• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

From another thread ...
... Only in politics do we call it flip-flopping when someone changes their mind based on overwhelming evidence their decision/course of action is not going well.
... It's "flip flopping" if you're a hater, it's "doing the right thing" if you're a booster
Behold the latest ....
Will it be enough to stop the Team Red stats hemorrhage? 🍿

you can get a heat pump installed in your forced air furnace on the tax payers dime right now and some hvac contractors will finance the whole thing so you are not out any money at all. One of the best deals you will ever see

From another thread ...

Behold the latest ....
Will it be enough to stop the Team Red stats hemorrhage? 🍿
what does the fine print say? In 3 years time with another 3 years worth of increases on the tax what east coaster will be able to afford the huge increase in oil costs? Pierre's cancel the tax sounds better

you can get a heat pump installed in your forced air furnace on the tax payers dime right now and some hvac contractors will finance the whole thing so you are not out any money at all. One of the best deals you will ever see
Depending on your income, and your province.

What would a heat pump do for me and my forced air furnace?

Cost you money!

You get to watch the hydro meter go around around. So thats fun!
yes you have to add up the cost of all your energy usage to compare properly but the energy transition from gas to liquid and back is the most efficient to be mined and most are already using electricity to power the home heating units they just arent accounting for it correctly

Elimination of all carbon taxes is the only way trudeau has a hope in hell, at this point in time, to climb back up the polls. The time to stick a fork in him, the LPC and NDP is quickly approaching.

Are heat pumps viable heating options in the Maritimes? We looked at getting one but learned that they wouldn’t be good in places with cold climates like the Prairies.

Prairies should elect more Liberals if they want voices heard

This is an interesting position for a Liberal minister to voice.
I’m not certain it helps lessen the frustration and or anger the western provinces have with the Liberal government.
Certainly not a position that a government focused on governing for the good of the country and nation should have, but here we are.

Elimination of all carbon taxes is the only way trudeau has a hope in hell, at this point in time, to climb back up the polls. The time to stick a fork in him, the LPC and NDP is quickly approaching.
The Trudeau Govt, like the Biden Admin to the South, is a status quo Govt. The entire platform they are advocating for is preservation of the status quo.

What's increasingly apparent is the status quo is no longer acceptable to the vast majority of voters.

The next scheduled Federal Election is scheduled for 2025, unless the NDP refuses to support the LPC. With two years remaining, it is still anyone's guess who will form the next government.

I think that most voters are hoping for PM Trudeau to take a long walk at night, like his father, to ponder about his future and handover the reins to the next generation. His "solutions" are failing and hurting people, the party lacks innovative ideas or thinking to combat the ills hurting the country, and their policies are driving the country into economic ruin.

Are heat pumps viable heating options in the Maritimes? We looked at getting one but learned that they wouldn’t be good in places with cold climates like the Prairies.
For the most part, yes. My parents have two heat pumps in their house, and quite enjoy the reliable and low effort heat. That said, a few times a year when the temperatures dip they also fire up the wood furnace to augment the heat pumps. The heat pumps can do it all on their own, but wood is far more effective and cost efficient.

Prairies should elect more Liberals if they want voices heard

This is an interesting position for a Liberal minister to voice.
I’m not certain it helps lessen the frustration and or anger the western provinces have with the Liberal government.
Certainly not a position that a government focused on governing for the good of the country and nation should have, but here we are.
Sounds like that Minister doesn't understand how parliament works. They already elected people to pass on their concerns, it's the job of the government to listen to MPs, even from other parties.

Yes they work in the Maritimes given you have the right capacity installed.

A number of things to consider. You need to have the right capacity heat pump for the climate, you can get heat pumps for -40 so I been told. To get a heat pump installed you may need a panel upgrade if you have an older panel. Many insurance companies require a secondary heat source. Heat pumps are also AC units and most people run their AC in the summer where they normally wouldn't thus burning more electricity. This is a great benefit for people but not cut and dry by any means.

The next scheduled Federal Election is scheduled for 2025, unless the NDP refuses to support the LPC. With two years remaining, it is still anyone's guess who will form the next government.

I think that most voters are hoping for PM Trudeau to take a long walk at night, like his father, to ponder about his future and handover the reins to the next generation. His "solutions" are failing and hurting people, the party lacks innovative ideas or thinking to combat the ills hurting the country, and their policies are driving the country into economic ruin.
There is no indication he will do so. Journalists I listen to are saying their sources are telling them is Trudeau wants to beat Poilievre like a rented mule in the next election and he knows he can do it.

Back