• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Declining an offer (merged)

Drew Grey said:
I am curious to know if after cancelling, would I ever be able to apply again if I decided down the road it was something I'd like to try out for again?

Drew Grey said:
I recently posted a thread inquiring about if I would be able to re apply for the army down the road if I cancelled my application now due to other opportunities that have come up in life.

Drew Grey said:
If I cancel now...can I re apply down the road If I decide I want to pursue it again?

Yes.

DAA is a Recruiter,

DAA said:
The only time you will need to reapply and possibly have to submit new or more documentation, is if your file has been closed for more than "365-days". As an example and an example ONLY, if your file were to be closed on 23 May 15, you can have your file "re-opened" on request anytime prior to 22 May 16, without having to reapply online.

If your file has been closed less than 365 days, you can ask that it be re-opened at any time.

If your file has been closed more than 365 days, you must re-apply online.

Drew Grey said:
Is there any minimum time one must wait before re applying again?

No. Who told you there is?

The waiting period to re-apply described in the 36-page Getting Back In Mega Thread does not involve you. You have never been in. 

Hi!

I applied as a pilot through SENECA in November 2015.
I went through the whole process fairly well and quickly.
In July 2016, I received an official offer as pilot.... which I declined.
I am currently studying engineering in a civy university and I felt like
I wasn't ready to drop it all to start my new career.

The thing is now I wonder everyday if I should have accepted. Looks like
such an amazing profession. My question is: If I decide to re-apply, will I
have to start the whole process all over again? By process I mean CFAT,
interview, blood testing, eyes testing, medical testing, Aircrew Selection,etc.

What if I apply tomorrow?
What if I apply next year?

Thanks!!!

Davy said:
Hi!

Thanks!!!

See also,

The "So You Want To Be A Pilot" Merged Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12744/post-1458247.html#msg1458247

Davy said:
Hi!

Thanks!
Sorry if my post isn't the proper section (so Canadian to say sorry like that... :cdn:)
I browsed the forum and could not find an answear.

Davy said:

If you reapply, you will most likely need to redo the "full" Medical, Interview and Background checks.  I believe that Aircrew Selection (ASC) results are valid for 2 years but your CFRC will be able to confirm this upon re-opening your application.  You won't need to redo the CFAT or TSD.

I am applying to the forces and my application is taking a long time so consequently I am deciding whether or not to go to school in the mean time. Since i know that when you get the job offer you have 10 days to decide whether or not to accept. So I was wondering if 1: Can you delay your entry for a set period of time?
2: If you decline, reapply to the same trait will be quicker application time then the first time?

44nic4444 said:
Can you delay your entry for a set period of time?
If you decline, reapply to the same trait will be quicker application time then the first time?

For reference, perhaps,

Reapplying

will be merged with,

Declining an offer (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/104645.0
3 pages.

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

If you are upgrading and know that you cannot accept a job offer while you are doing the upgrading you should contact your recruiting centre so that your file can be placed on hold while you finish said upgrading. Upgrading can in some cases make your file more competitive. 

If you place your file on hold for longer than a year it will be closed and you'll have to contact your CFRC (not an online application again) to have your file re-opened and you'll need to redo certain aspects of the recruiting process.

Declining an offer, there is ample information on here about declining an offer :)

If you're offered a position, accept and swear allegiance but want to delay your basic training for a while to finish something before you go to basic for 13 weeks is that okay or will they say eff it and kick you to the curb?

Gracias

If one accepts the offer of enrolment for their 3rd choice trade, and is given a date for their enrolment ceremony, it is completely impossible to retract their acceptance prior to the ceremony if they wanted  to do so, so as to close their application and apply for different trades, correct?

Sparky,

You can decline your acceptance up to any point right up to and including your enrollment ceremony (although please don't wait until your enrollment ceremony to change your mind).
Depending on what you're asking to change to you might be moved to the very beginning of the process again though and you're not guaranteed to get selected a 2nd time.

Does anyone know how to cancel an online application? I was told I have to cancel the one I previously submitted before I can reapply.

lukewood said:
Does anyone know how to cancel an online application? I was told I have to cancel the one I previously submitted before I can reapply.

You don't technically "cancel" an online application; you inform your CFRC that you're no longer interested and your file is closed.  When you want to reapply you will either (1) contact your CFRC and ask for your file to be re-opened; or (2) Apply online again - depending on the length of time that your file has been closed.

Start with your CFRC and they'll let you know if they can reopen your file or not.

Was offered a BMQ bypass for Comms Rsrch Op...after mulling it over id like to go in for MP ( it was on my list before, interviewed for it but took it off as I thought the process would take longer )...so as of now Comms Rsrch Op was the only thing on my list..if i call and explain this will I have to start over for MP or will they just put me on the merit list and I have to wait again?

As long as your CFAT and medical was up to par for MP I don't believe you will need to completely start over the process. You may need to interview for the MP position again however. If you already interviewed for it and "passed" that I see no reason you wouldn't be put onto the merit list aside from no positions being available for the rest of the fiscal year. They might want you to come in to explain your wanting to be put back onto the list for MP though.

As many say, recruiting is your best resource for information. Don't hesitate to call them and ask. You won't be taken off the Comms Rsrch list for asking about MP. Just don't wait for the allotted time to say yes to run out as your application may be closed shortly after words.

You're an applicant, do you really know what he/she should do, or what will happen after words ?  ::)

Why not wait for Buck-HRA to give an informed opinion.

Actually I do know what he should do and I said it. Call recruitment.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Was offered a BMQ bypass for Comms Rsrch Op...after mulling it over id like to go in for MP ( it was on my list before, interviewed for it but took it off as I thought the process would take longer )...so as of now Comms Rsrch Op was the only thing on my list..if i call and explain this will I have to start over for MP or will they just put me on the merit list and I have to wait again?

I just got my offer for MP only a few days ago with recruit school bypass. You will have to interview for it then if found suitable you'll be loaded onto an MPAC in Borden. Then go onto the merit list after that. Its a decent wait for MP, my application was 15 months total. Being at your stage I have no idea how long it would take. Good luck.

coyote489 said:
I just got my offer for MP only a few days ago with recruit school bypass. You will have to interview for it then if found suitable you'll be loaded onto an MPAC in Borden. Then go onto the merit list after that. Its a decent wait for MP, my application was 15 months total. Being at your stage I have no idea how long it would take. Good luck.

They still do MPAC? Was under the impression it was just an interview now?

Q.Lamb said:
Actually I do know what he should do and I said it. Call recruitment.

Oh, because I was pretty sure you said...

Q.Lamb said:
As long as your CFAT and medical was up to par for MP I don't believe you will need to completely start over the process. You may need to interview for the MP position again however. If you already interviewed for it and "passed" that I see no reason you wouldn't be put onto the merit list aside from no positions being available for the rest of the fiscal year. They might want you to come in to explain your wanting to be put back onto the list for MP though.

As many say, recruiting is your best resource for information. Don't hesitate to call them and ask. You won't be taken off the Comms Rsrch list for asking about MP. Just don't wait for the allotted time to say yes to run out as your application may be closed shortly after words.

AND...that's why I said...you are an APPLICANT.  Leave the answers for those that know what they are talking about/are reasonably informed; as an Applicant you're neither.  I've been in the military 9 years longer than you've been filtering oxygen and I'm not offering an opinion how it works because like you, I also don't work in recruiting.  I do know there could be negative consequences to turning down and offer, changing MOSID selections (is the applicant medically fit IAW the MOSID Med Cat, did they meet the CFAT requirement, are they competitive in the MOSID, etc).  Let's leave it to those who understand the system the best, like Buck_HRA.

Back