• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
News Article - RCAF and Seneca College accelerate military pilot training

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/article-template-standard.page?doc=rcaf-and-seneca-college-accelerate-military-pilot-training/hrhjdzop

Thanks for posting on this subject.  I helped recruit a couple awesome people for that program but ended my time at CFRC before ever finding out if the program was a success!  Thanks!

Hootbag-

Yes we are required to wear our uniforms Monday-Friday.  We are mixed in with the civilian candidates who are required by the college to wear a professional standardized uniform. As such we are required to wear them as well.  It's really not as bad as you think.  You eventually get used to wearing/maintaining 3's Mon-Thurs and it really becomes a non-issue. 

Cheers,

Rob

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have been looking around and haven't been able to see the answers I am looking for.

I was a MCPL in an infantry reserve unit. I have been in for just over 10 years and a couple of years ago I was asked by my unit if I would consider taking my commission. Long story short I went through the whole process and last week I became an OCDT. I was told when I started the process that I would be a 2LT and have to complete DP1.1 It has been confirmed the next course I need to be promoted is DP1.1 and I was written off BMOQ or CAP, what ever it is called these days so I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light into why I am a OCDT and not a 2LT? Apparently my unit is looking into what it will take now to promote me but no one seems to really be sure why.

Thanks

I_A_N said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have been looking around and haven't been able to see the answers I am looking for.

I was a MCPL in an infantry reserve unit. I have been in for just over 10 years and a couple of years ago I was asked by my unit if I would consider taking my commission. Long story short I went through the whole process and last week I became an OCDT. I was told when I started the process that I would be a 2LT and have to complete DP1.1 It has been confirmed the next course I need to be promoted is DP1.1 and I was written off BMOQ or CAP, what ever it is called these days so I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light into why I am a OCDT and not a 2LT? Apparently my unit is looking into what it will take now to promote me but no one seems to really be sure why.

Thanks

PM inbound

I_A_N said:

Thanks

From DAOD 5002-6

Rank

A selected applicant must be enrolled, appointed or component transferred as an officer cadet/naval cadet effective the date of enrolment, rank change or component transfer.

The rank of officer cadet/naval cadet is held until the date that BMOQ or an equivalency is granted, upon which promotion to second lieutenant/acting sub-lieutenant occurs. No promotion to commissioned rank must be back-dated prior to the date the CEOTP officer is granted the BMOQ or an equivalency.

Promotions to a higher rank may occur on enrolment, promotion, occupation transfer or component transfer under CF promotion policy.

I_A_N said:

Thanks

From Land Force Command Order (LFCO) 3-1-002:

(read in three columns): Entry plan - Requirements - Rank on Enrolment
RESO - Must be attending or registered in full-time post secondary - OCdt
DEO - Must possess a recongized degree from a college or university - 2Lt
OCTP - includes those applicants with no former service, soldiers who do not qualify for CFR, and former cadets - OCdt
CFR - Must have eight years of service, be qualified for Sgt or above, and have at least two years before CRA - Lt, A/Capt or Capt (depending on quals)

Which commissioning plan were you under?  If you already have your degree, it seems like you would have been under DEO, in which case you'd commission as an OCdt with an instant promotion to 2Lt. If you're working on completing your degree, you'd fall under RESO, in which case you'd be an OCdt.

Hey everyone,

I have a few questions regarding a CT from army reserve to the CEOTP partnership with Seneca.
Current Quals (BMQ,BMQ-L,404's,DP1,DP2,PLQ complete)

Status: Currently being Processed Awaiting Air Factor Medical

Questions: 1) What if any courses would I bypass changing from Army Res NCM to AF Reg Pilot. AKA does PLQ write off any of the officer courses?
                2) Who am I competing against for a position, Just current military pers that are doing a CT or am I thrown in a pool of all applications?   
                3) Do CEOTP pers do all there french training through Seneca? As I noticed in the first semester you have to take French.
                4) If all french training is done by Seneca then would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to what courses I would need to get before heading to my first semester of Seneca?  ( If I get selected at all  ;D)

Thanks in advance for any/all of your input.

Cheers, :salute:

For the longest time SLC/ILQ/ILP was required in order to bypass BMOQ, but lately PLQ graduates have been applying for and receiving (through the PLAR process) complete BMOQ bypasses. That's the situation I was in when I commissioned under CEOTP about five years ago -- PLQ qualified and I didn't go to CFLRS St Jean at all, not even for the short Officership Seminar.

In addition, your quals should allow you to be qualified BMOQ(Land)/CAP -- but as I understand it that's not required for Pilots, not even those assigned to Tac Hel squadrons.

Ostrozac said:
In addition, your quals should allow you to be qualified BMOQ(Land)/CAP -- but as I understand it that's not required for Pilots, not even those assigned to Tac Hel squadrons.

Well, if I ever get my way...

I am not certain, but I do not believe that CEOTP applications for Pilot are being accepted - or is Seneca a different situation? I do not monitor that.

Loachman said:
Well, if I ever get my way...

I am not certain, but I do not believe that CEOTP applications for Pilot are being accepted - or is Seneca a different situation? I do not monitor that.

There is an agreement between Seneca and the CAF for CEOTP entry.

http://forces.ca/en/job/pilot-32#ceotp

Thanks for the input Ostrozac,

Lets hope I get to bypass CFLRS St Jean as well ::). If not I'm sure it could be a little fun... :facepalm:

Hey guys what date does this program start for 2015? As in when do you start basic? I applied for CEOTP 2014 but during my medical was informed that I need laser eye surgery and to come back in 6 months. So now I'm looking at CEOTP 2015. I passed my Interview, Seneca's aptitude test and CFAT just waiting on my vision for my medical to continue. Also, do you know of anyone that has transferred from the civilian program at Seneca? I have been accepted for 2014 and I was considering starting the program while going through the my application in case the military doesn't work out. But if it isn't possible to transfer courses I don't want to waste my money yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fieseler said:
Hey guys what date does this program start for 2015? As in when do you start basic? I applied for CEOTP 2014 but during my medical was informed that I need laser eye surgery and to come back in 6 months. So now I'm looking at CEOTP 2015. I passed my Interview, Seneca's aptitude test and CFAT just waiting on my vision for my medical to continue. Also, do you know of anyone that has transferred from the civilian program at Seneca? I have been accepted for 2014 and I was considering starting the program while going through the my application in case the military doesn't work out. But if it isn't possible to transfer courses I don't want to waste my money yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Generally, CEOTP applicants will do their BMOQ in the Fall and then start school in Jan of the following year.

I'm not sure if the CF will accept current Seneca students via CEOTP, as the program is structured to meet military training requirements.  You would be better off to ask this specific question directly to your local CFRC.

Thank you.
Yes I will be keeping contact with my recruitng center. When I was there I couldn't find anybody that knew if I could transfer. I'll keep looking!

Fieseler said:

Which program have you been accepted? Seneca Aviation Technology?
Why do you think it is a waste of money if you don't get into military?  ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back