• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FINALLY!!! i can play the waiting game!!!

so im still confused about this PT.
some of the people i talked to who are in RMC right now
said they only had to do the step test and not the 2.4km run
some had to do both
some did only the run...
is this like a draw out of a hat or... wuts the deal on that?

jerrythunder said:
well i called the recruiter at the armory last thursday nite  and asked her if they have my file yet, she told me that she would call her counterpart in Ottawa CFRC and see if its waiting to be sent over. in that case the recruiter would call me back and tell me when i can get sworn in! so im just waiting for tuesday nite when it opens again!

I think I'll call the recruiting NCO for the unit I applied to this wednesday to see what's happening. its been about a month since I finished the trial, sort of anxious to get sworn in.

..... hi there! .... i did my medical and the same day they gave me the go ahead for pt.... and this week the interview.... they were a bit confused as i got the go ahead for the pt before my interview.... a lot of waitting .... and yes you have to be patient.... i have had trouble with that myself...lol.... good luck! Cheers! Nik

I got the call!!! I swear in tommorow and need to be there for 10 :salute: :army: :cdn: ;D  Im pretty sure this is one of the best feelings ever!

xander said:
I think I'll call the recruiting NCO for the unit I applied to this wednesday to see what's happening. its been about a month since I finished the trial, sort of anxious to get sworn in.

i would suggest calling on a nite that the unit is training on for example my local unit is training every tuesday and thursday nite so thats when i usually call. just a little tip . oh god i hope i get the call tonite!

Bradbury said:
I got the call!!! I swear in tommorow and need to be there for 10 :salute: :army: :cdn: ;D  Im pretty sure this is one of the best feelings ever!

grats. when were you merit listed?

i just got the call finally finally finally after all that waiting! i wanna scream!!!! next tuesday im getting sworn in thank god!!! cant wait to put the green on~!

im on the merit list... aghhh i missed the first selection because of an injury..
now i have to wait until middle of april for me to find out if i got accepted or not
this majorly suckssss

Well my parents have agreed to sign my application. So next thursdayweare driving to the recruiting centre to pickup the forms!

i get sworn in monday night! im so excited, i was worried about not making summer BMQ. small problem though, they need my blood type and i dont know if the lab will be able to give me the results the same day of the test.

If you give blood you find-out your type right away.  An added plus, you help save a life.

Well I've been done with all the steps for a little over two weeks now, however since I was reg force before then went in the reserve and got into trouble with my reserve unit the recruiter was sort of reluctant with my transfer back in the reg force, he finally approved it, but I hope that I won't have any problems with the board of selection.

But my trade is closed right now and no news on how soon it might open again, NES op is what I am applying for.

Been waiting for 9 weeks now. Hopefully I'll get in for summer BMQ and infantry.

-Rohann

I finally passed all my tests yesterday. I applied for Reg Force as a SIGops, I know that this question has been asked a million times but mine maybe a little different. Right now SIGops is in demand and an incentive is available, does anyone know how the incentives work in the CF?

Army - NCMs
The CF has introduced a series of recruitment allowances for eligible NCM applicants entering the Regular Force.

Designed to attract skilled personnel to understrength occupations, the allowances are divided into three categories: post-secondary diploma or certificate NCMs ($10,000 signing bonus), civilian trade-qualified NCMs ($20,000 signing bonus) and MOC-qualified NCMs ($20,000 signing bonus).

From the dnd.ca website in the recruiting section:
http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/engraph/army/bonuses_e.aspx?qsid=1147&bhcp=1

For futher info you should refer to your local recruiting office

scruffy said:
I finally passed all my tests yesterday. I applied for Reg Force as a SIGops, I know that this question has been asked a million times but mine maybe a little different. Right now SIGops is in demand and an incentive is available, does anyone know how the incentives work in the CF?

For the thousandth time, the only incentive available for Sig Ops is for ex Reg F or Res F QL5A qualified applicants.  If you have the applicable college education or military experience you may be entitled to either a signing bonus or training bypass or entry at a higher pay level or rank or a combination of all for some occupations.  Contact your CFRC/D for the latest understrength trades and their associated incentives/bonuses.

Thanks kincanucks, i'll contact them and ask. Do you know if the next BMQ starts in May or June?

Back