• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Meanwhile, truckers, farmers and ordinary citizens in countries around the world have seen this and created, or are creating, their own Freedom Convoys. They know Canadians. They think we're kind and gentle to a fault. They rarely hear of civil unrest in our polite society. They also know, we are extremely hard to rile and piss off. However, and the world knows this as a truth, when Canadians have said they've had enough, they mean it.

They have deduced, correctly, that we have had enough and likely figure that if we're in it for a penny, they are in it for a pound.

Strangely, CBC, Global, CTV and other outlets, that have received trudeau's $600 mil+ largesse via Jerome 'the Giraffe' Diaz and UNIFOR, are extremely quiet about the world citizenry, mimicking Canada and coming out in support against their own government's draconian mandates.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the US protest. They are starting from locations all up and down the west coast and plan to descend on Washington DC. And that country has millions of owner operators. Probably more than anywhere else on earth. That's just trucks. Not cars, not pickups or anything else with wheels, that will join up. If this comes off as they expect, the US transportation system will be locked and frozen and will shut down the US.
You also said there would be half a million participants in Ottawa…

I'm starting to like the Swiss model of democracy, although I will admit I don't know enough about it yet. Petitions and polls are fine, but they are also easily influenced by various actors (foreign & domestic) - and most importantly, they aren't the law.

For now though, we have to find ways to make this country work within the current system. And we just had an election. Could this current crisis be enough grounds for a non-confidence vote?
Lol, a few thousand people overturning the votes of tens of millions?

Now, I know it's just a straw poll, but straw polls are honest. There is no targeted audience for the pollster to call on. No complicated questions designed to steer you towards a stated goal, or any of the other reasons to look at professional pollsters as rigged. Straw polls pose a simple question and ask for a simple answer. In my mind that makes them head and shoulders above professional ones to gauge the real feelings of a group.

You have to look at where the strawpoll is from. I highly doubt there's many people supportive of Justin Trudeau reading content on TheLine.

More accurately the strawpolls on major media outlets are telling, especially when they get shut down because it doesn't give them the answer they want...

You also said there would be half a million participants in Ottawa…
The MSM cameras are lying, there are half a million participants in ottawa.

The cameras are just showing a few thousand to set the narrative.

And that's just a small part of the 98.13 percent of people who support the truckers.

You have to look at where the strawpoll is from. I highly doubt there's many people supportive of Justin Trudeau reading content on TheLine.

More accurately the strawpolls on major media outlets are telling, especially when they get shut down because it doesn't give them the answer they want...
I'm surprised Trudeau polled at 1.87 percent on that poll.

Lol, a few thousand people overturning the votes of tens of millions?
I guess it might also be difficult to do at scale, and with a diverse population like ours.

Even if there was a perfect system out there, I'm still convinced we'd find a way to implement it poorly. As a country we seem ineptly managed, and even more poorly led. Look at the last election - there were literally no good choices for PM. I lucked out and helped reelect a solid MP.

As for the protest, thinking back to when I lived in Centretown when I was younger, I seem to remember a lot of older folks in my building. I do feel for them right now.

I guess it might also be difficult to do at scale, and with a diverse population like ours.

Even if there was a perfect system out there, I'm still convinced we'd find a way to implement it poorly. As a country we seem ineptly managed, and even more poorly led. Look at the last election - there were literally no good choices for PM. I lucked out and helped reelect a solid MP.
What system would you suggest that would allow for less people that fill a NHL sized hockey arena to somehow overturn the results of 17,200,000 voters?

And are you sure this would be a system you want to see in place?

Remember that between the LPC and NDP there are about 50 percent of Canadians voters out there who can mobilize and rally and lock down cities for whenever the CPC find themselves elected.

And indigenous Canadians number in the millions if you include the Metis, so they could as well.

Nevermind the bloc who get 1.3 million voters as well.

Do you want to set a precedent for large groups of protestors overturning election results? If so, please, continue to think about ways to lend validity to those who think that the government has to do anything but reinforce law and order.

Under the NDA it was my understanding that the CDS is obliged to respond to a Provincial request for Aid to the Civil Power, per the OKA crisis. However I have been advised that during the Gustafson Lake event although the province wanted the CF to take over the response, the CDS of the day limited military support to personnel and equipment but declined to "take command" of the situation. Can anyone more up-to-date on this comment on the current situation regarding Provincial Requests for ACP? Thanks

What system would you suggest
How about an actual centrist LPC with competent and less-divisive leadership? One with a little more transparency, that can protect the national interest and balance the interests of the majority of Canadians, regardless of whether those voters vote LPC or not? One that doesn't cater to certain extremes, while polarizing and denouncing others?

I think it would be the best outcome for the largest number of Canadians. And that's what's most important. It doesn't require an overhaul of the system. It requires an overhaul of the current LPC leadership.

Is that more reasonable?

What system would you suggest that would allow for less people that fill a NHL sized hockey arena to somehow overturn the results of 17,200,000 voters?

And are you sure this would be a system you want to see in place?

Remember that between the LPC and NDP there are about 50 percent of Canadians voters out there who can mobilize and rally and lock down cities for whenever the CPC find themselves elected.

And indigenous Canadians number in the millions if you include the Metis, so they could as well.

Nevermind the bloc who get 1.3 million voters as well.

Do you want to set a precedent for large groups of protestors overturning election results? If so, please, continue to think about ways to lend validity to those who think that the government has to do anything but reinforce law and order.
You kind of hit the nail on the head here, but not in the way you might have been intending.

Our system only works when everybody feels like they are part of the system. When the winning side goes out of it's way to rub it's win in the face of the losing side, and intentionally excludes them, the system starts to break down. We are looking at a system that is being stressed by a PM who has forgotten that he is PM, and not just the leader of the LPC.

We don't need another election, or anything that extreme, we need a leader that understands he's supposed to be a leader for even the people that didn't vote for him.

Back