• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Boots policy 2018-CANFORGEN 127/18

My feet hurt looking at them!

Oh No Christmas GIF by HBO Max

There is a problem with the safe to fly list. It was the most recent one that was available to the Air Staff to fast track the process, but it is out of date and very few of the boots listed are still available, or meet the Cdn requirement (not all boots on the list are approved for CAF use - eg. not the sage green boots or the safety boot versions). Attempts have been made to get an updated list from the USAF, get an in house list created and approved, and to have local support units use their best judgement in approving boots similar to those on the list that meet the standard.

Also check what the latest waivers from your flt readiness folks, as some have basically said wear anything that meets the basic standard for the army folks.

Some fleets are pushing their own style boots through the OA process, staffing them up and putting them on the list. The LRP community is one such fleet.

There is a problem with the safe to fly list. It was the most recent one that was available to the Air Staff to fast track the process, but it is out of date and very few of the boots listed are still available, or meet the Cdn requirement (not all boots on the list are approved for CAF use - eg. not the sage green boots or the safety boot versions). Attempts have been made to get an updated list from the USAF, get an in house list created and approved, and to have local support units use their best judgement in approving boots similar to those on the list that meet the standard.

Also check what the latest waivers from your flt readiness folks, as some have basically said wear anything that meets the basic standard for the army folks.
Yeah, I only found one boot (S2V) in the list that is available and meets the requirements of the canforgen, luckily readily available at Canex for $334 or something like that.

Some fleets are pushing their own style boots through the OA process, staffing them up and putting them on the list. The LRP community is one such fleet.
Adding boots to the list? Or declaring that they want everyone to wear the same boot?

Adding boots to the list? Or declaring that they want everyone to wear the same boot?
Adding their own flavour to acceptable boots. Expanding the list per se. Similar to what the rotary wing fleets did to allow Matterhorn style boots years before BOOTFORGEN was imagined.

Yeah, I only found one boot (S2V) in the list that is available and meets the requirements of the canforgen, luckily readily available at Canex for $334 or something like that.
They seem decent enough. Been wearing them for a couple of months now. Zero cost to the user so that’s a plus…

We are? Didn't know that...any idea what brand/model?

Ditto on the S2Vs, and they also take my orthotic insoles v-good.

Back