• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Canadian Forces warns members affiliated with radical groups"

FSTO said:
The Navy and CAF are falling over themselves to ensure the outrage is properly dealt with. Right now the mob wants those guys heads and it looks like they are going to be handed over.

It's good that we're placating the SJW mobs now.
Proud Canadian moment for sure.

I am absolutely shocked at the handling of this and the response by some CF members to this.  Talk about situating the court outcomes.  Did the possible convening authority really used the term "white supremacists" in a public forum about subordinates?  Even more funny is that one of these white supremacists is a Cree.  There is no way that the SJW will accept anything less than full public destruction of the lives of these men.  Poorly handled. 

Now to the members of the Canadian Forces on the Proud Boys Facebook page, and the fleet Comdr page, especially the three commissioned officers, including one major, who are not serving the cause of justice or even giving the impression of military justice impartiality.  The Sub Lt who used his social media accounts to release the names of the individuals on the SJW webpages is extremely disturbing.  The Lt(N) contacting people by messenger and threatening to "Expose" them to their chain of command as racists was interesting, especially since I have no chain of command and arguing what place the charter of rights has here is not racism.  Given the leadership of the navy I observed in the last 24 hours, I have to say WOW!  I thought we army types were the experts at kicking our own pee pees.  There has been a lot of detoxing back and forth yesterday.

All round you got some serving folks who should know better that need some serious PA training.

[quote author=Lightguns]  The Sub Lt who used his social media accounts to release the names of the individuals on the SJW webpages is extremely disturbing.  The Lt(N) contacting people by messenger and threatening to "Expose" them to their chain of command as racists was interesting,
[/quote]

That's mind blowing. Will the sub Lt be disciplined?

Jarnhamar said:

Don't talk silly, he/she's a hero.

Jarnhamar said:

Probably promoted and given a commendation. Or at the very least an Admirals Coin.

Did the officers actually threaten sailors on social media? Totally unsat if true.

FSTO said:
Did the officers actually threaten sailors on social media? Totally unsat if true.

These officers should be exposed to their CoC. Threatening people, especially civilians is actually worse than what the 5 guys done.

Also DoXing people is illegal , but I doubt any of those involved with that will see any repercussions.

gryphonv said:
These officers should be exposed to their CoC. Threatening people, especially civilians is actually worse than what the 5 guys done.

Also DoXing people is illegal , but I doubt any of those involved with that will see any repercussions.

I am sure at this point that the MPs are on it.  This is getting too public to be ignored. 

Edit:  that being said there is likely a lot of military folks sanitizing their social media today as a lot of posts on Proud Boys have disappeared since last night.  Kinda looks like the non military are talking to themselves now!

Kat Stevens said:
Don't talk silly, he/she's a hero.

I'd say his or her actions caused me to be harassed and feel my life is in danger. Then I'd sue for 10 million  ;D

ballz said:
The Charter of Rights and Freedoms is designed to limit the government's powers. It guarantees that the *government* will not infringe upon your freedom of speech / expression etc... in other words, creating a law that could put you in jail for expressing yourself. It does *not* guarantee you against the social consequences of your actions.

The above is easily the most mis-interpreted part of the Charter. People seem to think it protects you against other peoples conduct, but that isn't what it's for. It exists to prevent government over-reach, whether by unlawful detention, search and seizure, or to break up lawful and peaceful protests, just because the government of the day doesn't like the message. That's why Charter arguments aren't present in civil litigation, unless you're suing the government, a private citizen or organization cannot violate your Charter rights.

ballz said:
The Charter of Rights and Freedoms is designed to limit the government's powers. It guarantees that the *government* will not infringe upon your freedom of speech / expression etc... in other words, creating a law that could put you in jail for expressing yourself. It does *not* guarantee you against the social consequences of your actions.

These members, whether on duty or not, whether in uniform or not, whether they identified themselves as CAF members or not, conducted themselves in a manner that is below the standard of our profession. It's the same reason we put people on remedial measures for conduct when they commit a crime. Just like in the civilian world, this can have consequences.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/man-fired-over-fck-her-right-in-the-pssy-tv-confrontation/

Let's see, if one of these members were in the above article, would we be defending their "right" to go out and be and idiot? If it was one of my troops and they were identified as CAF members and it was on the news bringing the CAF into disrepute, I'd put them on a remedial measures in a heartbeat. Grievance? Go ahead. It's administrative law and there is video evidence of you doing said act. It's not hard to justify that this is below the standard expected of a CAF member conducting themselves outside of work. This is an easy win for the CoC.

Yeah he got his job back, the arbiter ruled it off duty conduct not associated or ID'd to the company in anyway.  Back pay and allowances restored.  He is also remorseful.

Lightguns said:
I am absolutely shocked at the handling of this and the response by some CF members to this.  Talk about situating the court outcomes.  Did the possible convening authority really used the term "white supremacists" in a public forum about subordinates?  Even more funny is that one of these white supremacists is a Cree.  There is no way that the SJW will accept anything less than full public destruction of the lives of these men.  Poorly handled. 

Now to the members of the Canadian Forces on the Proud Boys Facebook page, and the fleet Comdr page, especially the three commissioned officers, including one major, who are not serving the cause of justice or even giving the impression of military justice impartiality.  The Sub Lt who used his social media accounts to release the names of the individuals on the SJW webpages is extremely disturbing.  The Lt(N) contacting people by messenger and threatening to "Expose" them to their chain of command as racists was interesting, especially since I have no chain of command and arguing what place the charter of rights has here is not racism.  Given the leadership of the navy I observed in the last 24 hours, I have to say WOW!  I thought we army types were the experts at kicking our own pee pees.  There has been a lot of detoxing back and forth yesterday.

All round you got some serving folks who should know better that need some serious PA training.

I highly, highly encourage you to report what you know to the Military Police Unit at your base.  Officers threatening subordinates is unacceptable regardless of the events that have unfolded as of late.

It could also be argued the Sub Lt would released their names placed them, knowingly or ought to know, at risk.

So I will again encourage you to report what you know to the Military Police; just posting on this site is not going to solve anything.

Lightguns said:

I'll admit, I am trying to not wade too deep into the fallout over this...but where is this coming from about a Lt(N) contacting people on messenger and threats to expose, the SLt using his social media accounts to release names, etc coming from?

Lightguns said:
I am sure at this point that the MPs are on it.  This is getting too public to be ignored. 

Edit:  that being said there is likely a lot of military folks sanitizing their social media today as a lot of posts on Proud Boys have disappeared since last night.  Kinda looks like the non military are talking to themselves now!

They only think that they are sanitizing their social media.  Once it is posted on the internet, it is there for eternity. 

How many of your quotes have been shared or reposted by others?  How many programs are out there like the "Wayback Machine"?  How many screenshots have been made of posts, or even printed off as hardcopy?  It is too late to clean up once you have posted on the internet.

As for identifying the individuals; that was done within hours by the Maritime Anonymous group and posted on a blog. 

Lightguns said:
Yeah he got his job back, the arbiter ruled it off duty conduct not associated or ID'd to the company in anyway.  Back pay and allowances restored.  He is also remorseful.

You're a little bit late to the party. Read the other posts regarding being held accountable for off-duty conduct in the civilian world.

Regardless, the key point was that it has *nothing* to do with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Lightguns said:

He was a unionized employee. His union grieved his dismissal through arbitration. The arbitrator agreed.

In a non-unionized environment his employment could have been terminated without cause.

The union was able to demonstrate that he was genuinely remorseful for his actions.

34 of his male and female colleagues wrote statements offering their support.

He made a charitable donation.

He apologised to the reporter.

The arbitrators decision was not released to the public, and the employer refused comment.

One wonders if the employer would have been able to justify discipline had he not been publicly identified as an employee?
It would have been difficult to establish a clear nexus between his off-duty antics and their corporate brand.

Not sure where you read, "off duty conduct not associated or ID'd to the company in anyway. Back pay and allowances restored." ?

The company was ID'd in this discussion,

Harrasment in public..Hydro One fires "jerk" for reporter prank 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/119361.25
8 pages.

I have read no mention of back pay.

George Wallace said:
They only think that they are sanitizing their social media.  Once it is posted on the internet, it is there for eternity. 

How many of your quotes have been shared or reposted by others?  How many programs are out there like the "Wayback Machine"?  How many screenshots have been made of posts, or even printed off as hardcopy?  It is too late to clean up once you have posted on the internet.

As for identifying the individuals; that was done within hours by the Maritime Anonymous group and posted on a blog.

It's actually possible to partially sanitize yourself but involves spending lots of money paying a professional to do it for you. 

ballz said:
You're a little bit late to the party. Read the other posts regarding being held accountable for off-duty conduct in the civilian world.

Regardless, the key point was that it has *nothing* to do with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Unless, maybe, your employer is government.  Yes?

So the same group of Mi'gmaq now are even more empowered and are planning a 'Removing Cornwallis' Event.

Come Join Us to Peacefully remove Cornwallis statue, a statue that for too long has been representing genocide in Mikmaki. We are calling on our Warriors, Protectors, Allies, Friends and Lovers to join us in this historic event."

https://www.facebook.com/events/1904629933090599/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%2222%22%2C%22feed_story_type%22%3A%2222%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&pnref=story

Also in a few of the social media posts they are also seeking donations to their cause through e transfers.

I'm actually curious if they go so far and destroy public property for their cause. I wonder how many of their Supporters on Social Media is going to support them then.

Bring the jail bus and throw each and every one of them who touches the statue in the clink for public mischief. There are legal ways to have a statue removed, public vandalism isn't one of them.

Back