• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirtaries,

As long as you have PLQ you will receive a CFLRS bypass, and should be promoted directly to Lieutenant.  I was an army reservist that CT'd into the Seneca Program.  I didn't have PLQ though, so I had to do MOD 2 BMOQ.  If you have any specific questions about the process specifically or about Seneca just fire me a MSG.

Cheers,

Rob 

RobOfstie said:
Kirtaries,

As long as you have PLQ you will receive a CFLRS bypass, and should be promoted directly to Lieutenant.

You mean commissioned to the rank of "2Lt" on transfer with your BMOQ qual, didn't you?    ;)

And out of curiousity, just what pay level and incentive did they assign you?  Level B, Basic?

DAA

AFAIK if you're a MCpl or above (with PLQ obviously) you skip BMOQ entirely and transfer directly to Lieutenant.  I've seen several of these along the way in my training.  I was a Bombardier without PLQ, so I had to do MOD 2 BMOQ and was promoted to 2Lt upon completion of BMOQ.  Because of the CANFORGEN on pay protection, I kept Corporal Pay. 

Cheers,

Rob   

RobOfstie said:
DAA

AFAIK if you're a MCpl or above (with PLQ obviously) you skip BMOQ entirely and transfer directly to Lieutenant.  I've seen several of these along the way in my training.  I was a Bombardier without PLQ, so I had to do MOD 2 BMOQ and was promoted to 2Lt upon completion of BMOQ.  Because of the CANFORGEN on pay protection, I kept Corporal Pay. 

Cheers,

Rob 

Under DEO, you would be correct, but CEOTP is different. In order to be a Lt or Capt under CEOTP you need to be MOSID qualified. I know a Reg Force Sgt that commissioned under CEOTP -- he went to 2Lt.

s2184 said:
Which program have you been accepted? Seneca Aviation Technology?
Why do you think it is a waste of money if you don't get into military?  ::)

I've been accepted for Seneca's Bachelor of Aviation Technology Program. I am planning on attending if I don't get accepted into the CEOTP program. I haven't been rejected or accepted into the military yet. I'm trying to decide if I should enter Seneca's aviation program while waiting for my application to be processed or wait until the military accepts or rejects my application. It's an expensive program around 11,000 dollars plus books, living and food for year 1. I don't think it would be a complete waste of money but I would need a loan  :-\

Ahhh Yes you are correct Ostrozac, 

I knew that too...... whoops!

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,

Rob

Fieseler said:
I've been accepted for Seneca's Bachelor of Aviation Technology Program. I am planning on attending if I don't get accepted into the CEOTP program. I haven't been rejected or accepted into the military yet. I'm trying to decide if I should enter Seneca's aviation program while waiting for my application to be processed or wait until the military accepts or rejects my application. It's an expensive program around 11,000 dollars plus books, living and food for year 1. I don't think it would be a complete waste of money but I would need a loan  :-\

This would definitely be a question you'd want to put to your local recruiting office. In terms of when BMOQ starts, I've been accepted to the CEOTP program and was told that for this year basic will start August 23rd (St Jean QC). Since the program is so new I couldn't guess if the next year would be the same, but since standardization is a big part of the forces, I would imagine it wouldn't change drastically.

Fieseler said:

Are you really interested in becoming a pilot? Do you really enjoy flying? Have you been flying already? If your answers to the questions are "Yes", then regardless of your situation or whatever will happen, it is worth a lot going to Seneca Aviation Technology Program.

Why you don't work in the summer & save money? $11,000/per year for the first year is not a lot of money if you work and save money. I believe you can get gov.student loan as much as $10,000/year.

If I were you, I would join in Seneca, will complete the Program & will join in the military or will consider joining in the military after.

The Seneca Aviation Technology Program is very stressful & challenging. But, if you plan well & if you play your part correctly, you have a bright future waiting ahead of you.  :nod:

s2184 said:
Are you really interested in becoming a pilot? Do you really enjoy flying? Have you been flying already? If your answers to the questions are "Yes", then regardless of your situation or whatever will happen, it is worth a lot going to Seneca Aviation Technology Program.

Why you don't work in the summer & save money? $11,000/per year for the first year is not a lot of money if you work and save money. I believe you can get gov.student loan as much as $10,000/year.

If I were you, I would join in Seneca, will complete the Program & will join in the military or will consider joining in the military after.

The Seneca Aviation Technology Program is very stressful & challenging. But, if you plan well & if you play your part correctly, you have a bright future waiting ahead of you.  :nod:

Yes to all your questions  :)

Nathanael.M congrats on making the program! Thanks, I have made my decision to join Seneca in the fall and I hope to see some of you there!

Fieseler said:
Yes to all your questions  :)

Nathanael.M congrats on making the program! Thanks, I have made my decision to join Seneca in the fall and I hope to see some of you there!

Good wishes Fieseler! You never know. May be I will fly with you one day.  ;D

So I passed the Seneca admissions test a few weeks ago. For anyone going to write it, do the FPR practice tests on the Seneca website. They are basically the same questions just different numbers.

I did my Aircrew Medical and everything was great until they put the little sticky ECG things all over me to test my Ticker... got referred to a cardiologist which may take six months :-\
Does this happen often? Really stressed out now cause I'm extremely Fit and do a lot of sports so I can't see anything being wrong with my heart!

It seems that there is a drawback around every corner with the pilot application process!!

Kirtaries said:
Really stressed out now cause I'm extremely Fit and do a lot of sports so I can't see anything being wrong with my heart!

People can be "extremely fit" and do sports and still have a heart problem.

Or, at the very least, have a non-serious heart problem that is not compatible with the medical requirements for pilot. 

PMedMoe said:
People can be "extremely fit" and do sports and still have a heart problem.

Or, at the very least, have a non-serious heart problem that is not compatible with the medical requirements for pilot.

Or, a non-serious heart "problem" that is compatible with those requirements.  You'll just have to wait and see.

Good Evening,
I have applied and passed all assessments up to and including ASC for CEOTP Pilot (Seneca Program). At this point I cannot be merit listed until my final transcripts can be sent in, which for Alberta is 21 July. Outside of my application for the CF I have applied and been accepted to SAIT for Avionics Technician, however if I choose to accept this I must pay my first semester's tuition by 5 August. Knowing that the recruiting system is busy and not going to move quickly for one individual, might anyone have any advice for my situation? I do not want to eliminate SAIT as my backup plan as I believe it's poor to be dependent on solely one option.

JulesP said:
Good Evening,
I have applied and passed all assessments up to and including ASC for CEOTP Pilot (Seneca Program). At this point I cannot be merit listed until my final transcripts can be sent in, which for Alberta is 21 July. Outside of my application for the CF I have applied and been accepted to SAIT for Avionics Technician, however if I choose to accept this I must pay my first semester's tuition by 5 August. Knowing that the recruiting system is busy and not going to move quickly for one individual, might anyone have any advice for my situation? I do not want to eliminate SAIT as my backup plan as I believe it's poor to be dependent on solely one option.

There really should be no need to wait for your final transcripts inorder to be Merit Listed for CEOTP Plt.  If you were to be selected, the offer would naturally be "conditional" upon you graduating with satisfactory results.  You just have to wait until the selection board is held or ask your CFRC whether or not they have already Merit Listed you.

I am sure you will find others here at Army.ca, that are still in Gr 12, who have already been offered and accepted CEOTP Pilot posns for the coming year.

Merged several thread regarding the "pre" application/acceptance stage of this particular program (either off the street or CT/OT).  Threads regarding the "post" period, haven't been touched as they don't concern recruiting.

DAA said:
There really should be no need to wait for your final transcripts inorder to be Merit Listed for CEOTP Plt.  If you were to be selected, the offer would naturally be "conditional" upon you graduating with satisfactory results.  You just have to wait until the selection board is held or ask your CFRC whether or not they have already Merit Listed you.

I am sure you will find others here at Army.ca, that are still in Gr 12, who have already been offered and accepted CEOTP Pilot posns for the coming year.

Okay, because I had been conditionally accepted after my interview based on I pass ASC, the medical, and my final transcripts. I had passed the first two and my recruiter said in order to be merit listed; they require my final diploma and transcript.

DAA is right, Lots of ROTP applicants get Merit Listed and get conditonal offers depending on them passing Gr 12.
I can't see how this would be any different for CEOTP.

I would call your recruiter. Just my  :2c:

Know anyone that joined the program from civi side? When did they sign up? Were they waiting in limbo for the academic year to start?

Cheers,

Max

JulesP said:
Okay, because I had been conditionally accepted after my interview based on I pass ASC, the medical, and my final transcripts. I had passed the first two and my recruiter said in order to be merit listed; they require my final diploma and transcript.

I just finished grade 12 and I have been accepted into the CEOTP-Seneca Pilot program for this coming year.  I had to provide the admission test results from Seneca to be Merit Listed. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back