• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LGBTQ Stuff (split from other political threads)

And while we pillor the far right extremists, let's not forget the left also has their own extremist element. Just as crazy, just as threatening and just as dangerous. This is far, far away from a one way street. The only difference being is that their side is defining the narrative.

I hate to have to say this, but there is no guarantee of safety in this life. We can never make something prof against that. Add a panic button to the washroom and if required post a security guard in the lobby.

Either this or go back what ever junk you have decides which washroom you use all stop, your feelings be damned.
Of course there are no guarantees in life (of safety or anything else)...I'm just saying that balancing the various concerns of cis and trans individuals is more complex than just changing architecture standards or installing new hardware.

Of course there are no guarantees in life (of safety or anything else)...I'm just saying that balancing the various concerns of cis and trans individuals is more complex than just changing architecture standards or installing new hardware.

So perhaps we stop trying to make everyone happy and use a simple metric that makes most happy. Junk A goes left and Junk B goes right.

Want to go to the other room ? No problem go get the old switcheroo surgery.

That's because the people that beat those two ladies don't fit the narrative. Just like the Palestinian protesters who halted the Toronto Pride Parade.

It hasn't made the MSM but my social media has blown up about it.
The protestors halting the pride parade made news though.

An LGBT couple being attacked in Canada would be huge news, regardless of who did the attacking. I’m a bit shocked that lefter leaning MSM didn’t cover it.

The protestors halting the pride parade made news though.

An LGBT couple being attacked in Canada would be huge news, regardless of who did the attacking. I’m a bit shocked that lefter leaning MSM didn’t cover it.

I'm not shocked in the slightest.

I'm not shocked in the slightest.
So I got curious and googled “Halifax LGBT attack”.

The Sun article was yesterday, but CTV Atlantic and Saltwire both reported on it 4 days ago. A bunch of more LGBT-specific news sites (Pinknews, etc) reported it over a week ago.

So I guess it was in the MSM, just not front page news.

So I got curious and googled “Halifax LGBT attack”.

The Sun article was yesterday, but CTV Atlantic and Saltwire both reported on it 4 days ago. A bunch of more LGBT-specific news sites (Pinknews, etc) reported it over a week ago.

How can one tell it's "front page news" if there is no front page? Was it a national story? No, it's a local story, so those of us not living in the HRM would probably not have had the opportunity of seeing it on the "front page" of the local broadsheet. That is, if there was still a local broadsheet that still printed and people still bought paper. For Halifax that would be The Chronicle Herald, which is Saltwire, so, unless one is paying for a subscription, it's hit or miss of coming across it. And even if one did occasionally visit Saltwire, their algorithm will point one to where they think one's interest lies. Lately, I'm usually given stories from St. John's NL or linked to the page for that locale, though I left the Rock fifty years ago.

Which is surprising considering a lesbian couple got the boots put to them by a bunch of men.

I wonder why this case seems to have garnered less interest. Heck, Trudeaus Twitter account hasn't even deemed this concerning.

Last edited:
I'm going to take incoming for this one.....

The last letter of the LGBTQ alphabet is a P
No heat from me, I didn't even find it offensive.

Unfortunately, I did find it to be one of the most insane, mindless and just plain stupid things I've ever seen online.

Yeah, but it didn't. It's just been overshadowed. Since Sound of Freedom hit, they aren't as vocal about getting mainstream recognition.
"Since Sound of Freedom hit, they aren't as vocal about getting mainstream recognition"

Thanks, FJ. This is one of the most deliciously ridiculous comments I have ever seen!

You do know the whole story, right?

All the free tickets, and totally manufactured "success". Standard procedure for any piece of weirdo right wing media bullshit.

The pedophilia movement (and there is one) has and is using the LGBTQ movement as cover and/or highjacked parts of it. This is documented. I said I would take fire as not many have gotten to that conclusion yet. That is not to say it is not there. Many well meaning people (the majority of the LGBT movement) are horrified by this but the problem is there is very little self reflection and/or criticism allowed in and outside of the movement. That is my main thrust of my point.

Example the conservative movement is forever be called out for NAZI, white nationalists, racist etc (as it should be in some cases) and told to cast them out. I have never heard of calling out of the pedo's on that side.
You can't call out what isn't there.

"documented" -citation needed

There are, without any doubt, fascists lurking within the conservative movement. You can find them at conservative gatherings, without investing much time/effort.

But, pedophiles in attendance at LGBTQ gatherings? Seems like it could be a personal fantasy of yours... because its definitely not something of which anyone in the community is aware.

I will stand with you and split the flak. Too true. It was called grooming in the 60.s
Grooming is still a term today.

I realize you're of a substantially advanced age, so maybe your brain is a touch demented... but, do you actually believe that those who identify as members of the LGBTQ community, are commonly involved in acts of pedophilia?

Because that's beyond demented. That's a brain that never had the goods in the first place.

Grooming is still a term today.

I realize you're of a substantially advanced age, so maybe your brain is a touch demented... but, do you actually believe that those who identify as members of the LGBTQ community, are commonly involved in acts of pedophilia?

Because that's beyond demented. That's a brain that never had the goods in the first place.
You are signed in as a guest, may I suggest that you behave like one.

An LGBT couple being attacked in Canada would be huge news, regardless of who did the attacking.

Are you sure about that? Canada has been an open door lately importing people from countries who kill gays and lesbians. Not saying it wasn’t a bunch of white guys out on the town also, but you’d figure the MSM be all over it if that was the case.

Are you sure about that? Canada has been an open door lately importing people from countries who kill gays and lesbians. Not saying it wasn’t a bunch of white guys out on the town also, but you’d figure the MSM be all over it if that was the case.
If it was a group of men from said countries, the righter-leaning parts of the MSM (NaPo and the Sun series) would highlight that.

If it was a group of white guys, the lefter-leaning parts of the MSM would highlight that.

That is why it’s a bit strange to me that neither the Toronto Sun article nor the CTV one (I don’t have a subscription to Saltwire) says anything about the ethnicity of the group. The UK Sun (which is somehow even more tabloid-y than the Canadian Sun series) does mention “Middle Eastern”, but if they said the sun rose from the east and set in the west, I would fact-check it from another source before believing it.

Like the halting of the Toronto Gay Pride Parade, it seems a certain segment of the population thinks that it has a right to do what the heck they want without consequences.

Back