• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

general commentaries from a Marine just back from Iraq

::)  Some of us have the option of using AK's -- make mine a M4

m16 a4 is my weapon of choice, still jams a bit, like someone said its all about keepin your weapon as clean as possible.  But if it came down to it, id sling my m16 and grab an ak. Haha

Are you getting Failure To Feed, or Failure to Eject?

Tom

"Its also about having good mags... " -KevinB

- Are you insinuating that stock "Adventure Line" and "OKay Industries" mags are problematic?

;D

I know, I know, All mags are equal, but mags that ALWAYS work are more equal than others.  (w/aplgies to Geo. Orwell).

I remember our plastic mags in the eighties.  I was coaching the Boeselager Team in readiness for the shooting stand, and I had each guy stick a cream target patch on each mag with his name and mag number on it.  Every stoppage got a squirrel count.  When it hit five, the shooter handed me the mag and I curb stomped it on the spot.  You should have seen the OC's eyes.

Me:  "You wouldn't want to go into combat with that one, did you sir?"

Tom

Tom,  I still do that routine...  C7/8 mags or pistol  - 5 issues and the sledge hammer "fixes" it.

In a fit of rage I threw a mag off the range - and into a Hummer widow...  It was 1999 and the US troops ran after it like it was gold (a preban mag to sell)

KevinB said:
Its also about having good mags...

These HK mags are the best (from 28yrs expereince in these mags - 20's 30's, US, Old UK type, Thermold, Sterling steel ones in 30 and 40rd and French steel ones), and these HK mags are stock-standard to to the British. Even the US Army teams were using them this year in their M16A4s. The US mags issued were marked 'for government and law enforcement only'. The UK mags just said HK on the bottom.

Cold beers,

Wes

The new US HK mags dont say it -- those where ones from the ban...

My big issue with the Hk mag is its damn weight.  Talking to some of the CAG guys they have been copyign me (yeah right) using the Labelle Teflons and the MAGPUL enhanced followers as a method to keep weight down yet still have a 100% mag for the guns (Hk416's...)

I had a few of the Stirling 40rders -- but they where way to big for mag pouches and made shooting in the prone more a semi kneeling event  -- I got $100 USD each during the ban when I sold them...

We picked up US 30s and 20s all over Germany.  When I cleared out of Lahr in 92, I gave away about twenty 20 rd M16 mags.  This was pre-ban.  Had I kept them and sold them during the ban, I would now be writing you from Hawaii.

Now that the ban is over, I keep waiting for the US population to go into a steep decline due to a massive GSW epidemic, but I guess all of those Lefty pundits can't be right all the time.

Tom

Yeah - who would have thought that eh..  ;D

I made a big mistake and kept a few pre ban AR's in Fla (my parents) thinking the price would go up...  Ban ended and I have 2 Colt AR15A2 Gov't that are worth less than when I bought them - but at least the ban is over.

Ya Kevin, they are heavy, but if its quality and reliability, they got the old type beat.

Cheers,

Wes

Wes,

When I get back I will send you some Labelle Teflons with Magpul followers -- IMHO they have the Hk mag beat...

Thanks mate, along with a CAN-2000 bayonet perhaps ;D

Cheers,

Wes

I'll see if I can trade for one off one of the TF1-06 guys...

Do the have mag laws in Aus -- like if I went there for a holiday and brought you some stuff.

Edit: and they said that the USMC gusy could hijack a thread... They ain't got nothing on us  ;D

TCBF said:
We picked up US 30s and 20s all over Germany.   When I cleared out of Lahr in 92, I gave away about twenty 20 rd M16 mags.   This was pre-ban.   Had I kept them and sold them during the ban, I would now be writing you from Hawaii.

Now that the ban is over, I keep waiting for the US population to go into a steep decline due to a massive GSW epidemic, but I guess all of those Lefty pundits can't be right all the time.

Tom

All their hot air is good for is inflating baloons...And what goes up must come down.

Hope I'm there to see it!

Slim

Back