• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Oh, so those would be City of Ottawa financial sanctions approved by Ottawa City Council and enforced by Ottawa Police Service, then?
I don't think they're bothering with approvals anymore.

I can see people getting pushed, punished, and pissed off to the point where they do turn violent.

The government would slap themselves on the back saying see we told you so, then crank things up even more.

Police and bystanders will be the victims of whatever this segregation is attempting to accomplish.

Simply from a security standpoint, holding the 'G' conferences in places like Huntsville, Kananaskis and Charlevoix was genius.

I go back to my earlier point. Ottawa needs to plan for demonstrations and handling them with moderation.

It is not a Monastery.

It does not belong to the citizens of Bytown.

It is the home of the Parliament of Canada and belongs to us all.

I go back to my earlier point. Ottawa needs to plan for demonstrations and handling them with moderation.

It is not a Monastery.

I don't think anyone would argue that.

But belong to us all does not mean anyone and everyone can occupy it. Protest, let your voices be heard, leave before you overstay your welcome.

And leave the trucks at home.

I don't think anyone would argue that.

But belong to us all does not mean anyone and everyone can occupy it. Protest, let your voices be heard, leave before you overstay your welcome.

And leave the trucks at home.

Make your visitors welcome. Give them a place to stay.

Most of us out here drive our own fossil fuel vehicles to get from place to place.

We are short of unicorn farts.

Make your visitors welcome. Give them a place to stay.

Most of us out here drive our own fossil fuel vehicles to get from place to place.

We are short of unicorn farts.
Confused Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

It is not a Monastery.

There are upwards of 250 lawful demonstrations a year in Ottawa. Why does breaking up an unlawful one translate into Ottawa not being accessible to all? Because one side that purports to be about law and order can’t fathom that maybe their side didn’t actually follow law and order?

It was an unlawful protest that was allowed a lot of leeway. Too much to be honest. They were given an inch and they took a mile.

Simply from a security standpoint, holding the 'G' conferences in places like Huntsville, Kananaskis and Charlevoix was genius.
I thought they should have had it I Fort Nelson, BC. Closest other town was 3 hours away, one highway in and out, minimal hotel space (keeps entourages and press herd small) and a town population hostile to left wing anarchist troublemakers.

I don't think they're bothering with approvals anymore.

I can see people getting pushed, punished, and pissed off to the point where they do turn violent.

The government would slap themselves on the back saying see we told you so, then crank things up even more.

Police and bystanders will be the victims of whatever this segregation is attempting to accomplish.
Actually Jarn, my point was to question why is Interim Ottawa Police Chief Bell describing the use of financial measure against protestors as though it was a police action. Nice try, Interim Chief Bell - leave implementation of aspects of the Federal Emergencies Act to the Federal Government as communicated by, say the PM or the DPM/Finance Minister, and you just stick to policing and leading your service to be better than it was…

Reactions: QV
OPS chief is saying financial sanctions will be applied in the months to come against protestors. That seems odd, like the EA is being used as a work around to punish people and less about some kind of state of emergency.
He said: "If you are involved in this protest, we will actively look to identify you and follow up with financial sanctions and criminal charges,"

that could be something as simple as sending them a ticket in the mail for a variety of infractions. So wouldn’t need to be under the EA.

They’ve filmed, and recorded a pile of stuff in that last few weeks. I’m sure they have months of investigations ahead of them.

He said: "If you are involved in this protest, we will actively look to identify you and follow up with financial sanctions and criminal charges,"

that could be something as simple as sending them a ticket in the mail for a variety of infractions. So wouldn’t need to be under the EA.

They’ve filmed, and recorded a pile of stuff in that last few weeks. I’m sure they have months of investigations ahead of them.
Police lay charges.

They don’t implement financial sanctions. Banks do under direction of the Government.

Do you really believe the chief of police threatening "financial sanctions" is referring to a ticket in the mail?

Blair said the emergency act will remain as long as the threat remains. Whats the chances of that meaning months and months while the police conduct their thorough investigation?

Do you really believe the chief of police threatening "financial sanctions" is referring to a ticket in the mail?

Blair said the emergency act will remain as long as the threat remains. Whats the chances of that meaning months and months while the police conduct their thorough investigation?
Why wouldn’t I. They have tons of video evidence of plenty of violations. Licence plates and such. I imagine they will follow up for months. If they have footage of criminal activity and can identify the culprits they will lay charges. None of those things are new.

Back