• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

'Hard-sell' navy targets lagging military profile

I was thinking joining the military to get a break of my civilian field which is based on individualism, competition (even between peers) and a lot of young cannibalism.

I might read this thread in the wrong way, but seems to me that MARS trade is a similar game. However, I am glad that at least people here are honest about it.

MARS said:
The fact that MARS officers are dicks to each other – and to greater and lesser degrees, this is the case – comes from the other old line “MARS officers eat their young”.  It is entirely true.  The reason for that is found in MARCORD 4-15 (Charge Command and Control of HMC Ships).  Edited for grammar

Must have something to do with that Thursday toast:

TRADITIONAL WARDROOM EVENING TOASTS
The following are traditional period routine toasts drunk after dinner in wardrooms:

Sunday ............... Absent friends.
Monday ...............Our ships at sea.
Tuesday .............. Our men.
Wednesday ..........Ourselves (as no one else is likely to concern themselves with our welfare).
Thursday ............. A bloody war or a sickly season.
Friday ..................A willing foe and sea room.
Saturday ............. Sweethearts and wives (may they never meet).

Thursday's toast is clearly a reference to promotion, only then to be obtained in dead men's shoes.

http://www.hmsrichmond.org/toast.htm

Man, the changing of the "official" toasts was such a mistake. Oh hey guys, I've got an idea! Let's throw one of our oldest traditions out the window for a bunch of lame politically correct bull dung!

Back