• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

You mean when " When the Mountie approached them ."
And promptly will began posting about how they were oppressed they'd been the jack booted mandate enforcer ...His good morning wasn't cheerful enough. Nor did he grovel sufficiently before these Partisans of Freedom (tm.)
Don’t forget they will promptly compare themselves to war veterans “fighting for freedom “…

There’s very strong anti-police sentiment from Marcus Ray’s followers. A lot of them saw February in Ottawa as a breaking point after which they cannot have any hope that the police will help them with their intended/desired coup… Which is maybe the first intelligent thought they’ve had. Some still hold out hope for the army. Others have come to the conclusion that they will have to fight us. Interestingly, Ray’s continued desire to bring police onboard is creating a schism between him and the more extreme wing of his followers.

Saskatchewan-born Daniel [Danny] Bulford who was an RCMP officer with RCMP National Division Emergency Response Team in Ottawa and was Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s personal sniper, has urged Canadians not to join the Constitutional Sheriffs.

The PM has his own personal sniper?

You mean when " When the Mountie approached them ."
And promptly will began posting about how they were oppressed they'd been by the jack booted mandate enforcer ...His good morning wasn't cheerful enough. Nor did he grovel sufficiently before these Partisans of Freedom (tm.)
"I'm bein repressed! See the opression inherint in the system!!"

Peasant to King Arthur, King of the Britons....

Spots the birds for him when he needs to impress his wife, deflates the wheels of automobilists that cut him off, makes his grouping look good at the range, mimics a Toronto gang shoot when he needs to fart discretely, etc...

The benefits of a personal sniper!

Two nannies, a chef and a personal sniper . Sounds about right for the domestic staff for any Prime Minister.

Well not quite. I found this surfing the internet:

In July 2013, Daniel was transferred to the RCMP National Division Emergency Response Team in Ottawa, Ontario. During his time on the National Division ERT, Daniel’s primary role was sniper / observer, with the majority of his time spent supporting the protection of the Prime Minister and other internationally protected persons.

Sounds like he would be with one of the sniper teams keeping an overwatch of the PM and other international dignitaries.

The rest of his bio can be found here.

Constitutional Sheriffs
FFS, now we’re importing this shit from the US? 🤦‍♂️

The movement has some ideological similarities with the self-styled patriot movementand sovereign citizen movement, and some members of those movements also espouse "constitutional sheriff" ideology.[7][1] The "constitutional sheriff" or "county supremacy" movement itself arose from the far-right Posse Comitatus, a racist and anti-Semitic group of the 1970s and 1980s that also defined the county sheriff as the highest "legitimate" authority in the country,[1][8]and was characterized by paramilitary figures and the promotion of conspiracy theories.[1] Sheriffs are not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution.[9] The ideological basis of the sheriffs' movement is instead based on various incorrect historical and legal claims, relying on a pretense that the historic powers of the high sheriff of an English shireapply in the USA regardless of subsequent legal developments.[1]

Decidedly not.

Well not quite. I found this surfing the internet:

Sounds like he would be with one of the sniper teams keeping an overwatch of the PM and other international dignitaries.

The rest of his bio can be found here.
More accurate, though the ERT in Ottawa fills a number of roles and support to PM is just one of them.

His story is a sad one. Very solid reputation, good cop, and a nice guy. He went/got dragged down a rabbit hole.

I don’t know any better. But my tin foil hat would almost have him be a plant. Make him credible to that side while he provides info. Arrested but not charged would make me question that. But meh. I probably watch too much tv.

There’s very strong anti-police sentiment from Marcus Ray’s followers. A lot of them saw February in Ottawa as a breaking point after which they cannot have any hope that the police will help them with their intended/desired coup… Which is maybe the first intelligent thought they’ve had. Some still hold out hope for the army. Others have come to the conclusion that they will have to fight us. Interestingly, Ray’s continued desire to bring police onboard is creating a schism between him and the more extreme wing of his followers.
I find it interesting that he’s trying to downplay earlier comments attributed to him to try and woo people to his cause.

RCMP has a public order unit, other divisional assets, and a lot of general duty or roadable cops based out of Regina, plus Regina Police Service. They Depot grounds are fenced off and not open to the public other than via controlled access. Not sure how they imagine this going, but it won’t match reality.
I'm aware. My point was if they surround the Depot fence and, as they claim, intend to peacefully and legally make demands of those inside, on a Sunday, who's going to be there ('If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sounds?' - type of thing). Similar to protests in front of Parliament or a legislature. Sure it's symbolice, but On a Sunday? Really?

Hard as it may be to believe, some folks who leave the military or RCMP have been known to embellish their tales of their service.
Danny hasn’t embellished things himself, he’s a straight shooter and a good guy and not the type to inflate himself.

It is unfortunate what he’s come to represent beyond his intentions.

The media has made his career sound bizarre. He was indeed CAT and working in the security team. What that means to people who watch too many movies when it’s said out loud is another thing altogether

Apparently, cabinet was provided with a dollar value as to the daily cost of the convoy protests on the Canadian GDP, and this cost was provided in the days before the decision to invoke the emergencies act.

This would seem to be very relavent information for the subsequent special parliamentary committee … except the committee was told that cost was not calculated.

Back