• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Vehicles

Buying military equipment during a major land war has a negative effect on your purchasing power. Who knew?

Lets put the economy on a war footing :devilish: Total war.

No more new phones and cars ect ect... I want guns, bombs, tanks, and ships ;)

Burning Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

That's what the assault troop is for. If a cavalry organization needs infantry, they can be bolted on on a platoon basis. Dismounts for recces, OPs, security, etc are internal to Cav vehicles. If we assume 1 dismount per car, in the current 4 car troop, you get 16-20 dismounts per squadron and the assault troop can be sent to assist that squadron if the task requires it.

In terms of manning the aslt tp, we're still gaming that out in the RCAC but I've seen a few COAs. Needless to say, a Cav light or medium Cav squadron will have plenty of begrudging ground pounders if the need comes up and from what I've seen of the training and PT regimen they're running the pilot assault troops through in Gagetown (at least on paper) they'll be just fine at carrying out those mobility/counter-mobility/enabling tasks.
OMG gaming COAs? Read history! In the late 60s LCol Bill terry develpoed and institued an Assauly Tp. Loosely an inf pl with all the "old school" bits and pieces, Manned by PRes folks. It was based in Borden and sp by the HQ in tor (CMA?), Worked well, allowed to wither when Terry was posted. Hmmmm.

Back