• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

JSee_84 said:
Yikes! Good to know! I've applied for Med Tech - Reserves, but am awaiting my fitness test before scheduling the interview. How did you feel it went? Pretty detailed interview I'm assuming if it went on that long?

I feel it went extremely well. It was pretty detailed. Honestly, the best advice I can give you or anyone applying for that matter, know your trade inside and out. Best of luck to you!

After finishing my online application and sending in the required information for a job in the Reserves I received a call and now I have a job interview.  I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice such as what the interviewers may ask and anything I need to know for this interview to go well.  Any information that will help me out would be great. Thanks in advance

The question has been asked many times.

Here's a link about interview advice

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/12755.200.html

Anyways... I did my interview two days ago, and it was mostly yes or no questions... background check (criminal records, outstanding fines and whatnot..) I had a nice Captain guy who was interviewing me, it only took me about 10 minutes (in my gym shorts and t-shirt  8) )

Tape said:
The question you asked have been asked many times.

Anyways... I did my interview two days ago, and it was mostly yes or no questions... background check (criminal records, outstanding fines and whatnot..) I had a nice Captain guy who was interviewing me, it only took me about 10 minutes (in my gym shorts and t-shirt  8) )
Let me guess, the Air Force Officer at CFRC Toronto?

JonahLynott said:
After finishing my online application and sending in the required information for a job in the Reserves I received a call and now I have a job interview.  I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice such as what the interviewers may ask and anything I need to know for this interview to go well.  Any information that will help me out would be great. Thanks in advance
The interview for the reserves is basic in my experience. You will be asked general questions in regards to your trade, and how much you will be making over the summer as a reservist so make sure you know such information. Other than that, most of the questions are yes or no. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

^What he said.

To add on a bit more:

You're going to have to read these policies, and the person interviewing you would ask simple questions about the policies after you are done reading (That's what he did to me, not sure if it's for everyone). Finishing that, you sign it.

Tape said:
^What he said.

To add on a bit more:

You're going to have to read these policies, and the person interviewing you would ask simple questions about the policies after you are done reading (That's what he did to me, not sure if it's for everyone). Finishing that, you sign it.
Precisely! To be specific, you are read a sheet about legal and illegal drug use in the CAF, equality in the CAF, etc.

Thanks everyone I'm feeling a lot better about this already, I will let you know how it goes tomorrow!

JonahLynott said:
Thanks everyone I'm feeling a lot better about this already, I will let you know how it goes tomorrow!

Glad I can help.

Best of luck!

DarkInfantry232 said:
The interview for the reserves is basic in my experience. You will be asked general questions in regards to your trade, and how much you will be making over the summer as a reservist so make sure you know such information. Other than that, most of the questions are yes or no. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

That is how my interview went. It was VERY basic, BUT I was also told not to discuss ANY of the questions that were asked.

bcperson said:
That is how my interview went. It was VERY basic, BUT I was also told not to discuss ANY of the questions that were asked.
I sure was not told so. I did not give out information that is top secret. I told him to brush up on information on his trade, and know how much you would make as a reservist. Plain and simple, just trying to help a brother out. Anyhow, good luck with the rest of your process mate!

DarkInfantry232 said:
I sure was not told so. I did not give out information that is top secret. I told him to brush up on information on his trade, and know how much you would make as a reservist. Plain and simple, just trying to help a brother out. Anyhow, good luck with the rest of your process mate!

I was just saying what I was told.  :dunno:

I am filling out the interview planning sheet but I'm wondering if they will really ask most of these questions, especially things like "Tell me about a time when you were criticized for your performance. How did you accept the criticism?". Are questions like this asked in that form of manner making you really think about specific times in your life for many questions?

kolkim said:
I am filling out the interview planning sheet but I'm wondering if they will really ask most of these questions, especially things like "Tell me about a time when you were criticized for your performance. How did you accept the criticism?". Are questions like this asked in that form of manner making you really think about specific times in your life for many questions?

Your going for a job interview!  Any employer, both public and private sector, are going to ask you these types of questions.  So you should prepare yourself like you would prepare yourself for any other kind of job interview.

This may help you prepare.

Interview advice (merged)
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/12755.0.html

Edit to add.

The above ( and other threads ) also includes advice on "what to wear" / "how to dress" for your Interview. ( In case you are interested ).

Honestly, just know the trades you're applying for, and know your background in regards to schooling and experience that relates to them, no different than any other job interview.

When I went in to the CFRC for my interview for an Infantry reserve unit, they asked me yes or no questions only. But no harm done in filling out the practice interview sheet, I did as well.

Godwinlee said:
When I went in to the CFRC for my interview for an Infantry reserve unit, they asked me yes or no questions only. But no harm done in filling out the practice interview sheet, I did as well.

Will entirely depend - I had a great many questions asked and was particularly glad I prepped for them like any prospective job applicant should.  Always better to be over-prepared then under.

Back