• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

For what I have been hearing it will be a gradual phase in, as items get worn out they will be replaced with the ICU's......

So expect to see a mixture of old uncovered buttons, covered buttons and ICU's for awhile.....

Good to know, thanks.

Cheers

PV

CanadianTire said:
That's bound to upset some people...I'v heard of WOs that don't like it when the uniform tops and bottoms have different levels of fade, and I personally have come across the odd WO who didn't like my exposed button top being worn with my covered button pants.  ::)

Doesn't matter what they think or like, you get what you get issued and that's it.

If they are that wrapped up around the axle about pants, things at work must be running smoothly.

Regards

CDN Aviator said:
Yes, all us WOs are terrible human beings.
Ya you  are and that is why ....

Oh never mind, it seems I'm one of the worst of the worst....

CanadianTire said:
That's bound to upset some people...I'v heard of WOs that don't like it when the uniform tops and bottoms have different levels of fade, and I personally have come across the odd WO who didn't like my exposed button top being worn with my covered button pants.  ::)

It's true, and the Pte doesn't get a say in the matter......a Sgt can tell someone to pound sand if tops don't match bottoms, but a Pte can't.

And how many Pte's are there in comparison to NCM's?

Hammer Sandwich said:
It's true, and the Pte doesn't get a say in the matter......a Sgt can tell someone to pound sand if tops don't match bottoms, but a Pte can't.

Sgts have bosses too.

And how many Pte's are there in comparison to NCM's?

Privates are NCMs.

CDN Aviator said:
Privates are NCMs.
Sorry, meant NCO's, my bad.  :facepalm:

CDN Aviator said:
Sgts have bosses too.

And I understand that, but some sad-ass Pte is far more likely to get "noticed" for dress than a Sgt, that's all I was sayin'.

CanadianTire said:

Well expect to see new tops, old bottoms or old tops new bottoms, black boots, brown boots.....

Hammer Sandwich said:
And I understand that, but some sad-*** Pte is far more likely to get "noticed" for dress than a Sgt, that's all I was sayin'.

I don't know why, in your vast Pte(R) experience, you go the impression that Sgts do whatever they want. What i will tell you is that if any of my Sgts reported for work in anything less than an impeccable state of dress, it would be noticed very quickly as i expect them to set the example at all times. As they now better than a Pte, my reaction is also less understanding than what a Pte would get.

Hammer Sandwich said:
Please forward this to all RSM's.  ;)

I am also unsure where, in your vast experience, you got the impression that anyone who wears the coat of arms as rank is completely stupid and only out to enforce made-up rules.

CDN Aviator said:
I don't know why, in your vast Pte(R) experience, you go the impression that Sgts do whatever they want. What i will tell you is that if any of my Sgts reported for work in anything less than an impeccable state of dress, it would be noticed very quickly as i expect them to set the example at all times. As they now better than a Pte, my reaction is also less understanding than what a Pte would get.

Yes, my wealth of experience is from 2006 to 2009as a Pte(R), ( in a SVC BN of all things), so God knows I learned nothing...........I've stated this many times.
So that gets that outta the way.

All I was trying to say is that a Sgt might get a pass on "faded top, new bottoms" more that a Pte would.

You can tell me I'm wrong till you're blue in the face, but it's true.

If you as a WO don't give NCO's a pass on D&D, good on ya. I'm one of those assholes who still thinks that drill & shiny boots can contribute to good soildering.

CDN Aviator said:
I am also unsure where, in your vast experience, you got the impression that anyone who wears the coat of arms as rank is completely stupid and only out to enforce made-up rules.

Where was that said?

News flash:

Most RSMs have a wealth of common sense and know that we are going to see a mish mash of CADPAT and brown/black boots.....and there isn't a lot we can do about it.

Hammer Sandwich said:
Yes, my wealth of experience is from 2006 to 2009as a Pte(R), ( in a SVC BN of all things), so God knows I learned nothing...........I've stated this many times.

Is there a problem with MY old SVC BN?

Don't worry. We"ll take it to PM's.  ;D

Back to your regular programming.

Macey said:
Is there a problem with MY old SVC BN?

Don't worry. We"ll take it to PM's.  ;D

Back to your regular programming.

;D

Hammer Sandwich said:

And yes, I was being facetious.......our CO made sure we were warfighters, not just REMF.

Currently in the field so I don't have a reference. got told in O gtp that the ECU's have been shitcanned... anyone else know anything?

If they get canned then we'll have soldiers wearing green t-shirts and boxers soon because there's critical stock of everything.

MPMick said:
Currently in the field so I don't have a reference. got told in O gtp that the ECU's have been shitcanned... anyone else know anything?

First that I've heard of it, but that means nothing; perhaps we can hope that they've only shitcanned the gawdawful velcro on the sleeves.  ;D

I'd query at work tomorrow, but I have a parade to attend ... then get to remove the ninja star and will probably prick my finger while doing so and die from exsanguination.

Yeah all we were told is that PLD changes are coming but unknown to what extent. Also informed that due to contracting issues we are no longer receiving the ECU's or the new chest rig. Take this with a grain of salt as this was just passed down during daily orders as a nice to know thing. Obviously nothing is 100% certain in the wonderful world of the CF.

PuckChaser said:
If they get canned then we'll have soldiers wea
ring green t-shirts and boxers soon because there's critical stock of everything.

Was the first thing many of us said. Don't forget grey socks and personal purchased rigs lol

Back