• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Points to ponder

Protesters and trucks being forced to leave Ottawa.

Ottawa Police request tow trucks to come and remove the trucks

The tow truck drivers and companies have 2 loyalties

1 to the police so they get the calls to clear accidents

1 to the truckers, the larger tow trucks and wreckers do a lot of towing for truckers , some of the tow truck drivers are in the protest with their trucks, ( seen in videos and other pictures on social media) do they stick with the truckers as they are the bread and butter of recoveries of broken down, jack knifed trucks, stuck in the snow etc.

Who do they stay loyal to?

Second thought to ponder

The lady who started the go fund me page
She is well known in the Break up the west movement.

She is making a social media, old school media biography.

She has raised more money than the 3 big political parties have. But she does not have the rules or record keeping rules to follow.

Questions have been raised how the 10 plus million is to be used.

Could the money be used to fund other movements, extreme hate groups, more money to fund the pro west break up causes?

Could the money be used to fund a candidate in the next election or fund a party?

So who is the winner of this protest?

Left over goes to fund a veteran program, that the donors select, is it a real veteran program ?

The big trucking companies stayed away.

Not knowing the tow industry, other than being a fan of Heavy Rescue 401, I imagine the tow operators would want to remain on good terms with the police, and the big trucking companies, as that's where their bread and butter comes from.

Why not just invite them all to their 'Victory Parade', presentation of commemorative hats and t-shirts at the pig roast to follow, then give them all a gas gift card for filling up at Petro-Can on their way home....

Well, someone decided to try get it going. Not getting a lot of traction though.

Make the Nazi flag and the Confederate flag illegal in Canada​

Just a thought but did the PM denounce BLM, Antifa etc protests? From what I recall there was a lot of looting and destruction during those events.

Or am I just being an offended "Karen".....
The events in the US?

I think the Nazi flag, the Nazi swastika symbol and the Confederate flag should be made illegal as they are obvious symbols of hatred and oppression, and have already expressed my views to my M.P. Mind you, some of the neo-fascist groups will devise new flags that also suggest the same thing, but at least the historical symbols will be illegal.

I think the Nazi flag, the Nazi swastika symbol and the Confederate flag should be made illegal as they are obvious symbols of hatred and oppression, and have already expressed my views to my M.P. Mind you, some of the neo-fascist groups will devise new flags that also suggest the same thing, but at least the historical symbols will be illegal.

I don't remember seeing those flags. Did anyone?

We had swastika riots in Toronto, but that was before the war.

The big trucking companies stayed away.

Not knowing the tow industry, other than being a fan of Heavy Rescue 401, I imagine the tow operators would want to remain on good terms with the police, and the big trucking companies, as that's where their bread and butter comes from.
I know you like this one, so let's try unpack it and see some possible reasons why they won't participate. Most of your big name transport companies are international. That means they are federally regulated here and in the States. That means both governments, trudeau and biden, have immense say in how they are allowed to operate, what they can do, where they can go and impose whatever conditions they want on them. Not the way it's supposed to be, but in today's climate, it's a reality. Both countries have mandates on federal organizations and those that do business with the Fed, including logistic companies. The Secretary of Transportation, Pete Buttigieg, in the US and Min. of Transport, Omar Alghabra, in Canada. Both take their immediate orders directly from their respective leaders, nobody else. Both leaders have shown tremendous overreach of conditions they impose on their citizens. Both countries have shown they are not above sanctioning, attacking and censoring those that don't fall in line with their particular ideals. It shows that the big haulers are just being pragmatic. They are responsible to their shareholders and those shareholders want money, not heat from the sitting governments. Those that drive for them are not O/O (owner/operators.) They exploit a loophole, force drivers to incorporate, then hire that private, (incorporated) hauler to drive their trucks. That way everything is put on the (incorporated) driver. Payroll, taxes, fuel, food, etc. The company just pays a lump sum, price/mile to the driver. Those drivers have no truck of their own to take to protests. When they are in a truck, it is not theirs and they also have timings and places they have to meet to continue getting hired.

As well, in today's society, we no longer have big warehouses and storage. Big box stores like Home Depot, Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc are the retailers warehouses, it's why they use pallet racking for shelves in the stores. JIT (just in time) deliveries makes the trailers being hauled the suppliers rolling warehouses. The large firms are mostly JIT, meaning they have contracts, timelines and deadlines that have to be met in order to retain their contracts. Their trucks and trailers are already spoken for and in constant use.

That's my take on why they are not at the protests. Time is money and the big guys just don't have the time to spare.

What's your take?

Make sure you go sign that petition. ;) You can be one of the first ten people, if you hurry.

See, this is something they should have done on Day 1.

I still don't agree with their points, but at least this makes them seem a bit more legit rather than "we're working with a lawyer that we won't name" ...
Good move in the right direction. Also, if they can help contain the worst of the excesses/keep the worst idiots in line, they can become more of a "we really ARE the ones in charge & the ones to talk to". As for what they're looking for ...
,... Tamara Lich, one of the leaders of the convoy, read a prepared statement “calling on all levels of government to lift all COVID-19 restrictions and mandates,” and vowed to stay on until there is a “solid plan” to see action on their demands ...
... well, that may not be as easy as they think.
Don't forget, these people are not our typical protesters, the majority have never done anything like this before. This is actually how real protests work, not the faux ones we are used to.
Generally speaking, yes, but one of the organizers has been involved in political organizations for at least a little while, so she should have some idea of process & organizational skills (which we're seeing more of now) - unless she didn't figure, going in, that it was going to grow QUITE this big.

Damn, this guy just can't get his message straight.

One minute he calls everyone racists, misogynists, homophobes, transphobes, nazis, fringe minority (gotta find an acronym for his hate groups, he has too many to write all the time) and refuses to meet because he doesn't agree with their message. Even though it is their Rights as Canadians to assemble peacefully and protest the opinions they want. So he lies, resorts to ad hominems, stokes fear and anger and gaslights the Canadian people.

Then, like a chameleon on a checker board, he says his goal is to resolve it peacefully?
...it was when one of the survey gurus showed him the latest numbers...

"Boss, you're numbers are sliding big time, they think you're deliberately labelling all lower-to-middle-class, multi-racial Canadians as Nazis, racists, bigots, homophobes, transphobes and scum of society...and while you did say that, you need to help them experience your words differently to regain your numbers..."

I'm fairly sympathetic to the argument that there are limited law enforcement solutions to this protest, but given the number of clear violations of municipal and provincial laws here, if they don't move in and dismantle this, then they are not really trying.

Public Works is finding the protestors' ability to construct so quickly without releasing an ACAN or finding at least three separate bidders to be rather puzzling...

I'm fairly sympathetic to the argument that there are limited law enforcement solutions to this protest, but given the number of clear violations of municipal and provincial laws here, if they don't move in and dismantle this, then they are not really trying.

This is the sort of thing that people are fed up with, inaction. They just had a piece on local TV about bylaw still enforcing bylaw on actual citizens of the city while turning a blind eye to the protest.

However, tickets are starting to be issued, they impounded a vehicle from a driver that had a restriction on actual driving, tickets for a variety of things have started to be issued including noise billoations etc etc but I doubt it will have an effect.

Most from Wednesday located here :

He makes excellent points.

I’m more shocked that you read and quote from the Liberal bought media though.
I thought you were intelligent enough to understand there is always an exception to the rule. I'm apparently mistaken.

Just a thought but did the PM denounce BLM, Antifa etc protests? From what I recall there was a lot of looting and destruction during those events.

Or am I just being an offended "Karen".....
He attended and took a knee.

I thought you were intelligent enough to understand there is always an exception to the rule. I'm apparently mistaken.
Ah personal insults. Not shocked. But I am still pleasantly surprised that you read the MSM. Good on you. Hopefully you pick up some facts.

Points to ponder

Protesters and trucks being forced to leave Ottawa.

Ottawa Police request tow trucks to come and remove the trucks

1 to the police so they get the calls to clear accidents

1 to the truckers, the larger tow trucks and wreckers do a lot of towing for truckers , some of the tow truck drivers are in the protest with their trucks, ( seen in videos and other pictures on social media) do they stick with the truckers as they are the bread and butter of recoveries of broken down, jack knifed trucks, stuck in the snow etc.

Who do they stay loyal to?

Second thought to ponder

The lady who started the go fund me page
She is well known in the Break up the west movement.

She is making a social media, old school media biography.

She has raised more money than the 3 big political parties have. But she does not have the rules or record keeping rules to follow.

Questions have been raised how the 10 plus million is to be used.

Could the money be used to fund other movements, extreme hate groups, more money to fund the pro west break up causes?

Could the money be used to fund a candidate in the next election or fund a party?

So who is the winner of this protest?

Left over goes to fund a veteran program, that the donors select, is it a real veteran program ?
Really?

Ah personal insults. Not shocked. But I am still pleasantly surprised that you read the MSM. Good on you. Hopefully you pick up some facts.
The only difference between that and your impolite little jabs are that you also whine about it.

Back