• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cap Badge while on training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journeyman said:
Hey!! Did someone actually give useful, correct, non-sarcastic advice??   ;D

Yes, but it is not realted to the topic at all!!  ;D

The Librarian said:
Yes, but it is not realted to the topic at all!!  ;D

Okay, going back to the topic and something that I was mentioning earlier: going by the fact that you don't put up the capbadge of your trade until you are trades qualified, why wouldn't I keep my hard sea capbadge?  Or are transfers just that exception that wear the new one early?

airmich said:
Okay, going back to the topic and something that I was mentioning earlier: going by the fact that you don't put up the capbadge of your trade until you are trades qualified, why wouldn't I keep my hard sea capbadge?  Or are transfers just that exception that wear the new one early?

You are no longer a naval MOC...get used to it.....same as i didnt wear my engineer cap badge after i remustered.  OTs are always different.

cdnaviator said:
You are no longer a naval MOC...get used to it.....same as i didnt wear my engineer cap badge after i remustered.  OTs are always different.

I am getting used to it.  Just questioning about OT's being exceptions to lots of things, capbadges included.

airmich said:
I am getting used to it.  Just questioning about OT's being exceptions to lots of things, capbadges included.

In my experience, different schools do things different......and then they have OTs....

Something tells me that each school is different.  CFSCE had us rebadge the day you got there, whether you were an OT or just finished your BMQ.  I think it was to identify which trade you were going. As some of you know ATIS (air force), LCIS (army), AVS and AVN, and FCS (army) now take POET.  So there's lots of Eagles, Horses and Jimmies floating around.
:salute:

does anyone know what gives the authority for transfers to keep their cap badge?  I just transferred from a tri-service trade where I was 6a qualified to an officer and have been wearing a cornflake although I should be entitled to wear the cap badge I earned during my career.  I believe that once you earn the right to wear a cap badge, it can not be taken away, but is there a regulation that states that?

rmc_wannabe said:
does anyone know what gives the authority for transfers to keep their cap badge?  I just transferred from a tri-service trade where I was 6a qualified to an officer and have been wearing a cornflake although I should be entitled to wear the cap badge I earned during my career.  I believe that once you earn the right to wear a cap badge, it can not be taken away, but is there a regulation that states that?

Ok.. as per your profile... you're an 18 year old private qualified up to 6a?

Want to explain that first?

A cap badge is not a qualification..........its not like jump wings or something like that.......you wont see anyone wearing a cap badge like NAVY on a blue air force beret. Wear what you are told to wear until such time as you are told otherwise.....

why is it people worry abut stuff they shouldnt worry about ?

Trinity said:
Ok.. as per your profile... you're an 18 year old private qualified up to 6a?

Want to explain that first?

Yeah...explain it.....fast !!

Because anybody who WAS 6a qualified would not be asking this question. They'd already know where to get the answer.

Tic Toc Tic Toc

The Librarian said:
Because anybody who WAS 6a qualified would not be asking this question. They'd already know where to get the answer.

Tic Toc Tic Toc...[/b]pt]

Want to do it or shall i ?

I just finished graduating a few good officers off there BOTP and the ruling was that if you where qualified in that trade or have previous service then you can wear the respected capbadge. The candidates that just joined still had there cornflake on at graduation, but it doesnt really make a difference, first day on second language training they where told to switch to there respective capbadge's......So Mich since you have previous service you get to wear the air force capbadge.

The only possible way would be equivalent civilian qualification....

which at 18 would be very hard to get for most trades.

And if that is the case, he still didn't "earn" the cap badge as he claims.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/49338/post-507438.html#msg507438

rmc_wannabe said:
... I'm too new to the military to understand the whys...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/32241/post-438988.html#msg438988

rmc_wannabe said:
Bit of an update...i've been offered a Sig Op position...getting sworn in on the 16th and its off to BMQ on the 18th.

Things that make you go hmmmm...... ::)

enough......the member has been PM'ed and i am awaiting my answer.......

BEEFY06 said:
I just finished graduating a few good officers off there BOTP and the ruling was that if you where qualified in that trade or have previous service then you can wear the respected capbadge.

There you go folks - three pages later and the answer comes out.  This is what happened to me when I CT'd from the PRes (NCM) to RegF (Officer) - never did the cornflake grace my headgear.

We're still waiting rmc_wannabe.

Suggest that you explain yourself post-haste.

Regards

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back