• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Boots policy 2018-CANFORGEN 127/18

The Chief Clerk is an HRA and doesn't handle claims processing anymore or employ the FSAs that do.

Thanks. Been out for awhile. As a matter of fact on 4 Aug I get my 12 years of retirement CD. ;D

I paid for mine in Euros and had zero problems getting my refund in Canadian dollars, converted by the Clerk at what the rate was on the day of purchase. Your Clerk is wrong, full stop. So, push back.

The Clerk is incorrect in their determination that you are not entitled due to paying in USD funds.

Many of our military units proceed across international borders and require claims settled with exchange calculations, we even issue Foreign currencies at times.

IF you are talking with a Clerk, head to the 2IC Fin, if talking to the Fin Super Visor, head into the ICFin office, if that's not working head to the CClk's office(Likely an FSA but still has power in the OR's) and if they aren't helping, talk to your units Fin Officer(if they are around).

One of them should be of sound mind and be able to get the claim finalized for you. 

In the "Quelle surprise!" department, Boulet is bemoaning BOOTFORGEN. 

Translation below per Google Translate

“There is no Canadian boot that is supplied for the Canadian military; these are all imported boots, ”lamented Louis Boulet, vice-president of G.A. Boulet companies.

Mr. Boulet pointed out that the amount of the allowance paid to the soldiers is twice as high as the price at which his company sold his boots to National Defense.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2020/07/07/des-bottes-etrangeres-pour-les-militaires-1

dapaterson said:

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2020/07/07/des-bottes-etrangeres-pour-les-militaires-1

In a lack of sympathy, I'll send him the massive blisters his ridiculously stoopid boots caused me on a BFT a few years ago.

After I healed up I switched back to my good old Mk IIIs and never had a problem again, of course.

daftandbarmy said:
In a lack of sympathy, I'll send him the massive blisters his ridiculously stoopid boots caused me on a BFT a few years ago.

After I healed up I switched back to my good old Mk IIIs and never had a problem again, of course.

I swear those god damn things were made so we never skip leg day.

Edit:  I stand corrected after looking at EITS's post.  The RCAF cripplers are Terras, not Boulets.

dapaterson said:

Which boots were these ones; the Army Cold Wet Weather ones? 

IIRC, Terra made all the CEMS (Air Force) project boots aka "the cripplers".  I'll happily stick with my LPO Magnums and Bates, thank you.    :nod:

Eye In The Sky said:
Which boots were these ones; the Army Cold Wet Weather ones? 

IIRC, Terra made all the CEMS (Air Force) project boots aka "the cripplers".  I'll happily stick with my LPO Magnums and Bates, thank you.    :nod:

I had the same question...the GP black boots that weighed a ton (not the Gortex), or one of the 3 varying shades/styles of brown, yet all still substandard. (I’ve been issued all of them, except the darkest brown that laced up and had material on either side.) Oh, and was issued a set of desert boots too.  ::)

BeyondTheNow said:
I had the same question...the GP black boots that weighed a ton (not the Gortex), or one of the 3 varying shades/styles of brown, yet all still substandard. (I’ve been issued all of them, except the darkest brown that laced up and had material on either side.) Oh, and was issued a set of desert boots too.  ::)

They made all of those.

Dimsum said:
They made all of those.

I see...

Totally irrelevant. I’m taken back to stories/folklore of cadpat boots. (Before my time.) Curious—Did they make those too?

BeyondTheNow said:
I see...

Totally irrelevant. I’m taken back to stories/folklore of cadpat boots. (Before my time.) Curious—Did they make those too?

I think so.  They are essentially the GPB but in CADPAT.

CADPAT boots were a trial item that never made it into wide production or distribution.

Dimsum said:
Thank god.

I am trying to imagine a CSM ordering his company to buy multiple colours of polish and polish each square the proper colour.

dapaterson said:
I am trying to imagine a CSM ordering his company to buy multiple colours of polish and polish each square the proper colour.

Even worse idea than the jack boots for the garrison dress...thankfully kept mostly within the walls of NDHQ.

Eye In The Sky said:
IIRC, Terra made all the CEMS (Air Force) project boots aka "the cripplers".
Those things were (are?) unbelievably awful. Made my civvy heavy, even taller, Viberg steeltoes feel like runners.

Good2Golf said:
Even worse idea than the jack boots for the garrison dress...thankfully kept mostly within the walls of NDHQ.

That would have been hilarious and awful to see.  At least Boulet (which makes cowboy boots) might deliver a good product

Dimsum said:
That would have been hilarious and awful to see.  At least Boulet (which makes cowboy boots) might deliver a good product

I had a pair of Boulet cowboy boots years ago; they weren’t bad, but nowhere near as nice as a pair of hand-crafted Hondo boots I got in El Paso a ‘few’ tears ago...and still going strong.

Any contracted Boulet combat boot I’ve worn (several variants of the GPs and the worst desert boot made ever) have been blisteringly horrible. It would be interesting if the journalist had included not just an interview with Monsieur Boulet himself, but also a survey of all the wearers of the boot...I don’t think it would be glowing at all...

Dimsum said:

Thankfully some people have made an effort to remember!!!

https://www.facebook.com/526846973997802/photos/ms.c.eJxFyskJADAMA7CNSm3jHPsvlkco~;QohEi3DATvUBwvEgh6gWKTuh9yRA87BDZo~-.bps.a.1671933656155789/1671935176155637/?type=3&theater

http://mpmuseum.org/securworkdress.html

Don't worry, though, you can still get in on the action!

quadrapiper said:
Those things were (are?) unbelievably awful. Made my civvy heavy, even taller, Viberg steeltoes feel like runners.

Still being issued;  the tech's don't seem to mind them it seems.  I despised them after 10 seconds after I walked in them.  Thankfully, wearing crappy liners in combat boots in the late 80s and 90s screwed my arches.  Orthotics = LPO for me.

Back