• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 168/18 (aka PATCHFORGEN) [Merged]

RocketRichard

Donor
Reaction score
I see this soldier on ex in the U.S. wearing a Div patch on cadpat.  Is this just because they are out of Canada or is this now issued to all soldiers in 5 Div? If so, will all divisons be wearing div patches in the future?

https://instagram.com/p/Bht71jZgaK6/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the idea is that eventually all personnel will wear their div patch on their combats but at this time (at least out here in 3 Div) only flag officers wear the patch. Not sure of the reason why when we all wear it on our DEUs. Incidentally, I have heard there is a move to start wearing qualification badges on combats (only ones worn on the DEUs like airborne, Ranger, etc.).

I've noticed senior officers from both 4 and 2 div wearing it for quite some time now. I didn't ask any questions

CanadianTire said:
I believe the idea is that eventually all personnel will wear their div patch on their combats but at this time (at least out here in 3 Div) only flag officers wear the patch. Not sure of the reason why when we all wear it on our DEUs. Incidentally, I have heard there is a move to start wearing qualification badges on combats (only ones worn on the DEUs like airborne, Ranger, etc.).

When the Army Comd and RSM visited us in Latvia, the RSM was rocking CADPAT wings, so who knows how far that may go in the future.

CanadianTire said:
I believe the idea is that eventually all personnel will wear their div patch on their combats but at this time (at least out here in 3 Div) only flag officers wear the patch.

I think you mean General Officers (unless you have some Navy DEU officer commanding 3 Div).

Not sure of the reason why when we all wear it on our DEUs.

This (IMO) bullshit started about a decade ago, when the new "high vis" ranks came out and the Command Officers and CWOs only wore them under the story "to let the troops get used to them".  That was, and still is, fucking lame.  You'd think that their gorgets and bus driver hats allow them to feel 'special' enough now.  Apparantly not!  I'm not a fan of the 'us and them' dress policies; either the Div wears them on CADPAT, or the Div doesn't.  My Div (an Air Div) has standards of dress that apply to all, with some of the higher rank Officers and CWOs, sometimes, sporting some fancier style of flying suit name tags perhaps.  If the AF can standardize operational dress...

Incidentally, I have heard there is a move to start wearing qualification badges on combats (only ones worn on the DEUs like airborne, Ranger, etc.).

I know in a few people who are qual'd aircrew who don't do flying anymore; one of them posted to CDA.  He wears his Wings badge on the left shoulder along with the big mo-fo flag.

Lerch said:
When the Army Comd and RSM visited us in Latvia, the RSM was rocking CADPAT wings, so who knows how far that may go in the future.
2 skill badges max, lower left CADPAT sleeve Velcro. In true Army fashion, being rolled out top to bottom in the CAF to increase morale of the troops. Started getting contacting for the badges and patches set up 3 years ago....

PuckChaser said:
2 skill badges max, lower left CADPAT sleeve Velcro. In true Army fashion, being rolled out top to bottom in the CAF to increase morale of the troops. Started getting contacting for the badges and patches set up 3 years ago....

Is this also on the newer version of the rain jacket as well?  Just curious;  the RCAF and some other CAF formations/units aren't allowing skill badges  on the rain jacket (CJOC is the one other than the RCAF I know of at this time). 

Eye In The Sky said:
Is this also on the newer version of the rain jacket as well?  Just curious;  the RCAF and some other CAF formations/units aren't allowing skill badges  on the rain jacket (CJOC is the one other than the RCAF I know of at this time).

The only reference to it I had seen was on the tunic, although I can't see why they wouldn't allow it on the newer rain jacket too, as it has the same velcro. Probably why it won't happen though, makes too much sense.

PuckChaser said:
The only reference to it I had seen was on the tunic, although I can't see why they wouldn't allow it on the newer rain jacket too, as it has the same velcro. Probably why it won't happen though, makes too much sense.

Yup.  Skill badge;  required on the flying jacket IAW our Div Os and my Wing DIs.  Rain jacket;  not allowed.  :stars:

I tried really hard to keep my older initial style RCAF version rainjacket but the zipper died on me  :'(.  Only think I could attach to it was a rank slip-on. 

People should calm down.  Everyone will eventually wear the Div patches and qualification patches.  But they have to be contracted and manufactured.  What the senior Comd Teams are wearing for Div patches are intern DEU patches with velcro sewn on, they are not the final product.  And I know out in 3 Div this has all been passed down via emails and meetings.  So I'm not sure why serving members are not tracking what is happening.  I myself sent out the minutes of the last dress committee meeting that contained this info.

Jon

Old EO Tech said:
And I know out in 3 Div this has all been passed down via emails and meetings.  So I'm not sure why serving members are not tracking what is happening.  I myself sent out the minutes of the last dress committee meeting that contained this info.

So what you're saying is that the Army has an information passage problem where the complete story doesn't get to all the troops? Colour me shocked.  :rofl:

Eye In The Sky said:
My Div (an Air Div) has standards of dress that apply to all, with some of the higher rank Officers and CWOs, sometimes, sporting some fancier style of flying suit name tags perhaps.  If the AF can standardize operational dress...

... the Army, which actually represents about 200 different tribes as opposed to the Air Force and Navy's much more efficient 'single tribe each', has no hope at all. :)

PuckChaser said:
So what you're saying is that the Army has an information passage problem where the complete story doesn't get to all the troops? Colour me shocked.  :rofl:

Shocking I know....but it is not completely unsolvable :-/

Jon

daftandbarmy said:
... the Army, which actually represents about 200 different tribes as opposed to the Air Force and Navy's much more efficient 'single tribe each', has no hope at all. :)

Incorrect.  Everyone knows there's an "east coast Navy" and a "west coast Navy".  :nod:

Dimsum said:
Incorrect.  Everyone knows there's an "east coast Navy" and a "west coast Navy".  :nod:

Don't forget NAVRES - they hate it when we leave them out...

Pusser said:
Don't forget NAVRES - they hate it when we leave them out...
So, if a sailor is posted to an Army unit, do they sew a Div patch on their NCDs?

dapaterson said:
So, if a sailor is posted to an Army unit, do they sew a Div patch on their NCDs?
No, formation patches are only for the Army service and operational uniforms (according to the Dress Instruction). They would put up an Army command badge, though.

Rheostatic said:
No, formation patches are only for the Army service uniform (according to the Dress Instruction). They would put up an Army command badge, though.
Wait for it...

Back