

The sergeant told us a corporal would be there shortly to speak with us, after 5 minutes the sergeant came back to tell us the corporal was unavailable right now and that we were free to leave. Before leaving, he told  us that the recruitement office would call each of us at home.

CALL THEM!! There are more tests to follow. I waited 3 days. 2 months is way to long.

Yes call the RC. At this stage you are not being a pain following up. Most of us were finished all the testing within a week to two weeks. I have not heard of waiting 2 months to finish the initial testing, but anything is possible. You hope it doesn't happen to you, but things can get missed, so give them a call and find out what your status is.

Good luck.

Yes, I echo what others have said. Call the recruiting office. I was told immediately after my test that I had qualified for the R277 (NavComm) and my PT test was scheduled right then. My interview and medical were scheduled immediately following the PT test.

The only real wait I had was when my files were sent to Borden for the final approval. Borden is woefully understaffed in this area and it takes quite some time (3 - 6 weeks I was told) to get the word back.

Good luck and be persistent.

Fry said:
They don't tell you what your score is on the CFAT, well at least they didn't when I wrote it. 

During my interview I was told I scored 100% on the verbal skills portion of my test. Some others that I know were told some of their results too. So I think it's up to your interviewer.

I wasn't curiious enough to ask what my other scores were but I'm sure if I had asked I would have been told. All I know is that I passed it with a pretty good score because the MOC I applied for requires a good mark.

You definately CAN study for an aptitude test. You know how many components there are  to the test, that is no secret. Just study, try other online tests and/or tests through your local highschool or library. These will prepare you by showing your weak areas and what you need to study to pass with the highest level possible for you.

I think the best advice I received prior to my test was this: get plenty of rest and have a good breakfast before the test.

Of course by the morning of the test it's too late to start worrying that you didn't study. Like all things in life, prior preparation and planning are the best ways to avoid disaster.

I know it's been said ad nauseum here but to re-iterate: The higher you score on the aptitude test, the more flexibilty in choice of trades you will have. So, go ahead and study.

I say call and see what's up. Keep calling. Be polite and respectful but be a "squeeky wheel."

In some circumstances you may have to wait for your next tests - as an example I've been scheduled for my medical and interview finally after waiting nearly 6 months after my CFAT.

But as I said, this is exceptional (previous service record problem). However I did have to call and remind then I was still waiting.

Hello, i have a quick question.

It may have been answered somewhere else, but i did try looking but couldn't find it.

To get into infantry, what is the school you need to get on the CFAT?

Thanks

"school"????

What does it matter what score you need?  Write the test and do the best you can do.  If you know what score you need will you stop when you think you have it?

Back