• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

cap badge

northernboy_24

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently a reg force MARS officer, two weeks from now I will be remustering as a reg force artillery officer.  I of course, currently wear the naval officer cap badge but in a couple weeks will I continue to wear the naval officer cap badge until I earn the artillery cap badge or switch to artillery.  I tried searching but "due to stress on the server search function has been disabled" so I couldn't search.  I seem to remember that we wear the current trade badge until we are given our new cap badge.  The google search only brought back people going ncm to officer.

I dont want to piss off the RSM the first day I meet them.  Especially since I will be staying on a naval base for several months in green till going out for my CAP course.

Thanks

Here is the address of the Regimental Adjutant of the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery. He should be able to give you the straight goods.

CHRISTOPHER.BARTH@forces.gc.ca

As Old Sweat says, young Mr. Barth will be able to give you the good word - in the meantime, this is what the RCA Standing Orders (which he administers) say:

Officers.
(1) Untrained Artillery officers will wear the Canadian Forces tri-service cap badge until they have graduated from the Basic Military Officer Qualification – Land (BMOQ-L) Course, at which time they will be presented the Artillery iodized cap badge and the associated Artillery accoutrements; and
(2) The Artillery embroidered cap badge will only be presented to Artillery officers who are fully qualified to perform their basic duties in The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery. That is, after graduation from Artillery Officer, DP1.1 Troop Commander for Regular Force officers and from Artillery Officer Primary Reserve, DP1.1 Troop Commander (PRes Mods 1-5) for Reserve officers. The embroidered cap badge will only be presented by General Officers, Colonels, or Artillery Commanding Officers.

Thanks for the replies, the adjutant took care of the answer. I am to wear the metal RCA badge until completion of DP 1.2 at which time it will switch to the cloth badge.
Cheers

northernboy_24 said:
Thanks for the replies.  The adjutant took care of the answer.
Cheers

Care to share in case some other neophyte requires guidance on the subject?

Any chance you could share why you're switching out of MARS?

recceguy said:
Let's not confuse him. I asked first.
:rofl:

I was kinda hoping he'd have to go back to the Corn Flake. That would have raised some eyebrows. ;D

cupper said:
:rofl:

I was kinda hoping he'd have to go back to the Corn Flake. That would have raised some eyebrows. ;D

Well, if the tri-service badge referenced here
Ralph said:
As Old Sweat says, young Mr. Barth will be able to give you the good word - in the meantime, this is what the RCA Standing Orders (which he administers) say:

Officers.
(1) Untrained Artillery officers will wear the Canadian Forces tri-service cap badge until they have graduated from the Basic Military Officer Qualification – Land (BMOQ-L) Course, at which time they will be presented the Artillery iodized cap badge and the associated Artillery accoutrements; and
(2) The Artillery embroidered cap badge will only be presented to Artillery officers who are fully qualified to perform their basic duties in The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery. That is, after graduation from Artillery Officer, DP1.1 Troop Commander for Regular Force officers and from Artillery Officer Primary Reserve, DP1.1 Troop Commander (PRes Mods 1-5) for Reserve officers. The embroidered cap badge will only be presented by General Officers, Colonels, or Artillery Commanding Officers.

is the metal one, then that would indeed be the cornflake :)

Back