• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Vehicles

Definitely a downside. But the ability to move without an internal combustion engine running can be a major enabler for certain tasks.
And how, pray tell, does one recharge this? Normal deep recharge takes up to 24 hrs does it not?

And how, pray tell, does one recharge this? Normal deep recharge takes up to 24 hrs does it not?
It’s got a diesel engine as well. The entire point is to use the electric motor for stealth, and the diesel for all other purposes.

It isn’t a EV it’s a hybrid, much in the same way that non Nuke submarines are.

Rheinmetall Canada and Argo getting a look in with the US Army and Marines. Also impressing the Brits and the Japanese.

By Ashley Roqueon September 24, 2024 at 4:37 PM

1727270610494.png

The most important development here, IMO, is not the Argo platform itself but the Canadian development of the PATH-A system.

It can be applied to any vehicle, big or small, commercial or military, wheeled or tracked - or amphibious.

Any convoy, any packet .... reduce the need for drivers and crews. Or at least the need for co-drivers.

Give drivers rest breaks at the wheel. 25% Stand to.

1727271140712.png

I still have nightmares about the diesel fire flashing in rolls of flames over my head…me in Chemox and the silver “rainsuit” firefighting gear….

But the kicker was, even without AFFF, we could eventually get the fire out with just water.
On my first firefighting course we had to fight a fire inside the structure without breathing apparatus and learn how to use the hose for air. That was done as most smaller commercial boats did not have breathing apparatus.

I may have got it wrong.

I have been looking at the Argo 8x8 as the basis for company mobility and for things like heavy weapons platoons.

Is this a platoon or a company asset?

1727894972704.png

The lead article references the possibility of mounting the Allen Control Systems Bullfrog C-UAS with an M-240.

I may have got it wrong.

I have been looking at the Argo 8x8 as the basis for company mobility and for things like heavy weapons platoons.

Is this a platoon or a company asset?

View attachment 88295

The lead article references the possibility of mounting the Allen Control Systems Bullfrog C-UAS with an M-240.

Currently non of the weapons add ons are very practical - as In addition to all the exposed cabling, and limit of the 30 rd magazine it is a bit of a bandwidth and battery hog. All it basically does is give you the ability to say #1 Rifleman take a bound - and it not be a person you are exposing.
So while it offers a number of niche capabilities, it also is a logistics burden at this point.

The Q-UGV is a neat item by itself - but most of the bolt on weapon ideas aren't even a Beta test as far as practicality goes.
The cart is getting put ahead of the horse on a lot of these projects.

Currently non of the weapons add ons are very practical - as In addition to all the exposed cabling, and limit of the 30 rd magazine it is a bit of a bandwidth and battery hog. All it basically does is give you the ability to say #1 Rifleman take a bound - and it not be a person you are exposing.
So while it offers a number of niche capabilities, it also is a logistics burden at this point.

The Q-UGV is a neat item by itself - but most of the bolt on weapon ideas aren't even a Beta test as far as practicality goes.
My guess is the weapons are mostly to be able to show something "cool", rather than just boring cameras and load bearing capability.

Surely you mean "the cart before the goat"

1727905315065.png

LTVs in Latvia.

Too bad our local reg and res light troops can't get some of these haha. Anyone have any insights on the LFE and what's going on with that?
There was a series videos from the CA showing 3 VP driving them around Edmonton. The project is specifically for the fly over LIB so it makes sense to concentrate them with those units. The rest of the light forces mobility project will be different.

The LTVs will all be based in Latvia minus a small number for driver training. Those will be rotated between the three light battalions as they assume responsibility for the fly over task.

Interestingly these vehicles are not for the GRTF but for the fly over LIB. It’s a nuanced point but highly important distinction. Currently there is a moderate chance all 3VPs Edmonton LTVs are being shifted to Valcartier for a crash driver Trg program.

Back