• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kingston Reserves

Angela F.

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here is in the reserves in Kingston.   I am considering applying, either for PWOR or REWS, and I think that talking to someone who is actually involved could help me make my decision.   Thanks!

hey well im with the pw's and i love it, it is a great unit and ull have more fun then the resew or wat ever there unit is

the PW's are great, when you go in ask the RSM if he could order you a pizza from a tree............which he tried to do after 70 hours of getting our butts kicked while on our boot course, he may deny it but tell him his old trench mate saw it.( just kidding don't really ask him, he might insert his pace stick somewhere,  but he did do it)  It was a great unit then, and it still is.

moore_3 said:
hey well im with the pw's and i love it, it is a great unit and ull have more fun then the resew or wat ever there unit is

You even speak a different language too.

Res EW is also an excellent unit, I've got a few good buddies in said unit.

They've got access to fairly large resources, as well as equipment that no other reserve communications squadrons have (IE Electronic warfare equipment, as per their mandate.)

Just a Sig Op said:
Res EW is also an excellent unit, I've got a few good buddies in said unit.

They've got access to fairly large resources, as well as equipment that no other reserve communications squadrons have (IE Electronic warfare equipment, as per their mandate.)

If we're thinking the same buddies, the really good equipment they have access to would be the hookah...(No drugs used in said hookah, only tobacco!)

Wow, thanks guys, and it's only taken since February!  ;)  :p
I did make a decision since then, and I applied to 772 EW Sqn hoping to go R291.  I was too late to make the cut for training this summer, so now I wait.
I'll post in the Personal Stories forum if I ever actually have an interesting story, lol.
Thanks for the input!  :cdn:

P.S.  good thing I decided agains PW's, as I'm not so good at learning new languages... 
J/K  ;)

Well, you will learn a new language...yay technical geek-speak...but ResEW is a good unit, and you will learn some interesting things. And this is an interesting time to go in as a R291, as it is the start-up. may be a little frustrating, but stick with it if it's what you want

Back